Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

It did it the first time it restarted...but then it went right back to it.

I'll try it again later today. What firmware is your 37"? Since mine is 42" that may make a difference in firmware. Also, you may want to contact Westinghouse and tell them the patch did not work, as I'm sure others are already doing the same.

This monitor is HUGE compared to my 17" Samsung. I really didn't expect it to be that big. When the FedEx guy asked me if I could open the garage door to bring it in I was thinking, "Is this guy serious? It can't be that big!" :D It was quite heavy, but I managed to drag it upstairs lol.

This thing really rocks and I am glad I stumbled upon this thread otherwise I would've waited for the Dell 2407WFP to go down in price. No doubt the best money I've spent in awhile. In case anyone wanted to know I got mine from mwave. Purchased it on a Thurs. and had it by the following Mon.

Now I no longer have to scroll to the other side of the screen just to see a big picture! I had trouble with adjusting the colors, but someone made a post that helped a lot. My eyes were hurting for the first few days, but they're used to it now.

Do any of you hear a few pops or cracks every so often from your monitor? Hope it doesn't turn into something bad!

Can you quote the post for the color calibration? It might help people that just bought the display and are only keeping up with the newest pages of the thread...

As far as the pops or cracks, I haven't even opened my Westy's box yet :eek: but it could be creaks in the plastic (i.e. the stand popping as it supports the monitor's weight). Are you able to locate the origin of the noises?

Just checking to see what calibration settings everyone is using for the HDMI port on the Westy when used with the PS3. If not HDMI, then what settings with DVI.

I'll try it again later today. What firmware is your 37"? Since mine is 42" that may make a difference in firmware. Also, you may want to contact Westinghouse and tell them the patch did not work, as I'm sure others are already doing the same.

Will check when I get home today, but did westinghouse ever actually say that this update was going to fix it?

Ahhh, we're sticky! Good! :D I started working on a FAQ last night. I should have a first draft ready before the weekend is over. Anyone still wants to help, just PM me. :)

Nice, finally got Sticky!

Would love to help you with your FAQ claudione314, but I still haven't ordered my Westy. Will most likely order it next week. :)

This is a steal for the $999 that I paid for it. Buy this thing. It is worth it.

I'll close with some pictures (remember that my camera sucks and the lighting represented in the pictures is not true to life.. it looks much more vivid):

Pictures_356.JPG

Pictures_357.JPG

Can you post the wall papers links for those two backgrounds? Please,and thank you :)

As some have posted before already, you can get the wallpapers from Digital Blasphemy. Here is a link to the Free Gallery: http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/freegallery.shtml

You can find "Coalescence" there and some other awesome wallpapers.

However, you need a paid subscription for his other works. I will not host the other images, because this is his job and his artwork. The man's gotta eat! I do believe his work is absolutely worth the subscription fee.

Hopefully that will end the discussion on the wallpapers, as I am sure the moderators don't want this thread to go off topic.

Still lovin' the Westy! Now off to play some games...

Hey guys. I've been considering getting one, but can anyone who uses it to watch TV as well tell me how standard def video looks on it? I've heard that it sucks, but I want to know if its bearable or not?

Hey guys. I've been considering getting one, but can anyone who uses it to watch TV as well tell me how standard def video looks on it? I've heard that it sucks, but I want to know if its bearable or not?
Its not that bad, but standard def is standard def.. I don't know why you would want to watch 480i on a 1080p HDTV.

Its not that bad, but standard def is standard def.. I don't know why you would want to watch 480i on a 1080p HDTV.

Most of the channels I watch arent available in HD, and I really dont see a need to have 2 TVs in my room ;)

Glade to hear that we got a sticky lol! :D Need help with that FAQ PM me cause I get really busy and need to know that what ever i can contribute will really help. For the first time since I got my baby a month ago I got to play a ton of games today. Played the 360 and PC and was so amazed by it. I freaking love this thing. Hey what are some settings people are using for their 360 through VGA cause I really don't like how it looks overall. I want freaking HDMI and a way to control color from the video card on the 360 other than that i am happy.

Hey W1retap, I've been playing bf2 fine at 1280x1024 with the widescreen shortcut hack...but I can't seem to get Soldier of Fortune II to run without the black borders on the sides? On my Dell 2405, which was 1920x1200, I ran it at 1600x1200 and it ran just fine (stretched to full screen), but I can't do it on my Westy? Any ideas?

r_customWidth 1920
r_customHeight 1080
r_mode -1

The rez hack doesn't work for sof2 in mp, it only works in sp. Friend of mine bought the Westy a few days ago, and we both have the dell 24". I am also tempted by the Westy, although he just returned his second one today because of stuck/bad pixels.:( Has anyone been able to run sof2 on the westy without the black bars? For some reason it doesn't stretch to fit the screen like other games. Even quake3 runs fine. Like stated earlier, the game at least runs full screen at 1600x1200 on the dell 24", which I can live with. The game is old, I know, but we still play mp alot.:D

Not very good, but better than comparable LCDs. Considering it's 480i stretched out to fill 1080p, it's *quite* good. Seriously, though: from a distance (6-7 feet) the quality is more than satisfactory. :) And if you're closer, just watch it in a PIP window and it'll be sweet.

Not very good, but better than comparable LCDs. Considering it's 480i stretched out to fill 1080p, it's *quite* good. Seriously, though: from a distance (6-7 feet) the quality is more than satisfactory. :) And if you're closer, just watch it in a PIP window and it'll be sweet.

I have yet to watch TV on mine, but I have watched a bunch of movies through my computer and through my 360 on it and it does a great job with them. Granted they are 480p opposed to 480i but you get the point. Give it digital p and you will be happy.

Standard TV through a standard cable/sat box sucks on this Tv. Once I got my HDTV Satellite box, the SDTV cleared up a little, but not too much.

BUT, HDTV Rocks on this mofo! :p

Updated the ps3 to the latest firmware 1.6 and the blinking issue is way worse..!!!

It never would blink going from a Blu-Ray movie to the XMB. Now it does...! When switching between different resolutions (1080p to 720p) was the only time it would blink. Now it does it when entering and leaving the Playstation Store, the web browser, F@H....

Called Westinghouse and they told me I am not the first person who noticed it is worse then before...

No fix in sight...they recommend using an hdmi-dvi cable...BOOO!

My tv's FW is v1.8

Updated the ps3 to the latest firmware 1.6 and the blinking issue is way worse..!!!

It never would blink going from a Blu-Ray movie to the XMB. Now it does...! When switching between different resolutions (1080p to 720p) was the only time it would blink. Now it does it when entering and leaving the Playstation Store, the web browser, F@H....

Called Westinghouse and they told me I am not the first person who noticed it is worse then before...

No fix in sight...they recommend using an hdmi-dvi cable...BOOO!

My tv's FW is v1.8

I am not sure if it is a problem that can be fixed 100% unless the HDMI spec is corrected to standardize handshaking, or whatever the problem is.. I think it's a flaw in the HDMI spec that is just starting to rear it's ugly head.

Had a quick question for Burt McGurt,

Very nice setup, I am curious where you were able to get nice looking Klipsch Plaque you have on your wall....??? I don't see it available on the Klipsch Website.....????

Thanks!

Alright, I got my bracket from Monoprice.com for $27 and it is perfect. Very, very sturdy.. rated for 165 lb max load. I posted the link to this bracket in a post earlier if your interested in it.
Pics!!
Picture043.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture048.jpg

100_0722.jpg

It seem like fixing some of issues from HDMI to DVI.... anyway, I still have old TV which had a lot of problms.
I will receive new one next week, I hope HDMI work with my PS3. If I have a chance to connect with Sony blu-ray player, I will test it for supporting 1080p either HDMI or DVI. I knew that westy HDMI has many problems.....

Alright, I got my bracket from Monoprice.com for $27 and it is perfect. Very, very sturdy.. rated for 165 lb max load. I posted the link to this bracket in a post earlier if your interested in it.
Pics!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/hytek9/Picture043.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/hytek9/Picture045.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/hytek9/Picture048.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i...l mounted and saving extra stress on my desk.

Pics!!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/hytek9/Picture043.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/hytek9/Picture045.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/hytek9/Picture048.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i...d=2852&style=&seq=1&format=1#largeimage"]link to the one I bought above.. to take the guesswork or searching on their site out of the equation. Good luck to you, and post up some pics once you hang it!! :D

One more picture, with everything in my office almost back to normal, and gives you an idea how damn big this monitor is. That is a Dell 20.1" Widescreen next to it. :eek:

100_0723.jpg

^^ what desk is that?

It is a cheap close-out special at Officemax or Staples.. I can't remember which one I bought it from. It was like $59, and bought it last summer. I would not recommend it.. I am going to get a LAN station "L" shaped workcenter when my wallet heals itself after all these purchases the last couple months. ;)

hyt3k9, congrats on the new setup really looks sick man very nice! I have only 2 small question it's about the desk I am about to buy it but tell me is it worth it ? And can you install the part of the desk that has the shelf on the opposite side, like for example having that part of the desk that has the shelf facing on the side were you're westy is ?

One more picture, with everything in my office almost back to normal, and gives you an idea how damn big this monitor is. That is a Dell 20.1" Widescreen next to it. :eek:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i8/hytek9/100_0723.jpg

Nice setup you got going there, hyt3k9.

I ordered two of those brackets from Monoprice earlier this week and they are supposed to be delivered this coming Monday (UPS Ground takes for f-ing ever sometimes!).

Back