Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

lvmwq6.png
hzau9.png

Actually on second look the hide modes this monitor cannot display is greyed out... and in the displays tab it says max supported is 75hz... damn I was running this at 120hz for a little under 2 days.... do you think I did any damnage?

Question: does Westinghouse cover the shipping on this if you RMA it? Mine has develop'd some problems that I cannot live with anymore..no one should for the price really.. and I am just curious as to what their policies are with that sorta thing. Guy on the phone couldn't give me a straight answer either.

Hey guys,

I picked mine up from Mwave's warehouse a few days ago and I am loving this display. I use the Westy as my PC display for work and play, and its connected through DVI. At 1920x1080 its simply amazing, and it looks perfect from 3 feet away.

Here's some pics.

Question: does Westinghouse cover the shipping on this if you RMA it? Mine has develop'd some problems that I cannot live with anymore..no one should for the price really.. and I am just curious as to what their policies are with that sorta thing. Guy on the phone couldn't give me a straight answer either.

I would say depending on the problem and how long you have had it would determine that. What problem are you having with the monitor?

I suppose I will call Westinghouse about getting another remote in a few days if I cannot find it.
Oh no! If anything, that's your chance to get yourself a Harmony or any other good quality remote. The remote, along with the manual, are the only two things that really, really, really suck about the Westy. You've been lucky to lose it. ;)

Actually on second look the hide modes this monitor cannot display is greyed out... and in the displays tab it says max supported is 75hz... damn I was running this at 120hz for a little under 2 days.... do you think I did any damnage?
Not really. Even though you selected 120Hz, I doubt the monitor was really running at 120Hz. It was probably just running at its real max refresh rate.

No. To force the monitor at a "refresh rate" (so-called, anyway: LCDs don't have a refresh rate) higher than 60 will cause serious and permanent damage over time.

It's just an option in the PC section of the TV's menu system. I just turned it off. It instantly fixed the problem.

Okay, maybe I have different firmware, or maybe im just f*cking retarded, but I have set auto adjust to off in the menu, yet everytime I switch over to vga, it still auto adjusts and screws up the gamma. Are you telling me that you can go from DVI to VGA, and your monitor doesnt auto adjust each time?

Thanks for your help!

Okay, maybe I have different firmware, or maybe im just f*cking retarded, but I have set auto adjust to off in the menu, yet everytime I switch over to vga, it still auto adjusts and screws up the gamma. Are you telling me that you can go from DVI to VGA, and your monitor doesnt auto adjust each time?

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, I switch back and forth fairly often with no freaky gamma issues now.

Firmware revision is 1.8.

I would say depending on the problem and how long you have had it would determine that. What problem are you having with the monitor?

I got a pixel that's tarding out. Like it can't keep up with the other ones and it flashes/changes colors abnormally. It's really a pain to watch bc it's right in your face.

No. To force the monitor at a "refresh rate" (so-called, anyway: LCDs don't have a refresh rate) higher than 60 will cause serious and permanent damage over time.

But just on and off for a couple of days probably wouldn't cause any damage right?

Well thanks to all the info in this thread I went a head and ordered the westy from PCnation.
I'll be posting pics when I get it.

Well thanks to all the info in this thread I went a head and ordered the westy from PCnation.
I'll be posting pics when I get it.

Good choice, I think PC Nation was cool. I ordered mine about two weeks ago from there for $1075 shipped. Did you get a good deal. Make sure FedEx doesn't screw you and deliver yours late! Congratulations!

1.0 is actually the best on westinghouse's firmware system. Everything leads up to it.

Haha, yes i've heard that one before. And I guess that must be why my monitor has a problem that is fixed in ThinJ's v1.8 model. So Westinghouse must not only count revisions backward, but also make each revision worst then the last. :rolleyes:

Good choice, I think PC Nation was cool. I ordered mine about two weeks ago from there for $1075 shipped. Did you get a good deal. Make sure FedEx doesn't screw you and deliver yours late! Congratulations!
It wasn't as good as your deal but no bad either, $1127.
Considering that it was that much with free 3-day shipping as opposed to $1100 shipped with newegg, with my warranty concerns and newegg's lack of return policy I think it was worth the extra 27 bones.
But yeah I'm so pumped, I've had a PS3 since Christmas and my 480i 27" crt has started to act up so I haven't had much of a chance to enjoy it.
I've been all set with sound, (logitech Z-680 set up that I've had for years and is still the best tech investment I've ever made) now I'll have the image quality to match.
:D :D

Also: How come this thread isn't stickied?

Everything my XBOX 360 displays has a green tint to it. Whats up with that? Its on VGA. Default settings. How should I tune/fix it?

Hey guys,

I picked mine up from Mwave's warehouse a few days ago and I am loving this display. I use the Westy as my PC display for work and play, and its connected through DVI. At 1920x1080 its simply amazing, and it looks perfect from 3 feet away.

Here's some pics.

images...
Pic 3 onwards are screen captures.. they are meaning-less to show your panel's prowess

P.S. You don't have to set the monitor to 60hz you should set it to 120hz... thats how you get the 8ms response time out of it.

It is not possible to go 120Hz with HDMI or SL-DVI.. even if you can force the ATI graphic card to go 120Hz the card/drivers would simply ignore this (it would default to 60Hz).. there is simply not enough bandwidth of the a single digital TMDS at 165MHz. However with VGA.. 1920x1080 @ 120Hz is possible with CVT-reduce blanking... to get the bandwidth to around 370-380MHz.. below the maximum 400MHz of the analog VGA RAMDAC. The monitor however, I suspect, however have a limited vga bandwidth support... at around the factory settings.

It is not possible to go 120Hz with HDMI or SL-DVI.. even if you can force the ATI graphic card to go 120Hz the card/drivers would simply ignore this (it would default to 60Hz).. there is simply not enough bandwidth of the a single digital TMDS at 165MHz. However with VGA.. 1920x1080 @ 120Hz is possible with CVT-reduce blanking... to get the bandwidth to around 370-380MHz.. below the maximum 400MHz of the analog VGA RAMDAC. The monitor however, I suspect, however have a limited vga bandwidth support... at around the factory settings.

Ok good to hear... I am connected to mine with DVI so i'm glad I wasn't actually pushing the monitor that far.

Everything my XBOX 360 displays has a green tint to it. Whats up with that? Its on VGA. Default settings. How should I tune/fix it?
Happens to me as well sometimes. Not sure why. Switching inputs and then back to VGA fixes it, though. That, or turning the monitor off and then on again. Probably just an issue with auto-adjusting.

I'm just waiting for this set to go on sale again. Hopefully it will hit the $800 mark soon and I'm all over it.

Thanks for all the updates and pics guys.

After reading this thread for the past few months, I finally go my hands on one of these BEASTS!!!
I bought mine from a FS thread here for $775 Shipped!! gepetto shipped it like it was new - My wife thought it was NEW! No dead pixels and its frimware v1.0. I'm looking to purchase an extended warranty through warrantybynet.com within the next couple months.

All I can say is wow!!!! I wish I pulled the trigger months ago!! If you have been reading this thread for any length of time - what are you waiting on? Go sell something on eBay or something and buy one of these things! I guarantee - you Wont regret IT!

I plan on posting pics this weekend.

This is such a big jump from my dual 17" CRTs - It's awesome how my grid lines make it like a quad monitor setup when I need it, or just maximize to be freaking huge!! Plus I gained all my desk real estate back!

Hope this helps anyone on the fence about this!

-jester55

Yes!

Seriously, there just isn't anything on the market today that even compares. I really really love my Maingear F 131, but having gotten this behemoth display at the same time, almost eclipses the rig, becasue its the display thats IN YOUR FACE, and this thing is just plain SHOWSTOPPING.

Hey guys,

Here's some pics.

Great photos, thanks!
Could I ask whot you have your monitor settings are.
Also is that via VGA / DVI or other cable?

Thanks in advance

Best

JMD

Its through DVI like I said.

My camera is crap at getting good shots of the display, but here are some.

Its through DVI like I said.

My camera is crap at getting good shots of the display, but here are some.

Slack-jaw

Actually what i was really trying to ask you was what your setting were regarding:
Brightness
Contrast
Hue
Saturation
Lamp Setting 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ?

Your Far Cry inerior corridor photo looked great.

Best

JMD

Those were for the guy that wanted to see some photos and not screenshots.

These are my settings.

Brightness: 45
Contrast: 60
Saturation: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temp: Neutral
Sharpness: 50
Blacklight: 80

And my firmware is at 1.0.

I just switched from HDMI(cable) to my DVI-2(PC) and now my screen is off center. Theres a black bar on top and the bottom.

Powering off
diffrent dvi cable
diffrent port on my video card
other dvi port
reinstall video card drivers

My cable tv still looks fine through HDMI but my DVI ports are still cut off

Can anyone please help me?

Edit: Im a moron I had fill mode on

Well im completely stumped. I hook up the cable box through the DVI-2 port and everything plays fine and fits perfect. I hook up my pc through the DVI-2 port and the picture is still cut off at the bottom with the black bar on top. DVI-1 DVI-2 and HDMI all display the picture cut off in 1080p mode and fine in 1080i mode on my pc, but all work perfect through the cable box. Im really begining to worry that im going to have to rma this sucker, I hooked up my old 2005fpw and it works perfect, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Just for shits try DVI 1

ok I talked to a westinghouse rep, she told me theres no way its the display causing the problem. She said the video card determines where too put the picture.

ok I talked to a westinghouse rep, she told me theres no way its the display causing the problem. She said the video card determines where too put the picture.

I just tried 3 diffrent video cards with multiple drivers,(7900gs, 6600GT, ATI 9200) all have this problem, it also cuts off the picture in the bios aswell so I dont see how its my pc's fault. The rep also said I need widescreen drivers and theres no gurantee its supported, the display worked fine for 5 days and now its doing this.

Are there any third party apps that let you adjust where picture gets displayed? the westinghouse doesnt have these simple settings allowing you to center the picture.
Could my pc be causing the problem or is it the display?

Ill post pics in a minute...

I had a similar problem as yours...make sure the Westy is set to standard and not fill mode.

Well, I have been watching this forum for ages and I finally pulled the trigger. I ordered from techonweb for $USD 1,387.29 which includes shipping it over to me in Perth, Western Australia,

Now the wait begins...

Back