Got my Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p display today!

How bout ATI drivers?

Wierd thing for me, i play Dawn of War and when i get back into windows it was running at 30hz..picture was jacked..put it back to 60hz and all is fine but some drivers for this monitor would be nice.

I'm sorry bud, the only card I have that is ati wouldn't run this monitor I do not think, I'll give it a shot when I have some time, take lots of moving junk around :( lol... maybe someone else will be able to answer quicker than I can...

Hey guys,

Just a few questions (they may have been answered already but I can't find them)

1) Do movies played through your PC look good? (or do you have to stand far away)?
2) If you got it from Australia, where did you get it from?
3) is the base/footprint chunky?

Cheers

p.s. sorry if these have been asked already

The base is not very solid, but definitely not unstable either. If you plan to move this TV around (as in, turning it sideways to watch it from the bed, etc.) I strongly recommend a turntable.

DVD movies through the PC look... okay. Somewhat blurry. Still better than your average non-upconverting DVD player, mind. Me, I play DVDs through my Xbox 360 (standard player) and they look great.

Well guys I appreciate all the info and pictures from this thread as I have just finished my order with PCNation at $1075.00 shipped. I could not pass up this price as the shipping was free and it was Fed Ex 3 day. I will let you guys know firmware and other info including pictures when I get it. I can't wait to get this thing hooked up. :)

Well guys I appreciate all the info and pictures from this thread as I have just finished my order with PCNation at $1075.00 shipped. I could not pass up this price as the shipping was free and it was Fed Ex 3 day. I will let you guys know firmware and other info including pictures when I get it. I can't wait to get this thing hooked up. :)

I ordered mine on Monday and just got my tracking number today which is the day it is supposed to be here. FedEx says that it is in Chicago and has been there since the 7th and is due to be delivered on Monday. I am not a happy camper!

I ordered mine on Monday and just got my tracking number today which is the day it is supposed to be here. FedEx says that it is in Chicago and has been there since the 7th and is due to be delivered on Monday. I am not a happy camper!

Damn I know you are pissed. I ordered mine today from PCNation and they have not even charged my card yet. 1 Business Day my ass. If I were you I would call them and bitch they seem to be really service oriented so you may be able to catch a break even though it will not speed up your delivery.

Anyone try this?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/technology_news/4212508.html

I'm really considering about purchasing this monitor but this is a minor setback. If this workaround does indeed gets me by... I'll pick one right up.

Hey guy, I have/had this problem too.

Initially, it pissed me off big time. What I did as a workaround initially was to simply unplug and replug. Then I realized, I got the same result if I just changed the Westy's input mode (e.g. DVI to HDMI). That saved me the trouble of reaching around the PS3 and plugging and unplugging constantly.

Then the next week, my ultimate solution came in the guise of....a HDMI receiver. Yea, not the cheapest solution but a necessary one for in that I wanted to experience the uncompressed audio of my BLU-RAY movies.

So I purchased an entry-to-mid level HDMI receiver and I'm happy as can be.

If you are going to play sound through your Westy (I'm sorry if this is really the route you're going, because the Westy's speakers are ridiculous), then changing the INPUT mode functioned the same as the plugging and unplugging of the HDMI cable (for me).

If you're planning on using HDMI video and OPTICAL audio, I'm not sure if this has been resolved. When I broke out the PS3 from the box, with no firmware upgrades, you could NOT do this. If you plugged in HDMI, for GAMES (only games), the OPTICAL port wouldn't output audio (at least for FIGHT NIGHT 3). Subsequently, there were firmware upgrades and what not, so I don't know if that got resolved.

Right now, my HDMI receiver does everything for me, so I'm very pleased. I need 2 more speakers to complete my 7.1 system :)

Damn I know you are pissed. I ordered mine today from PCNation and they have not even charged my card yet. 1 Business Day my ass. If I were you I would call them and bitch they seem to be really service oriented so you may be able to catch a break even though it will not speed up your delivery.

I am freaking levied! I hate FedEx they are such a sack of lying crap. I talked to PC Nation and am pleased with the patience of the rep who has handled my order. A couple of people I would much rather due without but Chris is a saint! PC Nation in my opinion got gamed by FedEx and now they have to feel the brunt of my anger (not fair). I called FedEx and they told me that it should be here sometime between 8 an 5 on Monday and that they can't just leave it at the warehouse and let me pick it up until after a failed delivery attempt. Now I have to decide between class or 1080p goodness. FedEx can suck my left nut!

I am freaking levied! I hate FedEx they are such a sack of lying crap. I talked to PC Nation and am pleased with the patience of the rep who has handled my order. A couple of people I would much rather due without but Chris is a saint! PC Nation in my opinion got gamed by FedEx and now they have to feel the brunt of my anger (not fair). I called FedEx and they told me that it should be here sometime between 8 an 5 on Monday and that they can't just leave it at the warehouse and let me pick it up until after a failed delivery attempt. Now I have to decide between class or 1080p goodness. FedEx can suck my left nut!

On the note of class I would have to skip as I skipped many classes for much less. I do agree with you that Fed Ex is gay by not letting you say "HEY I will come pick it up and save your driver some time". I am taking a sick day for work next week HOPEFULLY so that I can be here to accept my monitor.

lol! I have to be there on Monday for atleast one. FedEx sucks! Now I am stuck in the house with a ton of family and no way to get and enjoy the 360! Help me please!

Anybody know if the Mac Mini (latest model) can run 1080p off of the DVI output for the 37W3?

Thanks in advance.

-thecarguy

Anybody know if the Mac Mini (latest model) can run 1080p off of the DVI output for the 37W3?

Thanks in advance.

-thecarguy

There is actually a picture in this thread that I don't feel like looking for but I am pretty sure it can. There are a couple of pics on other forums with the Mini running the 42 at the same res so I would think you would be fine.

Well, I ordered this bad boy yesterday...will have it on the 16th....W00t! Now I need a new video card..let the search begin!

Well, I ordered this bad boy yesterday...will have it on the 16th....W00t! Now I need a new video card..let the search begin!

Where did you order from? I ordered yesterday as well and should have it on the 15th. As long as it makes it here on Friday or before I will be a happy camper.

Mine was supposed to be here yesterday but now I have to wait till Monday to receive mine.

Mine was supposed to be here yesterday but now I have to wait till Monday to receive mine.

Yeah that sucks I ordered mine from PCnation as well and I don't want to get screwed before next weekend. It has to arrive, it just has to. :eek:

Yeah that sucks I ordered mine from PCnation as well and I don't want to get screwed before next weekend. It has to arrive, it just has to. :eek:

I hope the best for you. I don't think it is PC Nation's fault but really pin this on FedEx. Did you get the 37 or the 42?

I hope the best for you. I don't think it is PC Nation's fault but really pin this on FedEx. Did you get the 37 or the 42?

I ordered the 37 yesterday and it has an estimated TOD of Thursday which I am going to take off work to accept. If I take off and the damn thing does not show I will be pissed. All I know is that is has to be here for the weekend that is about the only time I get to mess around with the computer and I want to mess around with that monitor. :)

I know how you feel I was hot because I had people here that could of signed for it but FedEx hosed me. Now I have to chance it on Monday that if I goto one of my classes that I have to be there that day and then leave that it doesn't come when I am gone. I went and picked up the vga cable for the 360 on Thursday in preparation for Friday only to be sitting at my desk on my tiny laptop screen and looking at it. My mother-in-law is camped out in the living room where the 360 is, so I am forced to study in the office to get some peace and quite. I hope to build a new rig by the end of the month and then I am done with all major purchases for at least a year. Let me know what firm ware you get when it arrives.

Say I ordered it from NewEgg and there was a problem with the display after I got it set up, and because NewEgg will not accept returns of larger displays after you sign for them, will Westinghouse help me out with something like dead pixels etc.? If not I think I might just buy it from Sam's Club so that I can return it to the store closest to me. Am I correct or not?

Say I ordered it from NewEgg and there was a problem with the display after I got it set up, and because NewEgg will not accept returns of larger displays after you sign for them, will Westinghouse help me out with something like dead pixels etc.? If not I think I might just buy it from Sam's Club so that I can return it to the store closest to me. Am I correct or not?

I think your correct I personally don't like Sam's Club but they offer the best price and in store return policy for this product so I would say that is your best bet given your concerns.

Well I ordered mine just now from PCNation and went with next day FedEx shipping because I have tuesday off already (the site shows 2-13 as delivery date with next day). It's a 145 dollar bite but if I have to take off work to receive it some other day then I lose more than that. Something that has me concerned is on there web site under my account/orders it shows Fedex standard shipping instead of next day. I'm hoping thats just a placeholder and not the actual shipping method since I placed the order on a sunday.

I ordered mine from Newegg and the shipping was 99$ and it has been 5 business days already. So that 145 next day is a nice deal. I'm lucky enough that they allow me to ship stuff to my work so I dont have to take off or schedule a pick-up.

Well I ordered mine just now from PCNation and went with next day FedEx shipping because I have tuesday off already (the site shows 2-13 as delivery date with next day). It's a 145 dollar bite but if I have to take off work to receive it some other day then I lose more than that. Something that has me concerned is on there web site under my account/orders it shows Fedex standard shipping instead of next day. I'm hoping thats just a placeholder and not the actual shipping method since I placed the order on a sunday.

Well hopefully I don't get you more worried but I ordered on Friday and they say if you put in your order before 5:00 PM EST that your order will ship same day. Well I ordered at 2:30 EST and they have yet to bill my CC. I don't mind waiting for it but it has to make it by friday.

Just picked up this monitor, crazy story.. here in Utah we have a chain of stores called RC Willey, they carried these around thxgiving but were of course sold out, long story short i called their main store here in Salt Lake and i was lucky enough to get a salesman who wasnt lazy and he found ONE in their whole system that was a floor model and was just sent to their clearance center in Provo.

It was still stated for the black friday price of $749.00 and i immediately gave him my credit card to hold it, drove to provo the next day and picked it up, i got there and found it was still sealed, never opened even the guy who pulled it was baffled..

Got it home and am impressd so far, no dead pixels, very little backlight bleed.
Running everything in 1920x1080p native.

Heres a bunch of screens.
Less than stellar camera shots, sorry.

DSC00203.jpg

Buddy playing Gears via VGA..i have picky eyes and i detect no ghosting whatsoever.
DSC00202.jpg

Pwning noobs.)
DSC00201.jpg

Wow running in 1920x1080@ 60fps capped, the experience is breathtaking.
DSC00205.jpg

Crappy shot but color reproduction is impressive. This monitor was made for this game.
DSC00217.jpg

Dawn of War at 1920x1080
DSC00210.jpg

Fear in..you guessed it 1920x1080..looks amazing with all settings max and fps around 50fps, again no noticeable ghosting at all..
DSC00211.jpg

An 8800gtx would be nice for this resource hog of a game at this resolution.
DSC00212.jpg

Supreme Commander demo.
DSC00220.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

So far im extremely impressed, as a hardcore gamer this is an ideal upgrade monitor.
Response time is tight, colors are vivid and bright, so bright infact that i turned the backlight down to 60 from 80.
The menu system is laid out well and simple to navigate through.

I hooked up the ps2 to component1 and we played a little tekken5 in 480p and colors are a bit dark and contrasty but overall look decent for low res but not impressed.
Firmware shows 1.0 but i dont know where to find the mfg date.

I was using the Gateway 24' monitor and had serious eye strain issues with it(and horrid ghosting) something going on with the refresh rate on that model unfortunately, it went back to best buy.
I was paranoid i might have the same issues with this mammoth screen since im sitting about 3feet away from it but so far no eye strain whatsoever.
Thats all i can think of atm.

Hope this helps any gamers considering this piece, GL.

Just picked up this monitor, unbelievable story..out here in Utah we have a chain of stores called RC Willey, they carried these around thxgiving but were of course sold out, long story short i called their main store here in Salt Lake and i was lucky enough to get a salesman who wasnt lazy and he found ONE in their whole system that was a floor model and was just sent to their clearance center in Provo.

It was still stated for the black friday price of $749.00 and i immediately gave him my credit card to hold it, drove to provo the next day and picked it up, i got there and found it was still sealed, never opened even the guy who pulled it was baffled..

Got it home and am extremely impressd so far, no dead pixels, very little backlight bleed.
Running everything in 1920x1080p native.

Heres a bunch of screens.
Less than stellar camera shots, sorry.

DSC00203.jpg

Buddy playing Gears via VGA..i have very picky eyes and i detect no ghosting whatsoever.
DSC00202.jpg

Pwning noobs.)
DSC00201.jpg

Wow running in 1920x1080@ 60fps capped, the experience is breathtaking.
DSC00205.jpg

Crappy shot but color reproduction is impressive. This monitor was made for this game.
DSC00217.jpg

Dawn of War at 1920x1080
DSC00210.jpg

Fear in..you guessed it 1920x1080..looks amazing with all settings max and fps around 50fps, again no noticeable ghosting at all..
DSC00211.jpg

An 8800gtx would be nice for this resource hog of a game at this resolution.
DSC00212.jpg

Supreme Commander demo.
DSC00220.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

So far im extremely impressed, as a hardcore gamer this is an ideal upgrade monitor.
Response time is tight, colors are vivid and bright, so bright infact that i turned the backlight down to 60 from 80.
The menu system is laid out well and simple to navigate through.

I hooked up the ps2 to component1 and we played a little tekken5 in 480p and colors are a bit dark and contrasty but overall look decent for low res but not impressed.
Firmware shows 1.0 but i dont know where to find the mfg date.

I was using the Gateway 24' monitor and had serious eye strain issues with it, something going on with the refresh rate on that model unfortunately, it went back to best buy.
I was paranoid i might have the same issues with this mammoth screen since im sitting about 3feet away from it but so far no eye strain whatsoever.
Thats all i can think of atm.

Hope this helps any gamers considering this piece, GL.

man first I would like to say you are the luckiest person in the states at this moment I envy you something fierce. Second You have some of the best pictures on this forum for this monitor. I am supposed to get mine tomorrow. Man what a steal of a price. Also what headphones were those? I thought about the 24" gateway but seen it in person and wasn't impressed. Have fun with your new baby!

So far its been about a month since I got my westy and I still love it. I've gotten use to the big size of everything. I really like sitting back and being able to easily read stuff. I have a 21" monitor on the side and the font seems so small to me now.

dualmonitorswesty.jpg

So far its been about a month since I got my westy and I still love it. I've gotten use to the big size of everything. I really like sitting back and being able to easily read stuff. I have a 21" monitor on the side and the font seems so small to me now.

dualmonitorswesty.jpg

Very nice set up. I like it a lot just get rid of that PS3

dualmonitorswesty.jpg

so thats a 21" in portrait on the side? looks to be comparable in height? also what stand are you using to hold it up there?

[H]ump;1030625099 said:
so thats a 21" in portrait on the side? looks to be comparable in height? also what stand are you using to hold it up there?
It is looking like the westy is owning the 21" quality wise.

man first I would like to say you are the luckiest person in the states at this moment I envy you something fierce. Second You have some of the best pictures on this forum for this monitor. I am supposed to get mine tomorrow. Man what a steal of a price. Also what headphones were those? I thought about the 24" gateway but seen it in person and wasn't impressed. Have fun with your new baby!

Thx Duce.

Your going to love it.)

Is that a costco folding table? I am thinking about just using one of those as a desk, since ikea tried to rape me on shipping... do you feel that you are sitting far enough away?

Bought it at Officedepot..if i remember right before they pulled out of Utah.
It was $69 bucks and its been one of the best "computer desks" ive owned, its sturdy, light,easy to clean and its moderately deep, and yes its ugly as sin and i love it.)

As far as sitting far enough away from the westy?..its damn near perfect for me but thats just..well me.

I find most of the pretty "made for computer" desks are flimsy, small, overpriced and i cant stand having my keyboard down on a tray.

Im sure you can find one like it at Officemax etc.
The brand of this table is called Lifetime.

GL man.

It was $69 bucks and its been one of the best "computer desks" ive owned, its sturdy, light,easy to clean and its moderately deep, and yes its ugly as sin and i love it.)

Hahaha I have that same table, And I picked it up in utah as well.

I hope so, bu judging from the forum I will love it! Bye the way what headphones were those that your brother was using?

Turtle beach ear force x1's
circuit city $59 bucks

They kick ass.

They also have some wireless ones from TB that are $99bucks.

Anybody else having any HDCP handshaking issues with the hdmi and dvi connectors on this monitor? I have a

Comcast box (3416) that won't work through hdmi and HD-DVD that won't work through dvi.

As far as sitting far enough away from the westy?..its damn near perfect for me but thats just..well me.

I find most of the pretty "made for computer" desks are flimsy, small, overpriced and i cant stand having my keyboard down on a tray.

Im sure you can find one like it at Officemax etc.
The brand of this table is called Lifetime.

GL man.

they can also be found at home depot and lowes, I use them for work tables, they are great.

but I'll never give up my jerker!:D

Back