got my sidewinder x8

TheBuzzer

HACK THE WORLD!
wow. they got rid of the weights? the mouse is freaking light

it weights about half the weight of my old mouse (mx700)

also uses just one aa battery.

i like the feeling of the mx700 better still maybe not used to the differnet grip shape.

the 3 sent button is neat. you can change the 3 buttons to be differnet sents in their setpoints.

the lcd screen is nice. and it is funny when you charge it does a heatbeat type lighting.

the mouse wheel is quite ez to spin use less power to turn compared to my old mx700.

i dont really understand the differnet footings not sure their purpose. but it seems to slide with the one on the mouse.

well off to play some game

Ok. after playing fps and stuff. I realized this mouse freaking rocks or my old logitech mx700 sucks.

I can awp people a lot eaiser now. I never thought my old mouse had that wireless mouse lag thing but I guess it did.

I am amazed. the 4000 dpi it can go up to i think is silly. it just makes me spin in circles. no clue how people can use that speed.

The MX700 doesn't necessarily suck... But it is a VERY old mouse, many improvements have been made since then.

I love my MX700 but I do admit that it's getting long in the tooth. I just don't have the heart to retire it because it's served me well for so long, lol.

well i retire my logitech mx700 because i tried cleaning the junk from it and broke the mouse 1 button somewhat.

But I will tell you.the sidewinder x8 really is a good replacement if your ever thinking of changing.

main thing is because microsoft suppose to have the longest battery life with their blutek laser thing.

I wonder when will the single battery run out of battery.

the mx700 i have to recharge about every 2-3 days.

Benefit of the X8 is the charger isn't a cradle so you just have to go wired for a while :p

I've been looking for a new mouse but don't really see a need, especially since I'm using some POS $5 PS/2 keyboard atm.

damn. it is so much eaiser to scout ppl with this sidewinder x8 compared to logitech mx700 for some reason.

I am not kidding. this mouse really i guess sends signal faster so your shot will register or something.

and still no sign of the single battery running out. by this time logitech will run out of battery and it uses 2 battery.

well another day is almost done and mouse still have no sign of running low of battery.

Damn nice price. Too bad i already bought it. Well maybe someone else will buy it now too. It is a good mouse I would recommand it. My friend order one from amazon now. Still wonder how long till my battery runs out.

It is still working fine for almost a whole week now

Well after a week now and it is starting to have a pulsing heart beat again saying it is low on battery.

i not going to charge it yet.

going to see how long it is going to keep doing this pulsing.

than going to be wired mode. if it runs out.

K, so it ran out of battery when i was sleeping. but it was heart beating for a good 5 hours when i was awake. i left for a long time though so no clue when it finally ran out.

I put the wired cable on and the mouse is working right away and charging now

well it finished charging in about 2 hour and 30 minutes.

So last for like a week and charge for 2 hours and 30 min is quite good.

Being able to play while it charge is the best.

Well...just ordered two of them from Amazon for my wife and I...couldn't resist the $59.99 price right now. One of them will be replacing the generic Dell three button mouse that came with my wife's computer, and the other will replace my Razer Copperback that has served plenty well over the last few years. Been wanting a wireless solution for quite a while now, and this seems like the best option to date.

ive got the x8 sitting here, im curious how the upcoming wireless razer mouse will compare to it

no clue how it will compare to the razer upcomming mouse. I think however microsoft mouse will prob last longer in a wireless charge because of their blu laser thing. Other than that there shouldnt be much of a difference other than design.

For me i really like this wireless mouse compared to my old wireless mouse I had before.

went from wireless intel mouse explorer to logitech mx700 to sidewinder x8.

so far it was a bit weird changing mouse because I am so used to the logitech mx700 but this mouse is about the same size as that mouse and i think i like the mx700 side button design better. but this design is still usable.

Oh i just watch some video fo the razer wireless mouse.

seems like it has a docking station that use a miniusb that you can unplug and connect the miniusb into the mouse.

microsift use some kind of maginiac attachment. so super quick and ez.

video said it takes about 5 hours to charge and like i said it took me like 2 hour and 30 min to charge my mouse from empty to full.

So who knows i cant really compare to something i dont have.

Oh ya i dont think i mentioned the packaging. The way microsoft package it is the best. No sissors needed at all. Can open it without any special tool and can put everything back too.

Microsoft i guess listened to people that hate those packaging that is impossible to open without cutting.

Finally got mine installed and played some WoW with it last night. So far both my wife and I are quite impressed with the mice.

Went to try to order a third one (for my laptop when I'm out of town) and amazon is now saying it hasn't been released yet. Weird...

Back