Got my LaCie Electron Blue today! Just one thing that bothers me a little.

xeefus

Limp Gawd
As topic says, I got my new monitor today, I love the colors and stuff! It's just amazing... But, the image is a little blurry... Is there something you can do to fix that? I'm using 1152x864 resolution with 32 bit colors.

EDIT: No, wait, the image isn't, but the text is a little blurry as far as I can see... Mostly on light backgrounds I think. It's fully readable and stuff. Hmm.

Ehm, another edit... It's blurry only on the bottom of the monitor :D Ah well, is it something that's supposed to be like that?

You should calibrate your monitor. First put your monitor on and let it warm at least 30 minutes, then try to adjust the convergence settings and other user adjustable settings.

Only way to "really" adjust focus better is to open the monitors casing, and access for the focus pots found near the transformer. They are found usually back in the left side of the monitor. Transformer is black thingy and usually it has 3 adjustable pots vertically. Two of them are focus adjustments(x and y). Third one is G2 video gain(dont adjust it). These pots are quite sensitive to adjust. You could use thin and long screwdriver.

WARNING: Notice, that touching in bad places while monitor is on and without the casing, you can DIE ! If you are totally n00b, ask some friend who "knows" what i am talking about(about the focus pots) and its very easy to do.

My new 22" diamondtron was also miss focused after shipping so i adjusted its focus better to avarage the whole screen. Good luck!

Oh, you did not tell how big your monitor is, is it 19" or 22" ? If 22" the ideal resolution for that size diamondtron is 1600x1200@85Hz

johto said:
You should calibrate your monitor. First put your monitor on and let it warm at least 30 minutes, then try to adjust the convergence settings and other user adjustable settings.

Only way to "really" adjust focus better is to open the monitors casing, and access for the focus pots found near the transformer. They are found usually back in the left side of the monitor. Transformer is black thingy and usually it has 3 adjustable pots vertically. Two of them are focus adjustments(x and y). Third one is G2 video gain(dont adjust it). These pots are quite sensitive to adjust. You could use thin and long screwdriver.

WARNING: Notice, that touching in bad places while monitor is on and without the casing, you can DIE ! If you are totally n00b, ask some friend who "knows" what i am talking about(about the focus pots) and its very easy to do.

My new 22" diamondtron was also miss focused after shipping so i adjusted its focus better to avarage the whole screen. Good luck!

Oh, you did not tell how big your monitor is, is it 19" or 22" ? If 22" the ideal resolution for that size diamondtron is 1600x1200@85Hz

Oh, thanks... I'm a little scared of opening my monitor though! :( Also, I know I should not be doing stuff in the wrong places with the monitor when it's on, duh ;) That's common sense. It's a 19" monitor, sorry. :)

Doing that thing with the focus-stuffs, does it improve focus overall, or does it just improve in the edges and leaves the center as good as it is already?

xeefus said:
Oh, thanks... I'm a little scared of opening my monitor though! :( Also, I know I should not open the monitor when it's on, duh ;) That's common sense. It's a 19" monitor, sorry. :)

Doing that thing with the focus-stuffs, does it improve focus overall, or does it just improve in the edges and leaves the center as good as it is already?

It will "spread" the overall focus, so it will give more steady and better focus across the edges too. Of course its a balance act to get the best focus between center and the corners. But thats the whole point, to get it even everywhere.

About your comment "Also, I know I should not open the monitor when it's on, duh ", thats the whole point, you NEED to have that thing powered on when doing the focus adjustments. Thats why its dangerous if done careless ;)

What the heck, I meant "screwing in the wrong places". Ehm, like, uhm, yeah.

:D

Hey guys, I've gotten the blurryness away... Didn't do shit though. :) I guess it just warmed up? :eek: I LOVE IT! :D

Congrats ;) What did you move up from? loving a 19" CRT should last about a month or so around here before you start lusting after a 24" or 30" LCD....

NulloModo said:
Congrats ;) What did you move up from? loving a 19" CRT should last about a month or so around here before you start lusting after a 24" or 30" LCD....

I hate LCD's. Moved from another 19" CRT though. :)

Back