Got my HP LP3065 up and running...

It should be acceptable until i can afford some slaves who will suffer on 14" screens for me.

I just want to makes sure: All i need is a card that has two DVI outs and i am fine right?

It should be acceptable until i can afford some slaves who will suffer on 14" screens for me.

I just want to makes sure: All i need is a card that has two DVI outs and i am fine right?
a card with dual-link dvi... is different from a card with dual dvi outputs which could be both single-link. Dual-link dvi AGP cards are very rare...

WOOHOOOOOOOO! My LP 3065 shipped from HP today. Now the wait... ugh so painful :)

Buy it from HP or CDW. Sure it'll cost you $140 more than if you tried to buy it from some cheapo place like Ecost.com, but atleast you can return it to them if there is a problem.

Ecost.com is horrible btw. I ordered it from them, because their website said it was in stock. It was not in stock. It was backordered. I asked ecost several times through email to cancel my order, and never got 1 response over a period of 2 weeks. I called them up and finally was able to have someone cancel the order.

No one has the dam thing in stock. the 27th was the day places were getting new shipments. Pcmall.com said they were getting 20 of them on the 27, and 8 had been preordered already.

You can find the monitor for $1560 + no tax... but good luck finding it in stock... and if you have a problem, these stores generally will not accept a return on this specific item.

I ended up just buying it from HP. It has shipped on friday and now i'm waiting.

Good points, JCF. I'd also like to buy the HP, but I've also notice no one seems to have it in stock, and it might be hard to return/exchange from most of those sites. And then buying from HP costs more. For all those reasons, I'm waiting for the Dell -HC to come out. I expect that right at launch, you'll be able to get it for about $1500 shipped after tax, and with a good return policy.

only problem with the dell -hc is that it has one input. I couldnt wait any longer for dell, and the 3 inputs on the hp were a big plus to me. I think the dell's casing and stand looks better. The hp stand is more functional though. Dell is just taking too long with the HC. I'm ready to buy now :( I would have gone with dell over HP just cause i expect Dell to be better support wise if theres ever a problem. But i cant wait for dell to sell out their stock of the old 30s.

I'm surprised the 3 inputs was a selling point--what do you want them for? 1 PC at my desk is enough for me.

I'm a 3d animator and modeller, and i use 2 workstations for work. For example right now this pc i'm typing on is my older amd 3500+ with 4gigs ram etc, and the workstation i do 3d on now is my second pc, the qx6700. I do email and surfing on my older workstation and use it as a render slave, while i work on the new workstation.

Everytime i upgrade i push a system down the line :) But i keep 2 to work on.

So its nice ot have multiple inputs because i'm going to have to clear off the 2 21inch sony crts i'm currently using as thehy wont fit on the desk next to the 30. I will put one of the 21inches off to the side of the desk though. One of the 21 inch sony's is poping and dieing which is why i went and got the 30.

The 30 arrives today btw. I'll let everyone know what i think when it comes.

yay.. its here! :)

1 DEAD RED SUB PIXEL!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR :) Otherwise its insane! :) I'm still arranging things but i have to say this is one amazing monitor, and i was using 2 top of line sony 21inch crts.

that 1 dead subpixel kills me though :) I kind of want to exchange it just cause of it. Arghh. Its left center screen, quarter way down from center.

All other B and G pixels are all working

:eek: You know you gotta exchange it. And since you bought it from HP it shouldn't be hard. You could always try to pull a "the backlight uniformity is way off, and that's critical for my work" if you want to make the warranty cover it and avoid whatever restocking fee they have.

A couple months ago when I researched it, I found HP had a 21 day return-for-any-reason policy, and I don't think with any restocking fee, but you'd have to pay shipping to send it back. Of course, you'll have to call them to find out for sure.

How does running 96 dpi at native res on the lp3065 compare to 96 dpi on a 24" LCD @ native res, with regard to the size of desktop icons and sizing set at "normal" in apps? Some apps I use don't have resize options, and I want to stay with 96 dpi. Looking at buying some of these to add to my existing 2405s and FW900s I use for work. TIA

i hope there is someone out there that has both an apple cinema hd 30" and the new HP LP3065 30" with the new S-IPS panel... i havnt seen any reviews out there that compare the two.. been using my apple cinema 30" for awhile and love it... its excellent.. but curious if the new HP 30" is more better?

from research i have gathered talking to some peeps that did own both the "old" and new Apple Cinema displays .... they have told me the old and the new is the same specs.. apple just boosted up their specs on paper to match DELL's own... cuz the old and new displays are both bright...

one person that had both the DELL 30" and Apple 30" said the Apple's whites are more whiter when he put them side by side... and the backlighting is much better on the Apple... but he was getting rid of the Apple to sell it high.. and get another DELL 30" just to match his DELL 30" so he'll have two.. to work with....

now we need a comparison with the new 92% gamut and Apple 30" and Dell 30"... all i am concerned about is response time with gaming... and doing photoshop work.. since i develop some websits on the side...

So I have a question,

I have a Nvidia Quadro FX1300 video card,
I have a feeling it is not a good enough card to display 2560x1600. but my real question is,

Do I need to use 2 Dual Link cables? as in use two ports off the monitor and plug into both ports on my video card to achieve 2560x1600 "if" my video card could do it?

Or does it work for you folks with just one dual link cable?

By the way this is not for gaming... CAD related apps. :)

Not very informative answer my friend.
I know it isn't a tv set. I was thinking of signals through a tv-card, or something along those lines.

Sorry, haven't tried that. No spare PCI slots to put a tuner card in.

yay.. its here! :)

1 DEAD RED SUB PIXEL!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR :) Otherwise its insane! :) I'm still arranging things but i have to say this is one amazing monitor, and i was using 2 top of line sony 21inch crts.

that 1 dead subpixel kills me though :) I kind of want to exchange it just cause of it. Arghh. Its left center screen, quarter way down from center.

All other B and G pixels are all working

I have a few dead ones myself that popped up. I believe you have to have a total of 5 from what I read, dead sub-pixels, dark or light. After a week I don't even notice them anymore so I couldn't be bothered with the hassle. However, if you have a dead pixel, which includes all sub-pixels, they cover it.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...8895&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Thanks for the response to my question previously posted zzz.

So now that this monitor is running... I know it is large, and most of you probably do not require a second monitor.

But I have a user who does (Believe it or not)
And the second monitor is an LP2465.
Running them in Clone mode so the user can work on the 30" and have another person view on the 24"
So the max resolution of the 24" is 1920x1200, so you can driver scale the resolution on the 30" and it just looks like total crap!

So back to 2560x1600, but the 24" isn't viewable then. Well in dual monitor situations I have always found Ultramon a great program! and again it pulls through, it can mirror the 30" inch on to the 24" at 1920x1200 without affecting the resolution of the 30".

Just thought I'd share that. in case any comes across that situation. :)

I upgraded from a 3007 Dell to the HP 3065 yesterday and so far so good.. its nice to be able to connect my Vista PC and my Mac Pro at the same time..

So far so good.. I wouldnt call it a massive upgrade but the HP does initially appear to be a nicer panel overall.

No dead pixels.. no hum that I can notice over 2 PC's.

Got mine about a week ago - beautiful - no dead pixels, no hum here either.

I would say my best computer-related buying decision in a long time. Really happy with it (so far!) :D

I've got one coming from techonweb,order today,replacing my mitsubishi 2070 diamond pro
wondering how well this gaming system with the 2.8 opteron and x1900xtx@675/801 speeds is gonna drive this panel.About 1/3 thru nwn2 so it will be my first test run
the other tower with the 7600gtko gets the 2d and movie video viewing work work

got my panel today and is also up and running,zero dead pixels and no hum.media player visualization for .5 hour for warm up and I have to say the mitsubishi is replaced
big price though

Back