Got my Check for the CD Settlement who else got it?

I know this is not a hot deal but it is about this topic so who got theirs today? I got one for me and one for my wife so it is $13.86 each for nothing well I guess we got screwed b 4 but heck I got even with Napster hehe. that is a joke guys or is it? hehe $27.72 in my pocket!

I heard on the news the other night that they were being sent out. I'll have to go check my mailbox to see if it came. It's basically only the equivalent to a free CD but I'll take it.

edit: Didn't get mine today but I did get my $20 rebate from Best Buy for my DVD burner I got on Black Friday. Today is also my birthday so this was nice thing to find in the mail.

Got mine on Saturday... always nice to get something you never thought would show up.

I vaugely remeber signing up for that. We'll have to wait and see if I get anything.

Edit: got mine friday the 27th

how long do you have to cash them? I signed up - but with my home address so I won't be able to cash it till March 20th...

Originally posted by Sobek
I heard on the news the other night that they were being sent out. I'll have to go check my mailbox to see if it came. It's basically only the equivalent to a free CD but I'll take it.

edit: Didn't get mine today but I did get my $20 rebate from Best Buy for my DVD burner I got on Black Friday. Today is also my birthday so this was nice thing to find in the mail.

Happy birthday. :)

SIgned up for that, haven't received anything yet. Still waiting on my tax refunds too. :(

Originally posted by NleahciM
how long do you have to cash them? I signed up - but with my home address so I won't be able to cash it till March 20th...

you have till May 20th, 2004

Originally posted by workingnonstop
Happy birthday. :)

TY, I turned 22 and Marklar turned 25 today as well. Send me your $13 check endorsed to me as a present!:D

Originally posted by Vertigo Acid
anyone got a link to signup?

To late, this was a deal a LONG time ago. My check shoudl be at home (i'm at school right now) but what was the final ammount they sent?

I got mine too, but I'm not gonna cash it. I will frame this and show it to people everytime they bring up the 'downloading is stealing' argument, to prove how the RIAA isn't much better, and this is also a good reason as to why their profits are going down.

I just got mine today...that figures, I always get a small rebate check right after I make a deposit.

Originally posted by Sobek
Happy B'day. It's mine too :)
I remember filling out something a long time ago as part of a class action suite for CD prices. I'm hoping to see some money soon.

My wife got hers, wonder where mine is, or my brother inlaw, sister inlaw, mother, father, brother, and everyone I know who I signed up.

got mine yesterday! It was pretty cool to get something like this that I never expected to show up!

I hope I get mine, i changed my address since then, I hope the check forwards :(

got mine too. i think i'm gonna go buy another overpriced CD with it. :D

Got mine today also. $13.86 straight into my gas tank. Though my next door neighbors who also got signed up haven't recieved theirs yet....

I got mine today. I was definately suprised that it arrived. Now I need to find out what I am going to spend it on. I'm thinking about buying something essential, like beer.

Back