Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

Its hard to notice but I see what you mean. I will check it out tonight. Hey, is there a way to get the entire monitor to go white? A website I should go to maybe?

Well the easiest way to get a fullscreen white picture is to go to paint and make a new image sized 2560 x 1600 and then press ctrl + F (displays it fullscreen).

But here's a website that's completely white: http://koti.mbnet.fi/jtsm/white/

When viewing it, press F11 :)

The 3007WFP's native resolution is 2560x1600. :eek: The monitor should be able to do any resolution below that. You can either deal with the black bars, or you can stretch the image to fit the panel. Some panels handle stretching better than others though. I am not sure how well the 3007WFP does at it.

Does the 3007 have the ability to do lower res without scaling? IE 1:1 with black bars?

Does the 3007 have the ability to do lower res without scaling? IE 1:1 with black bars?

No, it does not! the only way to do this is from the graphics card drivers, 30":s can only handle 3 resolutions, them being 2560 x 1600, 1280 x 800 and 640 x 480. Everything else is scaled with the graphics card. But this won't be a problem mostly, because the only thing you can attach to a 30" display is a computer, so it doesnt really matter, as modern graphics cards do all kinds of scaling very well.

Ya know.......I have not found the need at all to run my lp3065 at anything but 2560x1600. omg I'm soooooo spoiled now! :D

No, it does not! the only way to do this is from the graphics card drivers, 30":s can only handle 3 resolutions, them being 2560 x 1600, 1280 x 800 and 640 x 480. Everything else is scaled with the graphics card. But this won't be a problem mostly, because the only thing you can attach to a 30" display is a computer, so it doesnt really matter, as modern graphics cards do all kinds of scaling very well.

That's true. They don't.

BTW Stalker_Zero, I read something about 40" monitors coming out this year. :eek:

Ok, so I checked the monitor on a white background and while looking closely at it there is in fact a slight black stripe or stripes going vertical across the screen.
But I have to actually look for it to see it. And running the cursor across the screen its still hard to notice.
Its not enough for me to worry about and I am still very satisfied with the performance so far of the hp lp3065.

I will take pics this weekend because right now I'm sitting in the chair at home now busy digesting some catfish.
Tonight's dinner (which I whipped up in 7 minutes flat) is fried catfish with garlic and salsa and a side of sliced yellow peppers with some peanut butter spread on em......low carb goodness! :D *beeeeeeeeeelch*
And also, right now I have the monitor (which is mounted on a monitor arm) floating just inches from me in ultimate convenience/comfort. :p

Where can you buy the HP LP3065 in stock? I cant find it anywhere. I cant wait for Dell to put out theirs. Dell is taking way too dam long.

Where can you buy the HP LP3065 in stock? I cant find it anywhere. I cant wait for Dell to put out theirs. Dell is taking way too dam long.

Now that I've finished digesting the catfish (yummy) I'm now in bed lying flat as I type this. The lp 3065 at this very moment is floating right above me inches from me in bed using the very convenient monitor arm. :)
Oh, your question umm....well I got mine from onsale.com just before they ran out of stock. But its way into january alot of places should have it back in stock including hp.com.
I would go to pricegrabber.com right now and check the website dealer listings and contact all of them till u find one which has them in stock.
And ya the reason why dell is taking so long in releasing the updated HC version of their 30 incher is cause they are still trying to sell off the old stock.
At least thats my theory. *beeeeeeeeeelch*

Dell could still sell of their old stock while releasing the new one :)

I called up a place online, and they said They'll have the HP instock on the 27th.. but that they're only getting a few.

Possibly 3840 × 2400. Which I believe is the maximum dual-link DVI is capable at this time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WQUXGA

Isn't dual link capable of 2x single link pixels? So if single link maximum is something like 1920 x 1200 (2.3 megapixels) then how could dual link do 9.2? I think you'll need a quad link or 2 x dual link to run a resolution like that.

And thanks StalkerZERO for checking the white picture thing. It doesn't really bother me either but I can see it if I'm looking...

Isn't dual link capable of 2x single link pixels? So if single link maximum is something like 1920 x 1200 (2.3 megapixels) then how could dual link do 9.2? I think you'll need a quad link or 2 x dual link to run a resolution like that.

And thanks StalkerZERO for checking the white picture thing. It doesn't really bother me either but I can see it if I'm looking...

I have no idea dude. I am too lazy to do the research right now and I am not sure how megapixels are calculated (don't really care.) I know 2560x1600 is a 4.1 Mega Pixel image, and 1920x1080 is 2.3 megapixels. Following the progression from 1920x1080 to 2560x1600 and having a jump of 2.3 megapixels to 4.1 megapixels does coincide with going from 4.1 megapixels to 9.2 megapixels at 3840x2400.

2.3x4=9.2 megapixels. That's about all I know from reading the article on Wikipedia.

Its hard to notice but I see what you mean. I will check it out tonight. Hey, is there a way to get the entire monitor to go white? A website I should go to maybe?

here's my screentest for a monitor, its good for testing stuck on or off pixels or subpixels. I had 1 stuck subpixel with my monitor, this identified it easily, then I just massaged it out. Now its all perfect.

BTW, it used to automatically open a pop up to a completely full screen (with no toolbars) but then Microsoft stopped allowing people to do that b/c damn p0rn sites abused the function. :(

So try this page: http://www.masterofeverything.com/screentest.asp?full=y&color=ffffff then manually set to full screen with Auto Hide the top toolbar and turn off the Status bar.

to get to 3840x2400 using one dl-dvi connection you would have to drop the refresh rate to around 30Hz and below (24Hz). you could even power 3840x2400 with SL-DVI by dropping the refresh rate to around 15Hz and below. the 22.2 IBM lcd panels at 3840x2400 are not that fast to begin with... maybe around 40ms

Just got my 3007WFP! No dead or stuck pixels, she's replacing my 3x Viewsonic VP171b's. This monitor is insane!:eek:

I am too lazy to do the research right now and I am not sure how megapixels are calculated (don't really care.) I know 2560x1600 is a 4.1 Mega Pixel image, and 1920x1080 is 2.3 megapixels.
You've gotta be kidding me.

Megapixels 101: multiply the number of pixels in the length and width to get the toal; 1 million pixels = 1 Megapixel. 1920*1080 = 2.1MP.

So I convinced my wife to let me buy a new monitor... :) Just powered up the 3007 (rev a04) and, like many other first impressions here, this screen is huuuge.:D

My wife is going to kill me when she sees this thing.

I think I'll go put on some extra underwear and prepare for the flogging. :eek:

Now to fire up photoshop...:p :p :p

Yes, it's bad ass.

131422357-L.jpg

132186526-L.jpg

the above looks like 24 inch... or that microsoft keyboard is really really huge

I am considering the HC version now and as such a new round of pics will ensue moo ahahhahaahmmaha

Sorry Guys, Looks like Computer Pro 3 gets it......he bid higher:D

Disclaimer: THis was not a real auction, CP# just happened to call me and when i mentioned that i was considering the HC he offered to buy mine.

Back