Got My 3007!! its huge ..PIcs

With the rite deals you could have gotten this baby for 1083 taxes not included great deal that was last week

chrisrod01 said:
With the rite deals you could have gotten this baby for 1083 taxes not included great deal that was last week
This baby being a New Non-refurbished 3007FPW? If so, can you tell me what those deals were, as I am very interested.

You wouldnt be referring to the default %15 discount for purchases over $400 stacking with another %15 off E&A coupon for Small Business would you?

harshw said:
I have used it from time to time with my 15.4" MacBook Pro. It detects the monitor, uses the correct resolution. You can vary the brightness from the front panel, do a color calibration but that's about all. You do not get the control panel that you get with Apple displays.

Hmm, thanks.

Demigod's Owner said:
This baby being a New Non-refurbished 3007FPW? If so, can you tell me what those deals were, as I am very interested.

You wouldnt be referring to the default %15 discount for purchases over $400 stacking with another %15 off E&A coupon for Small Business would you?

No it was a 15% from dell and a 20% off by joining the dell forums and emailing some guy which he gave me that 25%. So the 2407 with tax would have come out to $588 and the 3007 would have cost $1170

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=40&threadid=1963697&enterthread=y

chrisrod01 said:
No it was a 15% from dell and a 20% off by joining the dell forums and emailing some guy which he gave me that 25%. So the 2407 with tax would have come out to $588 and the 3007 would have cost $1170

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=40&threadid=1963697&enterthread=y
Ahh, I know of that deal. I believe it was NOT good on the 3007FPW tho. The coupon was valid only on select displays, in fact it might have been only good for the 2407 (not sure about that part).

Wangerin: The price will drop when the High Color comes out (it was supposed to be out for a week already btw...). However, based on reviews of the 92% HP, the HC will likely be worth the exta money. (Besides who wants to spend almost $1,350 for a monitor that is second best to a $1,550 monitor?)

I have a chance to get one of these for $800 and I'm torn. (Probably a refurb, I don't know for sure yet, but not really concerned.) Here's my situation...tell me what you think.

My rig is a bit dated, running a 9800 Pro w/ 3.0GHz P4 (no HT iirc) and 1 GB Ram. I'm sure at the very least I'll need to upgrade the vid card to something that will be capable of gaming @ native res and if I do that I'll probably upgrade the mobo as well to get PCI-E. So I'm looking at having to shell out quite a bit of cash on top.

The alternative is either a single 24" or dual 22" monitors. I honestly don't game much anymore (hence the dated rig.) I want to game some from time to time, but don't want it to take over all my spare time. Just can't decide if this is the right way to go. Opinions?

Litlratt said:
Don't kill it now. My 3007 should be here Monday or so and am looking forward to seeing how well an x1950 xtx crossfire setup does with it

Having just come from that, I can tell you that it will do ok in most games, but Dark Messiah and a few other titles are close to unplayable. At least at the monitors native resolution. The scaling is pretty good on the 3007WFP and it looks good at 1920x1200 or even 1920x1080. Lower than that isn't so pleasant, but 1280x800 looks pretty good. (That's the monitors secondary native resolution.)

Geckotek said:
I have a chance to get one of these for $800 and I'm torn. (Probably a refurb, I don't know for sure yet, but not really concerned.) Here's my situation...tell me what you think.

My rig is a bit dated, running a 9800 Pro w/ 3.0GHz P4 (no HT iirc) and 1 GB Ram. I'm sure at the very least I'll need to upgrade the vid card to something that will be capable of gaming @ native res and if I do that I'll probably upgrade the mobo as well to get PCI-E. So I'm looking at having to shell out quite a bit of cash on top.

The alternative is either a single 24" or dual 22" monitors. I honestly don't game much anymore (hence the dated rig.) I want to game some from time to time, but don't want it to take over all my spare time. Just can't decide if this is the right way to go. Opinions?

More like me. Mine is dated too. I used to game while i was at University but now no time. SO i am just looking for a nice LCD 20" ost probably NEC 20GX2 with the ol system Athlon XP 2.7, 512 ram and Geforce 6800 128 Mb.I'll do a upgrade nex year Q1 most probably. So if you wanna get a new lcd I'd say get a NEC 20GX2 or the Benq FP241WZ. Upgrade later.

I received my dell 3007 about 4 weeks ago. Dell was doing $NZ600 off which brought the price to within $NZ150 of the Benq 24". After seeing a Chei Mei 22" I thought that the Benq wasn't going to be big enough, so the Dell 3007 won. I know there is supposed to be a new model out soon, but that probably won't come down for a little while.

In New Zealand we are a little remote and don't do enough volumes to get any decent prices or discounts.

With my 5 year old system I was only able to run at 1280x800. Finally got my new system (a must with this screen), Quad core QX6700, XFX 8800 GTX and 2GB of CL3 memory. I have yet to push the screen yet, I got MS Flight Sim X, but at the higher settings seems a little unstable. I look forward to getting the time to run this at its full resolution.

Another happy punter, thanks to all the info on this rather old and long thread!

So far, no dead pixels, and the text isn't as small at native as I feared, it may be TOO large, but I'll give it a few days to decide. I have to find out how to play movies

Man this thing is huge.

HAHaah great to see the thread is still alive and well..........gettting close to a year old :cool:

Lol thanks for your thread, jacuzzi. May I ask, what did you wind up doing to make movies look good on this beast? Do I have to do something with ffshow?

gweminence said:
Lol thanks for your thread, jacuzzi. May I ask, what did you wind up doing to make movies look good on this beast? Do I have to do something with ffshow?

I watched standard wide screen movies using NVDVD just to check it out and it looked great all be it with bars up top and bottom. I really do not use this screen for movies. I use other devices for that. This screen is really for gaming and surfing and occasional office work when i have multiple spreadsheets to work on that woudl be a pain in the arse on my smaller screens.

Thanks Jacuzzi!

Last question, (I hope, no promises!)...where the heck is the control panel? Pushing the buttons on the front only changes the brightness, where's the rest of the controls?

gweminence said:
Thanks Jacuzzi!

Last question, (I hope, no promises!)...where the heck is the control panel? Pushing the buttons on the front only changes the brightness, where's the rest of the controls?

There are none since its a DVI input. The driver allows you to adjust brightness on screen as well if you desire.

Of course you can use your video card drivers to tweak color and the like and there is most likely a diagnositc mode you can get to but a google search may be required

Thanks, I found it.

Isn't there some rule of thumb for LCD's that you should turn contrast and brightness as far down as you can? If I recall correctly, this gives you better blacks and colors? Is that accurate?

gweminence said:
Thanks, I found it.

Isn't there some rule of thumb for LCD's that you should turn contrast and brightness as far down as you can? If I recall correctly, this gives you better blacks and colors? Is that accurate?

Perhaps where CRTS are concerned. Perhaps someone other than me who actually has a clue will chime in :p

Okay I feel like an idiot. After going through all those wallpapers I realize that most of you have them already, from the pics in this thread, lol.

Thanks, I found it.

I have no idea what the rule of thumb is. Best thing to do in my opinion is adjust the monitors settings to what looks best as far as you are concerned. Can't really go wrong with that. I think mine is set to about half brightness or around 7 or something. (I think there are 10 brightness levels.)

I have no idea what the rule of thumb is. Best thing to do in my opinion is adjust the monitors settings to what looks best as far as you are concerned. Can't really go wrong with that. I think mine is set to about half brightness or around 7 or something. (I think there are 10 brightness levels.)

Well, I've been pretty satisfied with my hp lp3065 so far. The samsung 305T and the dell 3007wfp-HC are just coming too late to the party.
But in general whether it be the old dell or whatever 30incher I don't think finely fine adjustments are needed....at least in my case.
All I did on mine was use the nvidia control panel for a tweak and lowered the brightness. I'm fine with reading text and everything else......so far.

Well, I've been pretty satisfied with my hp lp3065 so far. The samsung 305T and the dell 3007wfp-HC are just coming too late to the party.
But in general whether it be the old dell or whatever 30incher I don't think finely fine adjustments are needed....at least in my case.
All I did on mine was use the nvidia control panel for a tweak and lowered the brightness. I'm fine with reading text and everything else......so far.

I try to not use software to make adjustments I can make in or on the hardware. I prefer it that way. Plus I hate going through having go reset that stuff in the NVIDIA control panels whenever I upgrade cards or drivers.

I try to not use software to make adjustments I can make in or on the hardware. I prefer it that way. Plus I hate going through having go reset that stuff in the NVIDIA control panels whenever I upgrade cards or drivers.

Well I guess it can be considered unfortunate that I have no choice but to use software controls. But so far I have no complaints.

Well I guess it can be considered unfortunate that I have no choice but to use software controls. But so far I have no complaints.

Well my Dell 3007WFP has it's own software, but I haven't had to use any of it. The brightness and contrast are all that I have ever had to adjust, and those controls are present on the monitor itself in hardware. So I just use those.

I ordered a 3007 a few days ago. It should be here tomorrow. I cant wait. I just hope the single 8800 GTX is going to be enough for this thing. Im not really worried about it. But I am very excited to have widescreen gaming on my PC.

I ordered a 3007 a few days ago. It should be here tomorrow. I cant wait. I just hope the single 8800 GTX is going to be enough for this thing. Im not really worried about it. But I am very excited to have widescreen gaming on my PC.

Prepare to be astonished :cool:

It will be 95% of the time right now. I had to run on a single 8800GTX with mine for awhile because of the sound/SLI issues. Now that I've got a sound card that works, I've used the second 8800GTX to allow for obscene AA and AF levels.

yeh i can't wait i ordered my dell 30" (in australia as i live there) yesterday and i scammed free express shipping that meant it comes next tuesday. BUT then dell rings me up today to say that it will be delivered tommorow!!! how awesome is that!

is the dell 3007wfp i ordered possibly the 95% color gamut one?

Will i be happy with it?:confused:

can't wait!!

yeh i can't wait i ordered my dell 30" (in australia as i live there) yesterday and i scammed free express shipping that meant it comes next tuesday. BUT then dell rings me up today to say that it will be delivered tommorow!!! how awesome is that!

is the dell 3007wfp i ordered possibly the 95% color gamut one?

Will i be happy with it?:confused:

can't wait!!

I don't know if it will be or not. Even if it's not it is still a great monitor. The price also can't be beat on them.

I don't know if it will be or not. Even if it's not it is still a great monitor. The price also can't be beat on them.

Regarding the gamut: I just searched this entire thread and didn't note any gamut changes in any posts--I suppose I can go do a quick search on the entire Displays forum, but it'll take forever to find it just putting in "gamut" and "3007". Any links to threads in here, or any comments about a gamut increase?

I'm between going with the (semi-reasonable) BenQ 24" or getting this.... still on the fence because I have a LAN party coming up and I have to be able to transport my monitor--in the box--to Lousiana (from Illinois.) Not sure if the box will fit in my Monte Carlo. *SIGH*

EDIT: Yep, did a quick search as I described above, came up with a few dozen threads that didn't seem to mention a gamut increase. Is he referencing the -HC version of the monitor with this increase?

Regarding the gamut: I just searched this entire thread and didn't note any gamut changes in any posts--I suppose I can go do a quick search on the entire Displays forum, but it'll take forever to find it just putting in "gamut" and "3007". Any links to threads in here, or any comments about a gamut increase?

I'm between going with the (semi-reasonable) BenQ 24" or getting this.... still on the fence because I have a LAN party coming up and I have to be able to transport my monitor--in the box--to Lousiana (from Illinois.) Not sure if the box will fit in my Monte Carlo. *SIGH*

EDIT: Yep, did a quick search as I described above, came up with a few dozen threads that didn't seem to mention a gamut increase. Is he referencing the -HC version of the monitor with this increase?

The improved Dell 30" is the 3007WFP-HC. The regular one is simply the 3007WFP.

The improved Dell 30" is the 3007WFP-HC. The regular one is simply the 3007WFP.

Dan:

That's what I thought--am I out of the loop, or aren't they selling this unit as a separate model? I was pretty confident they were going to price this separately, and I am also pretty confident there was a thread or two discussing this (along with blatant "we hate Dell' messages.)

If they are just phasing them in with the existing 3007 line, this would somewhat encourage me to pursue Dell for my next monitor.... now if I can just find the box dimensions so I can calculate if it'll fit in my trunk or in my car.... *SIGH*

Back to the Internet I go!

i just got mine set up, what is the difference between the HC version and this?

Gizmondo said:
The UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC now has a 92 percent color gamut, which Dell claims will deliver brighter, crisper colors. It also has a faster 8ms grey-to-grey response time (vs 11ms on the old panel), in addition to all the features found on the original panel (like a 9-in-2 card reader and 4 USB ports).

from: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/dell-3007wfphc-lcd-gets-pumped-for-hp-showdown-214683.php

Back