Got my 260GTX back From Viper John

holy crap, How did I miss this thread.

kudos to the OP, ViperJohn does excellent work and he is a top notch guy w/ excellent CS.

He did my x850xt pe years and years ago., I see he still uses the purple towel for pictures haha

viperfangwcx85054ys.jpg
Sweet card dude....
I had him do an X850 also..but it was air cooled..

June2007004.jpg

that card was a monster..I still have it too..Its just a little dusty now..:)

CrossHairs,

That's one sweet looking mod! ViperJohn does excellent work. Many of the cards he modded went were used to post world record benchmarks.

I hope you do decide to post benchmarks of your newly modded card. I personally would really like to see how it performs with the mod. :)

Thanks , and they are already posted..just not on this forum:)

Your a fat little punk ass bitch aren't you? One of these days I'm going to slit your throat and have you swimming with the fishes you piece of shit. :mad: Texas forever Bitch.

Passive agression over the internet FTW! I might move to Texas some day. Im a pretty good swimmer too!

So classy though...really.

Youre right...my mistake...whats it called? Making empty threats you know your not gonna follow through on? Really thought that was passive aggression.
dictionary explains it best Of, relating to, or having a personality disorder characterized by habitual passive resistance to demands for adequate performance in occupational or social situations, as by procrastination, stubbornness, sullenness, and inefficiency.

Wow, a hardware enthusiast getting slammed by 1/3 (a guess-timate) of the crowd at [H]ardForum

Let me say that again... [H]ardForum.

I think it's say to say that Crosshair is 2[H]4U, and leave him be. Christ.

I agree with Spartan here.

Let Crosshairs share his card with the community that might be interested in it. If you dont like what he did with his card... why waste your time posting?

I <3 my GTX 260.

If your goal was to spend more money and get less performance, then you greatly accomplished your task. good job.

i just wanted to come in for a sec, if he has the money to have his card look nice (which it does, awesome! :)) and preform to his needs, well then he should go for it. if i had the extra cash lying around i sure as hell would go get my 4870 x2 modded like Crosshairs 260gtx, but sadly i cant since im only 14 haha

btw awesome mod Crosshairs, i didnt go through all the pages, but do you have any pics with it in your case?

If your goal was to spend more money and get less performance, then you greatly accomplished your task. good job.
I don't quite understand your post....where exactly did I get less performance?
Please show me the before and after comparison of my card.
Surely you must have it, otherwise that would mean you have no idea of what your talking about.

btw awesome mod Crosshairs, i didnt go through all the pages, but do you have any pics with it in your case?
Thanks...And yeah,sure do..Post #36..http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033183922&postcount=36

I don't quite understand your post....where exactly did I get less performance?
Please show me the before and after comparison of my card.
Surely you must have it, otherwise that would mean you have no idea of what your talking about.

Thanks...And yeah,sure do..Post #36..http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033183922&postcount=36

like already posted, you could of gotten a oc/wc 280gtx for the same price or cheaper. You would then have better performance, a warranty, work done by a multi-million dollar company, AND have the possibility to get MORE performance from further modding.

you can try and justify it by saying "this is what i wanted", all you want. The FACT sill remains that there are better alternatives you could have gone too. Unless you just want the "look" of this card or any other crazy reason that isnt "performance", then that is the only leg you would have to stand on. And if you did do it for any of those reason, we will still ridicule you for it :p

I see absolutely NO logical reason why anyone would go the route that you did.

You, or anyone else can take this as "bashing", "trolling", "hating"..etc all you want. Its my opinion(and the opinion of many others). If you dont want different opinions, Then dont post things on the internet. This isnt a fairytale land where everyone will kiss ass and praise people for doing illogical things.

Crosshair - nice card you got! glad to see some people still see value in quality ;)

I might have to see what ViperJohn does with the 4870X2's and take a plunge:)

What was that T.V. show where one of the guys bought a LeBaron instead of a Volvo just because he thought Jon Voight once owned it?

like already posted, you could of gotten a oc/wc 280gtx for the same price or cheaper. You would then have better performance, a warranty, work done by a multi-million dollar company, AND have the possibility to get MORE performance from further modding.

you can try and justify it by saying "this is what i wanted", all you want. The FACT sill remains that there are better alternatives you could have gone too. Unless you just want the "look" of this card or any other crazy reason that isnt "performance", then that is the only leg you would have to stand on. And if you did do it for any of those reason, we will still ridicule you for it :p

I see absolutely NO logical reason why anyone would go the route that you did.

You, or anyone else can take this as "bashing", "trolling", "hating"..etc all you want. Its my opinion(and the opinion of many others). If you don't want different opinions, Then don't post things on the internet. This isn't a fairytale land where everyone will kiss ass and praise people for doing illogical things.

I added bold to the part that really bothers you...that's all this is about, nothing more....you don't like what I did...it makes no sense to you....it confuses you.....how could anyone do this?.....

also, you have nothing to support you claim that I got less performance?
strange, you almost sounded like you knew what you were talking about......almost....but you fell apart when the proof needed to brought out...:p

EDIT:
My card left the factory at 576 core 999 Memory ..It came back from John and now runs 775 core and 1260 memory...Rock solid stable .....
Money well spent IMO..so try and see it for what it is, and not what you thought it should have been....

Crosshair - nice card you got! glad to see some people still see value in quality ;)

I might have to see what ViperJohn does with the 4870X2's and take a plunge:)
dont post it here unless you want the teenage mafia laughing at you..:)

I added bold to the part that really bothers you...that's all this is about, nothing more....you don't like what I did...it makes no sense to you....it confuses you.....how could anyone do this?.....

also, you have nothing to support you claim that I got less performance?
strange, you almost sounded like you knew what you were talking about......almost....but you fell apart when the proof needed to brought out...

i have to admit, even though i think $300 to mod a GTX260 is a waste, i would LOVE to see a 4870X2 modded like that.

Who says we are all teenagers here? You must be bothered by what you percieve as younger people than you having possibly better fiscal sense.

Who says we are all teenagers here? You must be bothered by what you percieve as younger people than you having possibly better fiscal sense.
That's the funny thing though, you don't. Half of you can't grasp having disposable income and using it to buy whatever you want for your own enjoyment. It's like a financial immaturity.

Not at all.
I'm actually still laughing about the inane chatter of a select few that just cant seem to accept the fact that I bought what I wanted.
Cost was not a factor for me, it usually never is when it comes to my PC .

Maybe it is for you, but its not for me.
I make no apologies for that.

Not at all.
I'm actually still laughing about the inane chatter of a select few that just cant seem to accept the fact that I bought what I wanted.
Cost was not a factor for me, it usually never is when it comes to my PC .

Maybe it is for you, but its not for me.
I make no apologies for that.

what people "can't accept" is really more what people can't understand. Which is why you paid for a card that is slower than a card with identical architecture and has a warranty and has higher OC headroom. Why did you choose to get the slower of two options? ESPECIALLY if money isn't an issue, why the hell didnt' you get a 280?

Read the thread again if you dont understand. I thought we beat this horse to death yesterday.

Read the thread again if you dont understand. I thought we beat this horse to death yesterday.

We certainly did.
thanks for reminding me..and for the support.
I think the time has come to put this horse down.
Thread closed

Back