Got my 1950Pro AGP...Where is the Overdrive option in Cat 6.11?

Capt. Insano

Weaksauce
I went to Best Buy last night and they had the Visiontek 1950Pro for $299 and I had a 12% Rewardzone coupon so I bought it for $263 which I thought it was a decent deal. Brought it home, opened the box and damn... the card weighs like 5 pounds with huge copper heatsinks on the front and back of the card. :eek:

This replaced my X800XL, which is for sale now with the Zalman VF cooler and ram sinks btw. I uninstalled the previous versions of Cat 6.10's, shut down, removed the old card, rebooted and installed the Cat 6.11's from ATI's website. All went well and I am very happy with the performance so far. However, I don't see the ATI Overdrive option in the Catalyst Control Center and I don't see a place to check the fan speed or temps. Am I missing something? Did a google on it and didn't find an answer. I looked into ATI Tray Tools and the latest version out does not support the 1950Pro yet. Any clue?

Probably need a new driver revision for support for x1950pro agp. Mine doesn't have those options either and Everest doesn't list GPU temps.

Well, I did some more reading on Visiontek's website and accroding to their techs, the 1950pro does not have the temp sensor and CCC will not let you enable the Overdrive function. We will have to use the ATI Tray Tools or Riva Tuner instead.

ATI TOOL 652.5 / 1552.5 stable nearly 8.5k in 05, and over 4.5k in 06... not to shabby for such old hardware.

Back