Got any games you've completely neglected?

Bought the Orange Box years ago and still have only played a few levels of HL2

another game...

operation flashpoint: dragon rising. got to mission 5 and turned it off one day. didnt play it again.

Mass Effect (glitchy piece of shit, I gave up)
Bioshock (was about 1 or 2 hours into it, had HD issues, reformat didn't feel compell to restart *shrug*)

Crysis - installed, played for 15-20 min and the frame rate was so bad (8800GTX) I couldn't be bothered with it. Uninstalled and left it in the box since.

Dragon Age - pre ordered, was waiting to get a new system before installing it and some utter ++++ at the official forums posted the ending in a thread title. Now lost my enthusiasm for it

Dragon Age for me. I bought it on sale a few months ago, and I played it for maybe 5 hours. I want to play it, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to start it.

People seem to be just listing games they didn't like. I think that's different than what the OP intended to ask. I have neglected Dead Space, even though it seemed like a good game for the 10 minutes I played it, but I have gotten consumed by the many other games I have purchased since. I will probably get around to it one of these days.

I don't like TF2. They messed it up. It's a Disney game for little kids.

My "games neglected" list exists because of TF2, which has dominated my gaming hours for two years now. Games that I loved, but have forsaken because of TF2: (and lets define "forsaken" to mean never finished/completed SP)

Mass Effect 1
Batman AA
CoD4:MW
Silent Hunter 4
GTA 4

FWIW, I don't at all miss the Grenade Spam-A-Lot that was Team Fortress Classic.

Pretty much every RTS game since Starcraft.

As far as recent games that I bought at discount that I never finished included Lost Planet, Splinter Cell Double Agent and Supreme Commander

Dragon Age here too.
I want to play it, I just...can't. Doesn't feel epic enough to me.

It took me almost 2 years to unwrap Uncharted. I only did it because 2 was coming out and I wanted to catch up on the story. I also bought The Witcher a year ago and have not played it and also have Demon's Souls sealed left to play.

Demon's souls and valkyria chronicles. I don't have the time to focus on them. I've heard good things about valkyria too

Dragon Age
The Witcher
TF2
GTA4
Farcry 2
Titan Quest
STALKER

Although, I am enjoying Defense Grid:The Awakening lol

lock on
il sturmovik forgotten battles
arma 1 gold + arma 2 ( i'm just too bored to install :S )
batman arkham asylum
metroid trilogy +grand slam tennis ( wii )
fable II ( xbox 360 )

Bought the Orange Box years ago and still have only played a few levels of HL2

I can best this one. I've owned HL2 since maybe Dec 2004. I started up Counter-strike: source and forgot all about HL2 until late last year when I beat HL2 E1 and E2 quite frankly one of the most cinematic games I've played especially considering I played it 5 years after it was released. HL2 has aged incredibly well.

Borderlands~ I lost interest when the friends that I was running though it with decided to start modding guns and passing em to me without me knowing.

Yeah, a 25 shot burst fire electro element Sledge's shotgun seems totally plausible! I ditched the guns later, but that totally took all the spice out of loot whoring out of it. =p I'll probably get into the game again sometime later down the line though.

--

Also GTA4. Love the game with a passion, but I've had to restart it like a billion times because I keep reformatting and forgetting to back up saves. That plus the terrible performance's been making it a tough game to finish.

Bunch of other games I need to finish, but they're all like 5-10 dollar titles on sale at Gamestop so no biggy.

Bioshock - Played it for a while then got bored and never played it again

Oblivion and Fallout 3 - Actually got into them, but when I get busy in my actual life I end up not playing them for a week and never get back into them. Its a shame, I enjoy RPG games but these days I dont have the time to get into them. Only played Oblivion and Fallout 3 for a few hours each and didn't play them again.

Those are the only games which I payed full price for and never played for more than a few minutes that come to mind. Also got Gears of War and Assassins Creed 1 middle of last year, but they were both half price at eb games.

Could never for the life of me play anymore GTA games. Been playing them since the first one, and after the Third one, they all just seemed the same, get a car get some where fast kill somebody run from the police. Just got tiring.

Fallout 3=instant boredom
Planescape Torment was burnout.Just now trying again

Borderlands, Played with friends, made it through once but hit a wall during the 2nd playthrough (didn't take us long to make it through once) got really boring

People mentioning Dragon Age are crazy, I was NEVER into RPG's at all, I laugh friends who play WoW all day and night...but I got the game on Tuesday and played through it (25hours, no side quests) and loved it...I must say if it wasn't for Morrigan I probably wouldn't have finished the game...I wanted to know what happened..I know and...DA2 will be on my list for sure

TF2. I bought it when it released. It was a lot of fun. Then I stepped away for a month and came back and now have to earn all this stuff. Haven't picked it up and played it in like 8 months. I kind of wished it was more like the original.

Crysis and Bishock for me. I have tried to get into both of them a couple times, but I lose interest after about an hour. I really want to like them, but I just don't.

The only games that this has happened to me with were Morrowind and Oblivion. I don't think I like First Person RPG's much. However, I did like games like System Shock 2 and Deus Ex so who knows.

For Morrowind, I think it had something to do with the crappy dialogue. I love a good story and none of the talking elements seemed to matter. I just clicked on random people and then clicked on "Bosmer", "Dwemer", etc. After a while, I didn't even read their replies 'cause it was the same pointless drivel over and over again. (This probably isn't the only reason, but it's been years)

For Oblivion, I didn't really enjoy the fact that my actions had no impact on the world. After I became head of the wizards guild, for example,. I expected to be able to order my minions around, raise an army, research new spells, build towers, mine gold, take over towns, etc. However, people still treated me the same and I kept doing pointless quests for loot that didn't matter since the bandits had glass armor anyway.

I'll eventually get to Fallout 3, but I'm afraid I'll hate it. I really don't want to hate it since I love post apocalyptic fiction, science fiction, and the first 2 games.

Bioshock. Great game but got stuck and got too frustrated to ever play it again.
Prey. Got to the very last boss but never beat it because I hate how games will have a nice balance and flow throughout, but as soon as you get to the last boss they make it impossibly hard some times. It takes all the joy out of beating the game because you beat the game frustrated and not satisfied.
Quake 4. Same story as Prey. Got to the last boss and gave up... pointless.
Prototype. Meh... got repetitive after a while.
Oblivion. Again, great game... but just can't get myself to complete it.
Deus Ex: Invisible War. ...game sucked.
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines: I absolutely love this game, but during the time of release there was a lot of bugs and I rain across one where I couldn't do the mission and the only way to fix it was to apply a patch that subsequently deleted all my save games so that pissed me off and I haven't gotten myself to play it again because i'm afraid i'll run into the same bug again and be fucked.
Grand Theft Auto 4: I love this game, but I literally am stuck. There are no missions on the map, and I have absolutely no idea what to do or where to go. I have it on 360...
Assassin's Creed 1: Same problem as Grand Theft Auto 4... I have no idea where to go or what to do.
Dead Space: Awesome atmosphere and graphics and gunplay (on PC) but I just can't get myself to finish it. I think it just has to do with the pace and the fact that it doesn't seem scary enough.

eh you must be doing something wrong, i've finished quake 4 on general twice and got through prey in just a few hours, very short game with no replay value except from mods, i always thought that cherokee difficulty was pointless, i mean cmon no health pickups ? now that's unbalanced !

i would add crysis to my list too but i payed only 14 euros so i can't complain much

edit : here's more i didn't pay full price for these titles but still they should be mentioned

fear extraction point : rediculously low framerates due to unoptimized maps(i think), my venice 3800+ and 1900xt were chugging at 1280*960 res !!

splinter cell chaos theory : mouse acceleration with no possible of removing it, total gamebreaker for me

bioshock : got really bored after killing andrew ryan, i mean cmon how long is this game anyway ?

titan quest : hack hack hack slash slash slash, way too repetitive for my taste

operation flashpoint red hammer + resistance expansions : god those 2 were hard, granted i was pretty young (but not impatient i finished ghost recon 1 and rogue spear with no major problems, stuck at the sewers mission in swat3 tho ) at that time but compared to the original campaign ( and most of the official single missions ) their difficulty was just too much, and i was playing on cadet mind you

Last edited:
I got several games like Dragon Age and GTA4 that I "neglected" simply because I picked them up during the Steam sale and haven't got to them yet due to the backlog.

The most significant neglected (abandoned) game I have is The Witcher. I got it over a year ago at full price and played though several chapters, but I couldn't get into the game for some reason. I guess I prefer more of a traditional D&D-type game with looting. I tried to resume my old save recently but I still couldn't get into it.

Fallout 3, Empire: Total War and GTA IV were all bought day one for me, and i've played no more than 5 hours combined. With ME2 sitting on my desk and Bioshock 2 coming I don't see myself playing these soon.

games I've started, but haven't finished

Assassin's Creed - hard for me to get into, gameplay seems very simplistic

Bioshock - hasn't really grabbed for whatever reason, will likely finish eventually

Braid - pretty sure will finish at some point, but prefer playing other games atm

Far Cry - have to battle motion sickness

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - finished Butcher Bay, but stopped playing Dark Athena partially through

Torchlight: pretty sure will not finish; think I was close to the end though

World in Conflict: pretty sure will finish eventually but preferring other games atm

Supreme Commander: got it in D2D $5 sale; have yet to DL it

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Batman Arkham's Asylum, and Stalker: Clear Sky. I have played each of those aside from Stalker about halfway through and then put them aside for some other games. I should go back and finish them.

Dragon Age.
---------------------
The Fade was absolutely boring. Got past it. Entered Castle Redcliff and lost interest.

L4D 2. Aka : Left 4 Dead Redneck Edition
------------------
Boooooorrringg. Same old same old. Horrible Characters. I just wanna punch Nick in the face!.

Mass Effect
----------------------
Good game. I love Sci-Fi. I just can't seem to get past the Citadel. I suppose I get overwhelmed with too many sidequests.

Looking down my Steam list ...

Dragon Age
STALKER Clear Sky
Street Fighter 4
Red Faction Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Audiosurf
Evil Genius
Left 4 Dead 2
Mirrors Edge
Prince of Persia
Serious Sam HD
Torchlight
Trine
Zeno Clash

Games I either need to finish, or never started.

Oblivion

I keep starting it up, looking around and being amazed, and then having no fucking idea what I want to do...

Thats the thing, you can do whatever you want. I like being a treasure hunter.

I still haven't played much of GTA4. I think I'll get around to it when I make my next proc upgrade. Runs pretty sluggishly on this machine.

I also haven't done much with L4D2 after buying it, but I just haven't had time. Mario and Zelda have been occupying all of my gaming time since I bought the Wii.

Back