Got a question for a PC-V1000 Plus II owner.

Ihaveworms

Ukfay Ancerkay
I am going to do a new build around December and have already started looking for a case to put all this in. I first had my eye this little beauty. After looking around on this forum (I think...), I saw someone with this case and they had to drill new holes for the hard-drive cage to make room for SLI 8800 GTXs. Now, I am not sure what video card(s) I am going to get when I do my new build, I just want to make sure I have plenty of room if needed. So I started looking around at another Lian Li case. My friend has one of these, and I wouldn't mind that as my alternative, not like I think of it as 2nd, I like it pretty much as well as the other case. So I believe this will fit the two cards in SLI if I decide to go that route. However, I have seen in reviews that the PSU area is sometimes not large enough. Are you able to remove the side "wall" and the other side of that 2nd hard-drive cage to make room if needed? I have circled the two wall sections so you know what I am talking about.

It has screws, not rivets. Phillips head and five minutes and you will be set.

You might be better off with the PC-V1200 Plus II instead. It's the case I'm planning to use for my upcoming build. It's 10 cm longer than the PC-V1000, which means more space for the video card(s), PSU, and cables. Some of the reviews seem to indicate that there still may not be enough room for exceptionally long power supplies (1 kW+), but the 2nd hard drive cage can still be removed if that's the case.

That is too long for my desk actually. Plus, I think an 8800GTX can fit in the other one too.

Why stop at the psu divider?

lian-li_mod_13.jpg

I have a Lian-Li 6070 PlusII, I have in it.......
850W PCP&C PSU, same length as 1KW model, in other words,huge.
8800GTX in SLI

The bottom card in the 6 series cases is about 1 millimeter (yes, millimeter) from the drive cage, but it will fit if you are patient and route the SATA cables smartly.

I have two hard drives in the cage and they do not interfere with the lower 8800 if they are placed in the top two slots or are placed vertically.

You do need excellent air flow, as the 8800 cards get hot. I have fans in every place allowable plus watercooloing for the CPU.

So, yes you can use your first choice if you plan appropiately. I did drill a 2 inch hole in the lower right of the drive cage to allow me to run cables out of sight, it was very easy to do, which is why I love Lian-Li cases.

Back