Got a I-Ram as a toy

Comte

Gawd
I got a I-RAM as a toy, and I have a couple of questions....

1) Does high or low density memory matter?

2) Has anyone tried it with 2 GB sticks just to see if it would work or not?

Thanks in advance....

Hmmm, I was hoping someone had gotten curious.....I wonder why it would be a limitation unless its a power type problem...

i dont understand why they haven't come out with an 8 slot DDR2 version, seeing how ram is getting cheap!!

I can see size being a problme, but looks to me that if they went to DDR SODIMMS they could add a lot more slots for the size of a 8800GTS. (I.E. a long card).....

Been looking for a son-of-iram product myself. It would be nice to see an 8 socket ddr2 version out there. Heck - they could put it in a couple drive bays for all it mattered, as they are running a SATA cable to it.

I've tried 2GB sticks- not only do they show up as 1024, they are expensive to boot.

No go.

Been looking for a son-of-iram product myself. It would be nice to see an 8 socket ddr2 version out there. Heck - they could put it in a couple drive bays for all it mattered, as they are running a SATA cable to it.

Rumor has it that Gigabyte did release one that is the same size but fits in a 5.25 inch drive bay. I cant find anything substantial on the internet, though....

Rumor has it that Gigabyte did release one that is the same size but fits in a 5.25 inch drive bay. I cant find anything substantial on the internet, though....

I think that was a "to be released" product that never materialized to the general public.

Back