Got a 390x, what do you want to see?

I got my hands on a 390x today for a client. He is letting me play for a day or 2 before he takes it. Anything you guys want me to run?

Pics below in thread.

WtVAHG1.jpg

Last edited:
390x is simply a 290x with 8gb, isn't it? Maybe some tweaking for better efficiency/higher overclocking...

390x is simply a 290x with 8gb, isn't it? Maybe some tweaking for better efficiency/higher overclocking...

Well right now they score way less than the 200 series on benchmarks according to others who ran a few static benchmarks. Which signifies some type of change that may require driver support. But for right now I wouldn't mind seeing some numbers even if they change on Tuesday with a new driver release of some sorts.

The million dollar question is do they support Tonga features.

every kind of benchmark help... but as everyone say.. without drivers its hard... some pics of the board will be fine.. run some games and tell us your experience..

Do you have a 4K TV? Try seeing if it supports HDMI 2.0. Current 290/290X can't do 4K@60 Hz over HDMI

Pics of the box all sides. Pics of the card, remote heatsink and photo the GPU. Just do it.

Would you mind running a small C program? I would like to have the guy/gal with the 390 run this. It's just a simple program to query the GPU for attributes such as number of execution units, OpenGL version etc. and print it to the screen.

If you have Visual Studio installed I can just give you the source to compile and run.

Can you please dump the BIOS? I want to see if we can flash a 290X to a 390X ;-)

Had to run to the store for the wife real quick. I'll be back in 15 min. I've never dumped a bios so I'll need a guide. GpuZ shot coming soon after I get home.

I dont have visual studio installed :(

That's ok. I normally write C in Linux/OSX. I avoid windows normally for C. Either way I got the code to compile for windows.

I just don't know how to get the executable to you. The GPU-Z stuff may be referencing data that's not accurate. So I'm curious about the info when I query the GPU directly.

Last edited:
From the back of the box: "If Mantles is the language then Graphics Core Next (GCN) is the translator connects software to hardware and fully take advantage of performance potential in all and only AMD GPUs."

What? That's just embarrassing.

From the back of the box: "If Mantles is the language then Graphics Core Next (GCN) is the translator connects software to hardware and fully take advantage of performance potential in all and only AMD GPUs."

What? That's just embarrassing.

XFX is from Hong Kong. :)

was there not a CD in the box?

thjose should be the correct drivers.

id like to see Tess performance to see if we got tonga enhancements...

Back