Gorilla Glass repair

VladDracule

[H]ard|Gawd
So after much speculation, ive decided gorilla glass is either a) overhyped
b) inconsistant in their manufacturing.

I have an asus eee slate ep121, and it comes with a wacom digitizer pen.

I have now scratched the LCD twice, once on the original and a second time with a replacement now.

Both times the scratches were caused by the wacom stylus, which means even a simple piece of dust pressed and drawn across can cause a scratch

This is rather annoying the scratches are deep enough to feel with both the stylus and my finger nail, does anyone know how to repair this? i did a google search and only really got rather questionable methods and no updates on the threads regarding it

I would think that any glass repair should do the job, although you might want to double check that said product is conductive or works with a conductive touch display.

I agree about gorilla glass. It's tough and it's scratch resistant, but I cringe every time I see someone wanting to demonstrate it with a set of keys on their brand new phones. The stuff does scratch/break, just not as easy as regular glass

well the keys arent a problem because the hardness of the material used in keys is typically softer than any glass so really its a bogus demo anyways

Back