Gorgeous Footage Makes Me Want to Spend My Money on a Jetpack

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Here is some amazing 4K footage of a man and his jetpack. It looks so pretty that some commentators think it’s been “Photoshopped,” but this is definitely the real deal. While the technology doesn’t seem good enough for us to face off against Nazis yet, it does provide an awesome view.

This gorgeous footage was captured by Tyson Henderson and Carter Hogan using a small army of cameras including the RED Weapon, a GoPro Hero 4, and three camera-carrying drones for all of the aerial shots. Given the jetpack can only fly for four minutes on a full tank, and the crew only had enough gas for about 15 flights, they had to make sure to capture every flight from countless angles. But despite the hardware costing well north of $100,000, how could you not want one after seeing The Rocketeer come to life?

Those personal Jetpacks are really starting to come along nicely , i can see a real world military application soon enough .
4 minutes (maybe more with military grade gear instead of RC Jet engines...) is plenty to get a squad well behind enemy lines during a battle.

What a time to be alive...

Same guys featured on the "White Rabbit Project" race against Tory?

I was about to make a Rocketeer reference but the damn author beat me to it. Somebody call Alan Arkin to make sure this kid doesn't get himself killed.

Get the impression he is on a wire with some degree of maneuverability provided by the jets at best.

If this is really legit, a $200k price tag doesn't actually sound all that unreasonable.

Back