Google’s New Chatbot Won’t Shut Up

HardOCP News

[H] News
Does anyone really use chatbots like this? Siri was fun for about 20 minutes, Microsoft's chatbot was great...but only AFTER it went crazy. Who knows, give it another decade and we might have useful chatbots.

Conversational user interfaces aren’t a new idea; computer scientists have been experimenting with the technology for decades, but they’ve found new life in virtual assistants like Apple’s Siri and chatbot-inhabited messenger apps like Facebook Messenger. When they work well, they can answer questions, schedule meetings, check your bank balance, and even pay your rent. The potential is enormous. But if Siri has ever given you directions to someplace you didn’t ask for, or Echo has told you it couldn’t answer your question, you’re familiar with the challenges.

Anyone remember Eliza? It tried to simulate human conversation 30+ years ago. We've improved since then, but still aren't there.
Combine Eliza with SAM=early Siri.

its difficult enough to talk to people in person.. you know with all the non vocal cues and shit.

Any advanced virtual presence in your home or workspace will be there with some sort of agenda from the makers. No thanks.

I don't see any use for these right now.
I do; it should be installed everywhere. I hope it will keep imbeciles entertained, so they don't keep trying to talk to me, while I'm trying to enjoy some music.

That "was fun for about 20 minutes" may be true for Siri, but just ask heatlesssun. Kitana, Cornea, Cortical, Cortisol, I mean Cortana is really useful. You don't how stupid we look opening up a browser and searching when heatlesssun can just ask Cortana. And it, I mean SHE, reminds heatlesssun of things. Google, Alexa, Siri, et al are useless. Cortana is perfection.

Weird post for someone here a few days. You realize you are being more obnoxious than his often times over the top MS love right?

Back