Google Ventures Founder Bill Maris Quits

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not saying this guy is full of crap but when is the last time you just up and quit your job because "everything is great?" Hell, even the age old "to pursue other opportunities" line would have been better. ;)

Bill Maris, the investor who started Google Ventures, one of the influential tech financiers in Silicon Valley, is departing, as Recode reported earlier today. During his tenure, Maris also dipped into other parts of Google’s world, reportedly helping form Calico, the secretive health operation that sits under Google parent Alphabet.

I have an 11-month-old son and a wife. And I legitimately want to spend more time with them. It’s mission accomplished for me. Eight years is longer than I thought I would spend.

Being bored and wanting to spend time with your kid is a pretty legit reason, especially if you have the money to do it.

Sooo is this a failure? Do not make kids? Stay working 80 hour weeks on google.

I have an 11-month-old son and a wife. And I legitimately want to spend more time with them. It’s mission accomplished for me. Eight years is longer than I thought I would spend.

Being bored and wanting to spend time with your kid is a pretty legit reason, especially if you have the money to do it.

This. If money wasn't an issue I'd quit and spend time with my kids instead too.

Back