Google Unwraps Chrome PCs Too Late for Holidays

HardOCP News

[H] News
Product delays suck. Product delays that cause you to miss the holiday shopping season sucks even worse.

The first laptops powered by Google Inc's Chrome operating system will reach store shelves months later than expected and miss the holiday shopping season as the Internet company fixes software issues.

Missing the holiday season is a drag, but I'd rather they release it stable and ready.

I know what I'm not getting for Christmas.

Why black? Why not chrome?

If it's under $300MRSP, it'll be sweet.

The google laptop comes with 100 Mb per month download allotment from Verizon. The Itunes app along is 3/4 of a months allotment. Thanks Verizon.:rolleyes:

Missing the holiday season is a drag, but I'd rather they release it stable and ready.

What he said.^

Better to have a product that actually works but is delayed a while longer then to have one that's half-assed and incomplete but released early. *cough xbox 360 caugh*

What he said.^

Better to have a product that actually works but is delayed a while longer then to have one that's half-assed and incomplete but released early. *cough xbox 360 caugh*

+1

This is like an internet browser where if you can't use it, you just switch to another. If your OS is unstable, you get :mad:

enough bandwidth for 20-25 minutes of streaming video/month. The 100mb free plan seems more or less pointless for anything other than emergency use.

Yeah... launching a new OS during holiday season prbly isn't even a good idea. You want to slowly put it out there so you can truly test it, first with the enthusiast crowd then with the more and more general public. Iron this OS out before Holiday 2011 and I believe they will be better in the long run.

It's not like it's going to be on sale in January. They are talking the middle of next year. Who cares about right now?

enough bandwidth for 20-25 minutes of streaming video/month. The 100mb free plan seems more or less pointless for anything other than emergency use.

I can't believe the sheer amount of people complaining about free stuff. WTF.

I can't believe the sheer amount of people complaining about free stuff. WTF.

While complaining about free stuff isn't a good idea.. 100 mb really doesn't seem like much. Basic flashless surfing is about all that's good for.

Are there anything on what the OS can do? I don't know much about it. All that is mentioned is surfing the internet.

Most of the time you should be using your home connection or public wifi. The 100mb would mostly be just used in the car, where it's plenty.

They should release it 1/11/11.... or even better 11/11/11.

Holiday, shmoliday.... it will sell since the OS is free (making it a lot cheaper than identical Windows powered setups)

Reviews of Google Chrome OS are pretty dismal. It is a tweaked linux portal to google apps.
start sarcasm/ Woo-fukn-Hoo! /end sarcarsm

It's a marketing ploy by Verizon... they offer 100mb FOR FREE to everyone for 2 years. That costs them hell of a lot of money to implement believe it or not. With android, you have more than 1 option to bypass that..... use your own 3G sim card. Or simply tether your existing cell phone to get free tether.

Really though.... you shouldn't get ANYTHING with this but Verizon is giving it away free for the first laptops released.

Why are you people whining about that? It's a little bit of free wireless broadband for 2 fucking years! FREE.........For free. Free.

If you want more, obviously Verizon has it setup so you can pay them and get unlimited data..... at a price to them of course. This is marketing, and you aren't paying anything for it anyways! WTF lol

They should release it 1/11/11.... or even better 11/11/11.

Holiday, shmoliday.... it will sell since the OS is free (making it a lot cheaper than identical Windows powered setups)

11/11 is something to do with a war ending.

They should release it on May the 16th. Birthday of Louis Nicolas Vauquelin (who discovered chrome) Or 24th of November, when he died.

Is it actually free? Like linux free?

Back