Google Trash Talking Facebook...Again

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another round of "blah, blah, blah....your social network sucks, blah, blah, blah ours is better" has kicked off between Google and Facebook.

Google’s new blunt public talk about Facebook and its purported flaws comes as Facebook is fighting back against a series of complaints from business owners, celebrities and other advertisers over how it distributes their posts. Google would clearly like to divert some of Facebook’s more than $3 billion in annual ad revenue into ads powered by its own social network, Google+. At the same time, Google’s overt criticism of a competitor highlights that it’s the runner up rather than the leader in social — at least at the moment. And it risks pushback from users who remember that Google, like Facebook, has stirred controversy over its plans to take personal information from social networks and leverage it for profit.

Do many people even still use Google+? What's the growth rate?

I don't think I've ever gone there more than a handful of times after starting my G+ account.

I know many people using Google+ personally and I really like the site. It has definitely grown on me and they have made many improvements over the past year.

It's like watching two morbidly obese kids arguing about who's shoes are better for running a marathon. :(

Google+ is so crappy, even worse than facebook and thats saying something since I despise facebook.

The only time I remember Google+ exists is when it comes up in the news..

Do many people even still use Google+? What's the growth rate?

I don't think I've ever gone there more than a handful of times after starting my G+ account.

It's integrated into most Google services, so you'll be using it even if you never go to the actual Google+ page. Stuff like Gmail/Youtube/photos etc. Everytime I post screenshots to photo albums it asks me to share it on a circle, and has Google+ titles to everything.

What sucks about google is they all of a sudden try to show your real name instead of screen name. Happenned to me and I had to go through about three accounts to get back to the screen name.

I guess FaceBook is better for privacy...hard as it is to believe.

Meh, I think Google should just accept that they can't control everything on the internet. They should just be happy that their search engine is #1 on the internet. Yet again I don't care about Facebook either.

Meh, I think Google should just accept that they can't control everything on the internet. They should just be happy that their search engine is #1 on the internet. Yet again I don't care about Facebook either.

Google is very, very patient.

Not being able to opt out of a searchable profile made me put the axe on Google+ very fast.

Back