Google to Debut Display-Equipped AI Speaker Before Holidays

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Amazon is leading the way in smart speakers by a huge margin over Google. Google wants to grab more of this business and coming this fall you'll be able to grab a Google spy in the form of a smart screen if you aren't satisfied with the other tracking that Google conducts. The new screen will use voice commands like the competition and should enable YouTube video viewing. Good luck with that Google.

Google has found that "it could be easier to learn users' behaviors, experiences and data in a more direct way if they could control the end-devices that go into people's homes," said Joey Yen, an analyst at research company IDC. "So that's one of the key reasons that [Google] wants to increase its own hardware presence."

So they openly admit that it could be easier to spy on people more directly if they could control the end-devices that go into people's homes. Sounds logical.

im confused.. i looked through the article but didnt see any mention of a webcam on the device.. to you know.. further improve the customer experience

I wouldn't mind replacing my 10 year old digital photo frame, I might be interested in the price is right and it can act a a digital photo frame using Google Photos...

Back