Google Street View Image of the Day

Oh, come on people! This isn't even a good photochop job. Nothing to see here, move along. On the other note, perhaps this is a picture of a slow news day at [H]. lol

I think the 3,500+ people that have viewed this thread in the last 2 hours would probably disagree with your assessment ;)

But you are right about it being a slow news day...it tends to slow down TWO DAYS before a holiday like Christmas, New Year’s Day and Captain Obvious Day. :D

I must be high but that 'image' certainly looks like a pipe...

It's obviously the flying spaghetti monster, dressed in festive yuletide evergreen camoflague.

As excited as I was for thousands of people to analyze what would finally determined to be a bird dropping, I guess I'll put my money with twig as well. Anticlimax. :(

Some of you were close. This is the beginning of the manifestation that global warming presents with. According to Al Gore............................DOH!

Hmm. looks like space bud:cool:

Prepare for a planet wide smoke out....

after a night of beefy bean burritos i managed to create the same look on the glass floor of the cn tower. ah the joys of canadiana

Wow. The first time I looked at the picture, I was trying to think of what it was: failed rocket launch? bottle rocket? rc plane on fire? Then someone said, "tree branch on the lens," and I looked again: now it quite obviously looks just like a tree branch on the lens. It's amazing how much one's perception of a photograph can change after hearing the opinions of other observers.

I think this poem from my childhood explains it all:

The night was dark,
The moon was green,
Around the corner came the flying turd machine.
A shot was heard,
Then a scream,
A lady was hit by the flying turd machine!

i vote random twig stuck to camera, or a super-imposed twig due to malfunction.

This is what happens when SG-1 opens the hyperspace windows to prevent an enormous asteroid from hitting Earth.

Duh ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=...&ll=42.363907,13.367907&spn=0,359.997589&z=19

Driving around in a condo complex, the all seeing eyes hit some branches. Before complex, no stick turd in the sky, after this point, some images show the stick, some before too in the complex, but all on the main road afterword reveal the stick. I think that is how complete images are rendered on overlapping paths...anyway, either an evergreen or this unknown tree must have been planted by one of the four horsemen of the apocolypse. I did not find when the stick fell off the camera...I leave that to the trained monkies.

Back