Google Pixel 5 Pro

We can also see in the about column that the device is names the Pixel 5 Pro. The leaker also provided information along with the photo that says we get a 6.67″ display which is a big step up from its predecessors 6″ display.

This would be exactly what I want from Google, a large Pixel 5, with hopefully some upgraded internals. How real is this leak?

We can also see in the about column that the device is names the Pixel 5 Pro. The leaker also provided information along with the photo that says we get a 6.67″ display which is a big step up from its predecessors 6″ display.

This would be exactly what I want from Google, a large Pixel 5, with hopefully some upgraded internals. How real is this leak?
TT Tech is pretty reliable, but I haven't seen anyone else confirm this info, yet.

We had rumors even prior to the announcement of the Pixel 5 that Google will launch the true Pixel 5 flagship spring 2021 because Qualcomm can’t deliver an efficient flagship SoC with integrated 5G. So this may be someone jumping the gun. Why these leaked photos so terrible...

Pixel's doing all sorts of weird stuff with names lately and I don't like it.

This phone, if anywhere near accurate, I kinda do like. I really want to know if the Pixel 6 is gonna finally have a new camera sensor.

If anything, it's about time that Google waits to release a flagship when the newer "flagship" processors come out rather than the end of the release cycle right before the new ones come out. Although, Google will probably put a 865 instead of the 888 in it because they make dumb decisions like that.

Probably still going to be a $1000 phone when its all said and done.

If anything, it's about time that Google waits to release a flagship when the newer "flagship" processors come out rather than the end of the release cycle right before the new ones come out. Although, Google will probably put a 865 instead of the 888 in it because they make dumb decisions like that.

Probably still going to be a $1000 phone when its all said and done.

Yeah, it was always a bit annoying having them launch in the fall when the newer SoCs are already 6+ months old and about to be superseded again in less than 6 months as well. I would make much more sense for them to launch in the Spring or summer alongside the Galaxy S series and OP phones that it more directly competes with.

Since I've held out on the Pixel 5 so far despite it still looking like a decent phone overall since the biggest sale I've seen on it was $50 off for BF, I guess I'll hold off to see if anything comes of this phone now. My 2 XL got its last update this month but it's still got good battery life for me and is holding up great for a 3+ year old phone. This is the first phone where I feel like any upgrade I make from it will be pretty superfluous overall as well, but software updates are a priority for me so it's annoying that this phone isn't getting any more. I really don't feel like rooting/ROMing anymore either and having to manually update every month or so for security patches and also hacking functionality back like Google Pay and hoping it never breaks while I'm out since I use it daily.

Back