Google Offers 2GB Drive Space For Completing Security Checkup

HardOCP News

[H] News
This blog post states that, if you complete Google's security checkup, the company will give you an extra 2GB of space on your Google Drive storage plan.

While everything stored in Drive is always encrypted in transit and at rest in Google’s custom-built data centers, this checkup ensures you’re making the most of the 24/7 protection you already get from Google. As our way of saying thanks for completing the checkup by 17 February 2015, we’ll give you a permanent 2 gigabyte bump in your Google Drive storage plan.

I just left gmail and moved to my encrypted 'Proton email' address, so fuck Google!

srKi6tG.jpg

And if you accept the anal probe, too, they will give you even more space for you to put more things they can spy on.

Why not just make another account and get 15GB free again as you need it? Is it really that hard?

Shoot for only 2GB? Pretty sure we're nearing the TB era, yet they give away 2GB??

Google: If you lemme monitor you while you pee we'll give you some Youtube streaming for free.

Everyone: I get to watch Youtubes for free and I only have to install this set of Google cameras and chemical analyzers in my bathrooms? Shut up and take my money...err pee!

I bought a cheap samsung phone a while back and dropbox gave me 50GB of free NSA space.

I'll all set.

It's not a test, and it's not scanning or installing anything. You just verify your information and that's it. Some seriously deranged/paranoid people here.

I pay $2/mo for 100Gb of Google Storage and when I completed the security check I didnt see the increase of 2Gb.
Just a heads up.

Back