Google Now Card Offers Deadpool Piracy Advice

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know for a fact Hollywood is going to use this incident as "proof" Google isn't doing enough to stop piracy.

Millions of users of Android and iOS devices are using Google Now, the personal digital assistant that can respond to questions and offer intelligent recommendations. Surprisingly, however, Google Now recently noted a user's interest in Deadpool and served up a Card linking to a torrent site offering it for download.

I parsed that headline totally wrong. I assumed this was about an advertisement where the character Deadpool is offered advice on how to stop people pirating his movie (this makes sense because the character is aware he is in a comic/movie).

I first loved Google now. Then I started getting Now Cards of things I didn't care for with no way to get rid of them other than to stop the service all together. Never looked back. I also read the article title wrong as others did.

I thought Deadpool was a fictional character...

He's real?

And google's giving him advice?

Google Now Card Offers Deadpool Piracy Advice. Me Know Card Google Not Much. Deadpool Movie Good Google Offer Too Much. Me Keep Track Cannot.

The real crime here is that Google Now offered a shitty telesync torrent, not even a dvdrip. :)

Back