Google Nexus One Avail. Jan 5

BETA.

2[H]4U
http://www.androidguys.com/2009/12/...le-directly-through-google-website-january-5/

$199 unlocked, phone only - no contract. Plus a $100 rebate for having a google account

Here’s the price: $199 unlocked in stores. $100 rebate online if you have an active and old Google account. That $100 rebate is either to buy it $99 online from Google’s online phone store, for using on Android Marketplace or for using on any Google Checkout stores. Can also be used for T-Mobile or AT&T pre-paid Data SIM card service at $29 per month, no contracts required.

Google will push full VOIP usage on these, meaning no voice/sms plans needed at any carrier. Voice calls will go through Google Voice on Data SIM cards and will provide unlimited free voice calling. And SMS is replaced by unlimited free Gtalk.

Finally, Google will provide easy roaming data services in other countries. For example, if you go to Europe, you can roam on HSDPA data networks for the same price of 20€ per month, and if you only stay in Europe for a few days you won’t need to pay for the whole month. You may not even need to change the SIM card.

Even though I don't really need a new phone, for $99 i'm tempted to get one just to try out :D This may be game changing for the cellular market!

One more step before Skyne...er Google takes over the planet. Those details are pretty insane if true.

If only it were true... Agree with Peteman though, no att 3g that I read. Why make such a great phone then hobble it on att's network? VOIP would suck on there. vzw would be a better choice. I really hope the Bravo/passion is worth the wait.

So does unlocked mean it'll work on any carrier in the US? Or just certain carriers?

AT&T and T-Mo at first, then later on there's rumors a CDMA version will be released as well.

HOWEVER, this is all just rumor and conjecture right now. Some reports say AT&T's 3G works, some say it doesn't. IF a CDMA version is released, currently Sprint won't let you activate a non-sprint phone, and Verizon might, but it's very unlikely. Unless Google made a deal with Sprint and Verizon, I honestly don't see a CDMA version as likely, as much as I'd LOVE to have this phone on Sprint.

If this really comes through and supports USA T-Mobile 3G frequencies (or ATT, but I care less about them) I may purchase it for $99 as a secondary to my N900 which should be arriving shortly. I hope my gmail is old enough, I got it through back when gmail was in its invite only phase!

The Jan 5th and reduced price (ie $199 on 2 year contract) are probably true, the rest is bullshit.

Love it when sites post news based on what someone says in comments.

Verizon doesn't use SIM cards though, so it would be impossible, no? Correct me if I'm wrong on this one. I might have to go with T-Mobile on this one ...

P.S. godofdeath there isn't a hard keyboard on the feller, sorry :/ But this is suppose to be one of seven phones to come out, right?

Correct, but the popular speculation is there will be two versions of this phone, GSM and CDMA. Don't expect it to be called the Nexus One if it comes to Verizon, though (and I have my doubts about that name sticking on T-Mobile...).

ah ok theres no keyboard might check it out when it comes out
currently using tmobile and my contract ended

VOIP...
And folks are complaining how much the iPhone users are eating data? Get ready....

And obviously Voice Coverage > Data Coverage, so keep that in mind.

But yea I'd agree this doesn't look that legit.

Last edited:
If the Nexus One is $99-199 at release, count me in! Personal after Christmas gift to myself, check. The phone specs look good and will be on T-Mobile so I have no excuses :D

If the Nexus One is $99-199 at release, count me in! Personal after Christmas gift to myself, check. The phone specs look good and will be on T-Mobile so I have no excuses :D

I already have a Droid but I might get this as well if it goes T-Mobile since their data only plans are very reasonable and my Verizon plan is paid for mostly by work. I don't know how much of a point there is to having both but I love gadgets, hence the [H] membership. ;)

AT&T and T-Mo at first, then later on there's rumors a CDMA version will be released as well.

That CDMA version for verizon would be the Bravo/Dragon/Passion that vzw users have been raving for (myself included) for months...

i hate rumors especially the my customer rep at the store told me...
we should just wait for blogs to post it up and stop rumoring

Yap seems its gonna be a Tmobile 3g phone at least. No VOIP stuffs, no surprise though sounded way too good to be true.

hmm, what do you think the chances are of a true $99 for this. I don't care about voip or data plan prices because I am already locked up with tmo. I just want the phone.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

If only it were true... Agree with Peteman though, no att 3g that I read. Why make such a great phone then hobble it on att's network? VOIP would suck on there. vzw would be a better choice. I really hope the Bravo/passion is worth the wait.

Jesus, their network isn't as bad as people make it out to be on the net. For every person who says a network is great there's another that says it sucks, and that's on any network.

Anyhow, If it truly only supported 1700mhz like Tmobile uses, then it really would be limiting itself, not just in the US but in the rest of the world which typically is in the 1900 to 2100mhz range, and even then 3G for at&t is still available in the 1900mhz range in a lot of places. Why go through the trouble of selling it contract free if only one or two providers in the world use that frequency?

This phone will definitely (barring some kind of huge negative surprise) be replacing my G1. I'm very excited to get my hands on this thing, the vids/photos/articles so far have my interest piqued.

hmm, what do you think the chances are of a true $99 for this. I don't care about voip or data plan prices because I am already locked up with tmo. I just want the phone.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
Little to none. Expect $199 on 2 year contract.

I'm buying it. Oh yes, I am.

If it's $30 data only on VOIP on T-Mo, I'll just forward my main number to my google voice number. Sweet!

Its only 3g on Tmo..Att its edge. Using regular phone plan..not VOIP.
....and its super fast;)

How would you forward your number?

Should be *72 (xxx) xxx-xxxx (replace xxx with phone number you want to forward to...) Might have to call your carrier to permanently set your forward if you want it to automatically forward to a different phone

Same code system for blocking your number from caller ID with *67 or *69 to call last number that called you...

Should be *72 (xxx) xxx-xxxx (replace xxx with phone number you want to forward to...) Might have to call your carrier to permanently set your forward if you want it to automatically forward to a different phone

Same code system for blocking your number from caller ID with *67 or *69 to call last number that called you...

Not specifically. Has to be done through ATT.

Back