Google Maps Pulls Cupcake Calorie Counter After Backlash

Google has no spine and the whole concept of "body-shaming" is ridiculous. Being fat is NOT healthy and NOT good. I don't think we should go around insulting and lashing out at fat people, but to go the other way in extreme, to pretend they are healthy and its perfectly OK to be very overweight is preposterous.

Neo-liberal is a pretty good term I think.

Liberals today are nowhere close to what is now called classic liberalism.
Neoliberal originally meant "Reagan Democrats," or those with liberal social (individual freedom) and conservative economic ideals. So this is another term that gets misused. I would consider myself a neoliberal in this sense.

I just call anyone with PC, SJW and/or Marxist ideals regressives, since they seem to want to take us back to a time before the civil rights movement.

I don't know why people say morbid obesity and arteries filled with cholesterol and a lack of exercise are dangerous. All that "medical" nonsense is just body shaming.

Do you follow the same though process with firefighters? They are always at the scene of a fire, therefore they MUST cause them, sick bastards

High blood pressure damages arterial walls and cholesterol is required for your body to repair them, veins don't suffer blockages. Low cholesterol has an increased risk of mortality. Arteries filled with triglycerides and sugar are dangerous along with most people not exercising.

Do you follow the same though process with firefighters? They are always at the scene of a fire, therefore they MUST cause them, sick bastards

High blood pressure damages arterial walls and cholesterol is required for your body to repair them, veins don't suffer blockages. Low cholesterol has an increased risk of mortality. Arteries filled with triglycerides and sugar are dangerous along with most people not exercising.

I'd say if your house were filled with firefighters, then there's almost certainly a dangerous event taking place. Having high cholesterol may or may not itself be dangerous, but it does at least point to dangerous conditions within your body.

These are not liberals. These are deluded extremist nutjobs. The term "liberal" refers to someone in favor of protecting freedoms. The word liberal is literally defined as pertaining to freedom.

I have heard them referred to as the "Illiberal Left", and that is a term that is more appropriate.

These are not liberals. These are deluded extremist nutjobs. The term "liberal" refers to someone in favor of protecting freedoms. The word liberal is literally defined as pertaining to freedom.

I have heard them referred to as the "Illiberal Left", and that is a term that is more appropriate.

Liberal in basically every country means someone who believes in "liberty" and freedom. As far as etymologies go, in America, Liberal means someone having a "liberal" interpretation of The Constitution. The Constitution is technically not something that gives people rights, it is something that limits the power of the federal government. Because "USA Liberals" have a "liberal" interpretation of The Constitution, this means that they are reinterpreting The Constitution in a way that increases the power of the federal government. In contrast, while "conservative" means many different things in other countries, in the USA, "conservative" is someone who has a "conservative" reading of the constitution which means that type of person wants to significantly limit the power of the federal government.

TLDR: Liberal and Conservative in America is like how the world uses the Metric system and we use something completely unrelated.

Thanks for making my point.

I see you didn't touch upon the transracial issue. Opinions? Two pioneers of the movement - Dolezol & King.

Oh and many who believe in the healthy-at-any-weight don't agree with your assessment that it causes health conditions or that it's in anyway a dysfunction.

Made your point? Might want to brush up on reading comprehension.... Neither of those other examples work as comparisons in this.

And it doesn't matter whether they believe it's unhealthy or not, it's proven already. Just like a smoker believing it isn't harmful, doesn't reduce his chances of getting cancer. Burying your head in the sand won't make a difference.

Fixed that for you!
Maybe that's why men earn more and are likely to get hired over women?
If I knew certain people would complain and get upset more than others i probably wouldn't hire them.

In Canada (or, at least, Ontario) restaurants with more than 20 locations are now required to print calories beside the meals. I'm now surprised that this passed and wasn't challenged as offensive...or was it... :D

In Canada (or, at least, Ontario) restaurants with more than 20 locations are now required to print calories beside the meals. I'm now surprised that this passed and wasn't challenged as offensive...or was it... :D

A lot of restaurants are doing this in the states as well. McDonalds and Dennys have the calorie count printed clearly on the menu and next to the image. Honestly it should just be a requirement at this point.

Back