Google glass for 1500$ ...Anyone in?

Nice to have but in no rush and will probably wait for a more streamlined 2nd generation design where the eye piece doesn't stand out so much. The ideal price point is ~$200 as a phone accessory and ~$400-500 if stand-alone.

I'd think it's priced for developers.

I had considered getting one so I can get a jump start on developing some apps so that I could release them at the glass consumer launch time. It would be simple to make back the $1500 cost with a 99c app or 2 at launch.

Last edited:
I'd think it's priced for developers.

I had considered getting one so I can get a jump start on developing some apps so that I could release them at the glass consumer launch time. It would be simple to back back the $1500 cost with a 99c app or 2 at launch.

IfI knew how to program an app I would be willing to buy right away.Is developing an app difficult as I am sick of poorly made apps on my windows phone.I was interested in research.I am in the Health field and was interested in trying to integrate it into my work.

Good point. If it's for developers then price is a non-issue since it's a probably tax write off.

Well for someone with a software engineering degree I think it's not very difficult. Google Glass is a pretty limited capability device as far as sensors, user input, and screen capability go. Google also has a great API to use via Android which is a very well documented and established development platform.

I was literally about to purchase, until I found out we have a few units that we can test here at work. No one tells me shit! Pretty pumped now. $1,500 is a lot, but we all get those itches where we can't resist.

I can buy four and a bit Oculus Rift DK2s for that price.

Neat technology, and will eventually be ubiquitous, but I'm not buying in at this price.

IfI knew how to program an app I would be willing to buy right away.Is developing an app difficult as I am sick of poorly made apps on my windows phone.I was interested in research.I am in the Health field and was interested in trying to integrate it into my work.

developing a proper app (using the android guidelines, or the google glass guidelines) can be difficult

a lot of apps in the android marketplace are straight ports from apple (so the visual designs/control are completely different).

some apps just don't follow the app lifecycle properly. i'm looking at the NYTimes app in particular. For example, the stack/Activity lifecycle sucks. From the main page, you can enter a specific article. When you go "back", logic/design says you should go back to the main page scrolled to where you were reading . however, in some cases, nytimes app simply reloads the main page and you end up at the top.

I'm sure Google needs some tweaked design patterns for Google Glass.

Bought 2 for the giggles. I honestly make more money just sitting around at home than going to work, but then I'd get bored! o_O

Back