Google Glass Detector Cuts Off Glassholes’ Wi-Fi

And I'm sorry, but assigning your particularized sensitivities and paranoia to "most people" is disingenuous and silly.
Bottom line: If you don't want someone with ANY new piece of tech to be a dick, don't be a dick to them. Glass is no different than ANY other device with a camera on it. The difference is YOUR perception and paranoia.
Do you really want to stick with the "technophobe" argument? I'm in IT. I hang on this forum a lot. I have a plethora of gadgets, and with regard to cameras I have them on my RC vehicles. I have seven on my house. I have a front and rear facing 1080p Mobius dashcam on my car even. I have a helmet cam for my motorcycle too (with bluetooth audio system). New tech is sweet, and cameras are fine!

But I'd never be such a dick as to wear a camera on my forehead all day all up in people's faces and indoor venues and the like, and if I did have a camera on my forehead giving the impression I'm recording people I'm talking to up close all day or go into a public restroom with one, I sure as heck wouldn't act bewildered and confused when someone pushed me out and gave me a lecture about being a douchebag (or worse).

I honestly shouldn't even have to explain this.

Your supposed affinity for technology has nothing to do with an unreasonable paranoia that someone with a camera on their person cares so much about you that they are recording you. And that has nothing to do with the fact that you find it acceptable to physically accost someone because they have a tech device that you don't like. That it's ok to bully someone because of something they are wearing.

As I said: Walk away. Ask not to be recorded. Be polite. But you don't walk up to a grown man and accost him because of his glasses. THat's silly, classless and immature.

I don't think we'll see eye to eye on this (pun intended!) so this is me signing out. The last word is yours.

But you don't walk up to a grown man and accost him because of his glasses.

I don't think many mentally grown men would buy Google Glass. They're the kinds of people that are trying to project an image of themselves to others by wearing a very obvious adornment on their bodies. Men don't physically mature until they're in their like mid to late 20s and if you watch how they drive their cars and what they do for entertainment (like being MMO addicts) you can see that many of them don't mature mentally until a lot later or ever. So those factors make it pretty clear that a lot of people of the male gender who will actually purchase and use Google Glass are ignorant of the social consequences, unaware of or ignorant of the device's use as a spy portal from which Google can collect data (including facial recognition information to use with tech they're already done developing) and will throw aside the idea of being considerate to people around them just to have a certain "look" about them. That's not what a clearly thinking adult would do and while it'd be equally rude to hit or hurt them, asking someone like that politely won't help the situation because that's one of the many responses they're seeking when they make the purchase.

Your supposed affinity for technology has nothing to do with an unreasonable paranoia that someone with a camera on their person cares so much about you that they are recording you.
No, its an assumption that the douche cares so little about me that he wouldn't even ask me first if he could record me, and would likely record everything like a good google drone should.
As I said: Walk away. Ask not to be recorded. Be polite.
As I said: Take it off your face. Ask if you can record first. Be polite. Or suffer the consequences.

Your supposed affinity for technology has nothing to do with an unreasonable paranoia that someone with a camera on their person cares so much about you that they are recording you.

It's not unreasonable and it's not paranoia. That recording can end up anywhere. Suppose someone's had death threats against them from a stalker ex or is in some kind of witness protection program. Then some glasshole records a restaurant setting, and that person's face shows up in the video. Stalker Ex or Mob Hitman finds the video on Youtube, and now knows the whereabouts of this person, and if that's a restaurant the person visits regularly now that person's life is in serious jeopardy - all because some glasshole thinks they should be able to do whatever they want and screw everyone else.

Think this is paranoid and unreasonable? Ask your local law enforcement or talk to the FBI about it sometime, provided you glassholes out there actually give a damn about anything besides your stupid tech fetish.

Back