Google Filed Patent For Injecting A Device Directly Into Your Eyeball

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not saying Google totally wants to place ads directly onto your eyeball, but Google totally wants to place ads directly onto your eyeball. How does this tiny eyeball computer get its power? From an "energy harvesting antenna." :eek:

The planned device injected into the eye contains a number of tiny components: storage, sensors, radio, battery and an electronic lens. The eyeball device gets power wirelessly from an “energy harvesting antenna.” The patent describes what looks like an external device to interface with the eyeball computer. The two will communicate through a radio and the ”interface device” contains the processor to do the necessary computing. According to the patent, the electronic lens would assist in the process of focusing light onto the eye’s retina.

Steve, why do you always make our Alien\Robot overlords sound bad? Embrace the enslavement and it will set your free.......hmmm, well, maybe not

That sounds like it would be a painful and risky surgery. And what would they do if they had to replace the battery?

Embrace the enslavement and it will set your free.......hmmm, well, maybe not

You mean... "Freedom is Slavery"?

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
And I thought it was bad when I used to walk around with a engineer discussing things, and we'd see another one using blue tooth and he'd say "watch out, there's a Borg" :p

Bet Google is in a hurry to beat Facebook for direct-to-brain commercial placements too.

Next step after that will be ads which bypass the prefrontal cortex to make people buy directly without the nagging of always having to think about things at all!

shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
Why does the Gov. allow companies to patent Sci Fi. Unless Google can demo this tech right now how the heck can they be given a patent. Based on this patent... I am going to go through every bad 1960s Sci fi novel and patent warp drives, transporters, and phasers. Cause its only a matter of time before we can build it... and I was the first to file the patent cause it works in my head. This seems like the sort of patent your typical patent troll would run up the pole.

No way in, uh ever. Sigh...I can see so many stupid brainwashed millennials wandering around staring at the wall and bumping into things. Like they aren't already, get off my lawn!

Screens on your eyeballs are the next logical evolution after screens on your glasses. I'd be surprised if in 50 years people did not have full smartphone functionality entirely via implants with no physical device needed.

Screens on your eyeballs are the next logical evolution after screens on your glasses. I'd be surprised if in 50 years people did not have full smartphone functionality entirely via implants with no physical device needed.

The upgrade cycle could be painful! Imagine also that the FBI decides your eyes are evidence and takes them until you can prove they weren't used in a crime!

Sounds like what happened to Scully on the X-Files.........alien implants......robots are going to take over and KILL..........us...............all.

This just reminds me that Apple made them edit that Futurama episode after the first time it aired.

The upgrade cycle could be painful! Imagine also that the FBI decides your eyes are evidence and takes them until you can prove they weren't used in a crime!

Yea, just wait until your entire body is leased from MegaTech Body Inc.

This is truly phase one of the mark of the beast. I am going to patent lead infused contact lenses so these implants can not transmit.
Is this eye chip over clockable or water coolable?

Ya know, fig 1A and 1B look extremely similar to Intraocular lenses currently in my eyeballs (cataract patient)

Is the new patent trolling to make a scifi like patent for when someone eventually builds something?

“I would argue that implanting something in your brain is beyond the creepy line, at least for the moment, until the technology gets better.”
-Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, 2011

Ya know, fig 1A and 1B look extremely similar to Intraocular lenses currently in my eyeballs (cataract patient)

Is the new patent trolling to make a scifi like patent for when someone eventually builds something?

It's the next logical step from Google Glass, right? Maybe they're starting to work on its development now. Creepy to think how they could be testing the iterations though.

“I would argue that implanting something in your brain is beyond the creepy line, at least for the moment, until the technology gets better.”
-Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, 2011

He also said he has no idea how Google got the idea for Android so quickly after the iPhone.

Back