Google Fiber Planned For Irvine, Louisville, and San Diego

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If all goes according to plan, three new cities will be getting a serious boost of speed. I wonder how long I will have to wait for Google Fiber to come to the tri-state area.

Today, we’re inviting three more cities—Irvine, CA, Louisville, KY, and San Diego, CA—to work with us to explore bringing Google Fiber to their communities. Our next step is to begin a joint planning process with city leaders, just as we did when we began working with nine metro areas last year.

i was this so bad. though im happy about my comcast 150 down for under $60 at the moment.

Dear Google, please roll out Google Fiber into Portland before you look at other cities.

All y'all have to do is wire up my apartment, and then you can go elsewhere..... >:D

So close.

I hope they also include the cities around Irvine, as I'm only 5 miles away.

For the love of god come to Miami FL! Comcast just recently added data caps and it's complete bullshit.

I will just be happy when it starts rolling out in Nashville. If you are in these newly announced cities be prepared to wait at least a year.

comcast just rolled out 2gb fiber to the home here in michigan.... its only $300 a month, with a $500 activation fee, and $500 in hardware.

google needs to hurry up and get its ass over here.

i was this so bad. though im happy about my comcast 150 down for under $60 at the moment.

Google drives down competitors pricing. TWC has 325/15 at my house for $65. I believe the national price for this service is significantly higher. Same goes for AT&T gigapower. It's $20-30/mo cheaper in areas with google fiber.

So close.

I hope they also include the cities around Irvine, as I'm only 5 miles away.

Google fiber has been expanding into the various city's/suburbs around Kansas City now that the city is wired up. I wouldn't be surprised if they do this elsewhere as well.

Google fiber has been expanding into the various city's/suburbs around Kansas City now that the city is wired up. I wouldn't be surprised if they do this elsewhere as well.

At the very lease I hope it forces Cox more competitive on pricing.

Dear Google, please roll out Google Fiber into Portland before you look at other cities.

All y'all have to do is wire up my apartment, and then you can go elsewhere..... >:D

I'm still hoping for the burbs of Portland to get it also. We shall see.

I live in Irvine, you could say I'm excited for this. F&%# Cox Cable, their days are numbered.

I live in North County San Diego.. Where in San Diego is this specificed?

I bet it's San Diego city only. If you have U-verse in your area you are likely to get google to compete against them and piggy back off the fiber lines already in place.

Before the KC announcement, here in Springfield, MO we thought we had a shot. If only they would consider us a distant suburb and just bring it on down!

We already have a metro fiber network run by City Utilities, but it's business-only. Still, the infrastructure was already there, Google!

Back