Google Execs Set to Break Ground on $82M Airport

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Many of the top companies have their own private airports, but none of them will come even close to the $82 Million dollar wonder Google is planning to break ground on next month. The futuristic-looking airport within an airport will be financed solely by the three top honchos at Google.

And isn't about 5 million of that taxpayer money they took for jet fuel discounts. . . . .?

Is it just me or is Google going balls deep into everything?

Is it just me or is Google going balls deep into everything?

As of now, I don't see a complete issue of it. They seem to be doing pretty nice things for now, which could change in the future so I'll always be a bit cautious with Google. But it's their money, and they should do what they see fit with it. I heard Google employees are pretty happy with their jobs.

As of now, I don't see a complete issue of it. They seem to be doing pretty nice things for now, which could change in the future so I'll always be a bit cautious with Google. But it's their money, and they should do what they see fit with it. I heard Google employees are pretty happy with their jobs.

I bet NSA workers are happy with their jobs also.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they do nice things. They do their share of bad things. They are in it for money. so if that means tracking your every move, selling everything about you that they can, gathering personal information that they really shouldn't be gathering... As long as it makes them money they will do it.

Google employees get some of the highest pay and last I checked their benefits are pretty good too. Seems like the working environment is pretty nice, I wouldn't put them in the same league as NSA workers.

That said, I know they are in it for the money, which honestly doesn't change much. Every business is in it for the money, but at least the seem to attempt an effort to do something about the Internet. Google Fiber is better than any of the shit offered in this country. That's at least an effort.

Google employees get some of the highest pay and last I checked their benefits are pretty good too. Seems like the working environment is pretty nice, I wouldn't put them in the same league as NSA workers.

That said, I know they are in it for the money, which honestly doesn't change much. Every business is in it for the money, but at least the seem to attempt an effort to do something about the Internet. Google Fiber is better than any of the shit offered in this country. That's at least an effort.

What I meant is that people can do jobs that aren't good (ie spying on people) and still enjoy their jobs. So people being happy with their jobs doesn't relate to how much greatness the company does for the world.

As for Google Fiber. Yes that is a good what they are doing there. Now there is nothing special with what they do are doing technology wise but they are pushing it out. I know what they are using for their equipment, and I also know that many other of the big named companies out there use the exact same stuff for their services. What they are doing though is pushing it to be deployed more at the high end for speed and doing so at a lower cost. Which hopefully will cause some of the other guys out there to get off their butts and start offering such service to more people as there isn't anything stopping them. They have the equipment in place. all they need to do is put fiber in the ground and slap a card into the shelf. It really is that easy for some of them. Some of the other guys using a different brand of equipment it might not be exactly that easy for those guys unless they have a certain model of unit out there. which I do know that some of them do in certain cities. now you don't get as many customers on the shelf when using fiber so they might need to install a few more shelves but that isn't that horrible. But still as long as they stay out of my area, I am happy to see what they are doing.

$82 Million seems cheap for an airport.
Regardless of what the title says they're not building an airport, just a private terminal. Basically a fancy office building, and some airport hangers using the existing airport as the runway.

Must be nice being that rich to be able to finance your own airport terminal

Regardless of what the title says they're not building an airport, just a private terminal. Basically a fancy office building, and some airport hangers using the existing airport as the runway.

Correct, they are adding a few extra terminals to an existing airport. they are sharing with NASA right now and then deal with expire soon.

Wow is every thread turning into an NSA thread?

no, I just brought them up for a quick reference. my intent isn't / wasn't to make them a point in this thread for anything more than a post or two and then it to return to Google.

After the google car, is it the google plane or google copter next? The AI for those things are a lot easier to develop for.

I think a lot of you need to stop being so envious. At least these guys are building something IN the US, which provides jobs and adds new infrastructure.

I think a lot of you need to stop being so envious. At least these guys are building something IN the US, which provides jobs and adds new infrastructure.

Agreed, those fat cats and their corporate jets create a ton of jobs for us working folks. That's more then I can say for Obummer

So um, whats the point of this terminal? Shouldnt these guys be devising ways to AVOID useless physical travel?

To go a little more local my mind also went to "jobs leaving California due to taxes? Not all of them"

Agreed, those fat cats and their corporate jets create a ton of jobs for us working folks. That's more then I can say for Obummer

The funny part is this will not decrease the amount of anger towards Google locally. When buses are being vandalized, people are protesting the new Google Ferry, and now a private terminal at the airport. The gentrification argument apparently is just getting better and better, they just want to make sure the super rich are envious too, because you know, they can't afford a private airport either. Envy not just for poor people anymore!

I was thinking must be nice to have that kind of money and then realized that with the three of them together 85 mil is just a weekend.

Why did Google build offshore servers and a private airport?
Because when the big one hits and California goes into the ocean, they'll still have their CEOs and server farms!

Back