Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes “Internally Viral”

Did you bother reading the article you cited? It's dealing with post-apartheid education in South Africa...you sure you want to use that as an example of a "war on white men?" LOL

I did read it. Did you?

She's bitching about having to read the noted apartheidists Shakespeare, Tennyson et al.

In eight years of university teaching in the United Kingdom and South Africa, I have had to cover works by Malory, Shakespeare, Tennyson, Eliot, Sophocles, Ovid, Homer, Beckett, Joyce, Hopkins, Heaney, Anouilh and … more Shakespeare.

By allowing different voices to step up to the lecture podium, we can begin to push dead white men like William Shakespeare out of the limelight.
LOL right back at you.

Last edited:
It's dealing with post-apartheid education in South Africa...you sure you want to use that as an example of a "war on white men?"

And I'm glad you brought up S. Africa, look what's happening there now.

‘Bury them alive!’: White South Africans fear for their future as horrific farm attacks escalate

The rise in farm attacks has been blamed on increasingly anti-white hate speech, particularly from the ruling African National Congress.

“The average murder ratio per 100,000 or the population in the world is nine, I believe. In South Africa, it is 54. But for the farming community it is 138, which is the highest for any occupation in the world.”

Are you acting deliberately obtuse?

The conversation you brought this up in was talking about the nonsensical claim of a war against white culture in the United States. Even if you're discussing about this occurring globally, why the hell would you be surprised it would happen in post-apartheid South Africa? Were you not alive pre-90s? When you construct arguments like this you appear ignorant of history and context and that's why when you post things people are just going to disregard your argument as stupid.

I have a doctorate degree from UC Irvine and my wife has her master's. You can look up whether UC Irvine is considered a liberal bastion and whether our neurosciences are something that you think might be more "scientific" than this shit you quoted. Generally, I prefer to read well-cited, peer reviewed research which this paper has none and isn't.

Everything you quoted, and the subsequent paragraph claiming boys are more interested in toys and systems, is purely opinion. That's why he doesn't provide a reference, which is essential in scientific discussions. He then makes a ridiculous leap of logic from what toddlers do in their sandboxes to adults in the workplace. Why would you think that's "science" other than the fact that it simply confirms your assumptions? You topping it off with an ad hominem seems fitting.

goalposts.jpg

This paper is worth more then your appeal to authority. But it was written by a PhD in psychology, seems to match your self claimed credentials.

and UC Irvine is the same school that attempted to ban republicans for a year.

Last edited:
Are you acting deliberately obtuse?

The conversation you brought this up in was talking about the nonsensical claim of a war against white culture in the United States. Even if you're discussing about this occurring globally, why the hell would you be surprised it would happen in post-apartheid South Africa? Were you not alive pre-90s? When you construct arguments like this you appear ignorant of history and context and that's why when you post things people are just going to disregard your argument as stupid.

(When your argument is weak, you go to insults. 'Obtuse.' 'Ignorant.' 'Stupid.' But I will not respond in kind.)

Didn't see any claim that the war on white culture was limited to the United States, but it is happening here and throughout the Anglosphere (Canada, UK, S. Africa, Australia), and the same arguments/ideas are employed.

And interesting that what is happening in South Africa, which is not just an anti-white culture movement but full on anti-white genocide, sponsored/encouraged by the ruling political party the ANC, seems to be OK with you because it's payback for apartheid.

But if you want to stick to examples in the US of mainstreaming of anti-white rhetoric, they are plentiful. You haven't responded to the other links I listed. If you want to state that the war on white culture is 'nonsensical,' then you should address these specific examples, Professor. (I've got to go to work now but afterwards I can easily find more).

Conference teaches K-12 educators how to combat ‘whiteness in schools’

Evergreen College 'Black Power'

Yale English students call for end of focus on white male writers (American example of the rejection of scholarship because of 'Dead white men')

How the fuck does a thread mostly about gender roles turns in racism and anti-white whatever?

Or that white woman who claimed she was assaulted by a group of black men...and is now facing charges for filing a false claim.
http://www.heralddemocrat.com/news/...-for-false-claim-that-she-was-kidnapped-raped

Also, I'm having trouble corroborating some of your claims. The closest I can find to your church incident, was an act of arson by a parishioner of said church, and he painted "vote trump" not "kkk" after setting the fire. Pretty sure the reason was to deflect blame, not make people dislike you, but who knows.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/21/us/mississippi-church-fire.html

There was a series of vandalized black churches in Florida in 2014 that involved someone painting "KKK" but I don't think that case was solved. Also, 2014 predates the your time frame.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/11/florida-church-vandalism-kkk/20249191/

There's also (unfortunately) multiple incidents of people carving/painting swastikas on Jewish temples. Do you have a source?
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/synagogue-hate-crime-suspect-was-educated-suburban-accountant/
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/26/nyregion/fourth-universalist-swastika-hate-crime.html

So far, I'm not seeing evidence of a vast conspiracy trying to make America hate conservatives, unless you count Congress spending 6 months trying to force a bill that 80% of Americans did not want. But that's more of a "publicly shooting yourself in the foot" than an actual conspiracy.

https://www.attacksontrumpsupporters.com/

How the fuck does a thread mostly about gender roles turns in racism and anti-white whatever?
The wrapper is largely irrelevant. It's the same social group bitterly opposed to the dismantling of hegemony cycling through their tired arguments.

This paper is worth more then your appeal to authority. But it was written by a PhD in psychology, seems to match your self claimed credentials.

and UC Irvine is the same school that attempted to ban republicans for a year.
You don't understand what an appeal to authority fallacy is so I'll describe it for you:

An appeal to authority occurs when someone claims to be an authority on one subject and then concludes that implies authority in an unrelated subject.

My response was a direct reply to his question of where I obtain my information. It's beyond ridiculous to ask a question and then characterize the direct response as an appeal to authority.

In academic discussions citations are the currency. You can't evaluate his claims without them and the lack of them makes his paper worthless as anything more than mere opinion.

The reason you think it's worth anything is simply because his opinion matches and supports yours--not because it's based on anything approximating "science."

One doesn't even need a basic understanding of psychology to evaluate his claims--basic common sense is enough.

The quoted portion states: "as young as 12 months" implying to people who haven't actually thought about the topic that a 1 year old human brain isn't already well developed and socially imprinted. Have you read any other studies on human development? Have you interacted with a 1 year old boy or girl? Have you not really interacted with expecting parents?

Most of the human brain's development occurs in the first few years of their life. A 1 year old child's brain has already been developing for a full year in society and a significant time in gestation. A vast body of literature already exists about the types of socialization parents do to their developing fetuses (often parents obsess over the gender of their baby, prepare the room before birth, get gender appropriate clothes and toys, speak to their unborn children in gender specific ways) and it becomes especially pertinent during the newborn stage when parents make sure to signal to others whether their child is a boy or a girl (since it's difficult to determine sex of an infant).

Even my wife, who worked in UCI's infant memory and development lab, had difficulty with this during our daughter's development. While she was getting pissed off at her inability to find gender neutral toys (do yourself a favor and walk down a toy aisle next time you're in Target or Walmart so you can see for yourself what I'm describing--legos are right down the middle where blue ones with firetrucks have boys in the pictures and the ones with girls in the pictures are pink with princesses and castles on them. When I was growing up I'm pretty sure legos just had four primary colors and a picture of blocks on the labels), she was also telling everyone that it didn't matter if they wanted to hand down clothes from their daughters or sons...because girls can wear dresses and pants. If we'd had a boy, she wouldn't have dressed him in dresses. Be honest with yourself and think what your reaction was when I wrote that. If you thought to yourself that dressing infant boys in dresses is ridiculous or odd then you can start to recognize how deeply embedded this concept of gender is in Western society and how early we overlay it onto our children. The claim that a 12 month old child is not well developed in this regard is bizarre and can only be made in the context of that opinion piece you're relying so heavily upon. The literature is 180 degree out from his opinion.

In fact, even his own piece doesn't really say what you two think it does. Clearly you haven't read it closely (I suppose in a similar way to him citing an article talking about post-apartheid race relations in support of the existence of a war on white culture) because if you had you would have noticed that his argument is in support of a theory he's building rather than established scientific fact. He divides brain types into three: a "female" brain (and then states that both males and females exhibit this type of brain), a "male" brain (and then states that both males and females exhibit this type of brain, too), and a third "balanced" brain (again, both males and females exhibit this type of brain).

A typology is supposed to classify a type by including a certain subset while excluding the rest and so on. A typology that states, "this is the color blue, but sometimes it includes red; this is the color red, but sometimes it includes blue; and this is the color purple, it often includes blue and red" is a worthless categorization system. When you try and ask for the color blue, the other person is left wondering if you really mean blue blue, blue red, or purple.

I could continue deconstructing his argument but this conversation isn't about you learning, it's about you reaffirming what you believe is true about the world so the effort is wasted.

As for UC Irvine banning Young Republicans from having guest speakers on campus, that wasn't due to their politics. The administration claimed it was due to safety and violation of campus policies. Regardless of whether you believe that, UCI has a long history of quelling student group activities on campus even going so far as arresting and expelling leftist student organizations. You don't have a solid case, I can assure you, but you're welcome to continue barking up that tree. Just know anyone with any kind of historical perspective and knowledge about the political space of Orange County in general and UCI in particular is going to laugh our asses off at anyone trying to characterize it as left leaning.

Reactions: odoe
like this
I mean, we can virtue signal all we want but there's a reason the vast majority of women CHOOSE not to go into STEM fields despite all the gorillions of dollars we spend into initiatives telling them that they need to do so.

It's probably because they realize that spending all day sitting in a chair punching buttons on a crazy box doing silly things is a lot less rewarding than working while making true, honest connections with people.

The fact that less women choosing STEM less leads me to believe that they are in fact much better humans than men.

Reactions: raz-0
like this
Right on, right person for the job regardless of race, religion or gender.
We don't need more affirmative action which is illegal in all senses.
Hire based on intelligence, work history and other compelling factors, nothing else.

The fact that less women choosing STEM less leads me to believe that they are in fact much better humans than men.
Oh they're just as evil.as us if not more, just much better at hiding it ;)

It's probably because they realize that spending all day sitting in a chair punching buttons on a crazy box doing silly things is a lot less rewarding than working while making true, honest connections with people.

This does not compute.

LoL wut!?

Think about what you're saying, some manifesto comes out that basically trashes women at a biological level, and says minorities shouldn't be given opportunities and you think that people are going to equate that with conservatives? So basically what you're saying, is that they are conservative views or at the very least that's how the world views conservatives.

Man talk about going way out to right field on making this all a political thing.

What they don't talk about was the backlash this guy got because all the snowflakes were offended:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...esto-slams-company-for-political-intolerance/

They already fired the guy:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...oint-diversity-manifesto-author-james-damore/

Oh they're just as evil.as us if not more, just much better at hiding it ;)

Or they pull an HRC and their people testifying against her all commit suicide and don't bother burying the body. My favorite one is the guy that shot himself twice in the head. Nobody has that guy's skill!

Female and male brains are different, ergo different behaviors, different strengths, weaknesses, abilities.

An issue whose time has come: Sex/gender influences on nervous system function

"Neuroscience today is at a crossroads. Do we continue the status quo and ignore sex as a biological variable, or do we acknowledge that sex influences the brain at all levels and address the major gaps in knowledge?" asked Dr Eric M Prager, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Neuroscience Research. "The work published in this issue unequivocally concludes that sex matters and that researchers can no longer allow for the over-reliance on male animals and cells, which obscure key differences that might influence clinical studies."

Two minds
The cognitive differences between men and women

The neuroscience literature shows that the human brain is a sex-typed organ with distinct anatomical differences in neural structures and accompanying physiological differences in function, says UC-Irvine professor of neurobiology and behavior Larry Cahill, PhD.

That males and females have hard-wired cognitive and behavioral differences is very hard for some people to believe or accept. For those who do believe this science, it is career threatening for many to talk about. But the science is right there in front of us, and until this type of research is banned or otherwise suppressed, more and more evidence is likely to accumulate.

Where's the pressure to have more women as : active soldiers in war, trash workers, coal miners, police, power line person, truck driver, etc etc dangerous job. Not talking about the exception here and there... there are exceptions in pretty much all human endeavors... Im talking about real pressure to get to the very fair 50% . I genuinely want a future like that, yet no one seems to be worried about the need to do this, to cover those jobs too.

I remember a coworker walking into the boss's office and cussing him out for not doing things the way that he thought it should be done. He was fired. The company we worked for was extremely conservative also. Freedom of speech at the workplace doesn't work so well here in North Carolina as we are a Right to Work state that is extremely religious and conservative.

I am in NC as well and I would think most areas of the country would find cussing your boss out would cause you to get fired. Wouldn't such hostility cause issues in the workplace. Even bosses at my company can get fired for cussing out subordinates since it is threatening and causes a hostile work environment. My experience with the religious types in my area are that they are pacifist. Many are Quakers here and many others are the Andy Griffith types that don't believe in swearing. Then we have the other extreme with ghetto blacks, trailer whites, and non-english speaking hispanics making up the other half. Businesses shut down when they are union in my state and the non-union businesses tend to stick around for some reason. Your guess is as good as mine as to why.

I am in NC as well and I would think most areas of the country would find cussing your boss out would cause you to get fired.

It's an extreme example but his point is spot on. Conservatives are all for allowing employers to terminate whoever they want for any reason. Can't really complain about it in this case, even if it really was ultimately just to appease a bunch of butthurt employees. He stuck his neck out by posting it on the company network and the company decided it violated their code of conduct.

I have a doctorate degree from UC Irvine and my wife has her master's. You can look up whether UC Irvine is considered a liberal bastion and whether our neurosciences are something that you think might be more "scientific" than this shit you quoted. Generally, I prefer to read well-cited, peer reviewed research which this paper has none and isn't.

Everything you quoted, and the subsequent paragraph claiming boys are more interested in toys and systems, is purely opinion. That's why he doesn't provide a reference, which is essential in scientific discussions. He then makes a ridiculous leap of logic from what toddlers do in their sandboxes to adults in the workplace. Why would you think that's "science" other than the fact that it simply confirms your assumptions? You topping it off with an ad hominem seems fitting.

I don't have a dog in the fight with the subject matter of that disagreement. You attacked them first by questioning their education level and then stated yours implying some sort of superiority and acting like the standard ivory tower type. If you have a strong argument in a debate then you do not need to state your education level as it should reveal itself in your responses. Being humble and considerate to others inspires admiration which is far more effective at opening people's minds to opposing viewpoints. Also you should know that just letting people know you attended university in California is going to make most assume you may be a raging leftist after making it through those indoctrination programs covering supposed "white privilege". Which is just veiled anti-white propaganda by the left designed to create a larger racial divide which is in turn used to motivate minority voters and snowflakes to vote and protest when asked. Don't badge me a republican by those statements though. I don't agree with a great deal of republican stances so I can't consider myself one. I am of no political party.

Last edited:
I smell a lawsuit...

...And it looks like I'm probably right!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-google-diversity-idUSKBN1AO088

James Damore, the engineer who wrote the memo, confirmed his dismissal, saying in an email to Reuters on Monday that he had been fired for "perpetuating gender stereotypes".

Damore said he was exploring all possible legal remedies, and that before being fired, he had submitted a charge to the U.S. National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) accusing Google upper management of trying to shame him into silence.

"It's illegal to retaliate against an NLRB charge," he wrote in the email.
Why do I get such a thrill from this kind of drama?

Last edited:
We live in a world where saying that Boys and Girls are different is a fire-able offence...

*sigh*

2+2=5

Though it is true, he probably knew that this was a probable outcome of his writing this memo. It would really be the only way to get all the outraged folks to calm down.

I'm not clicking on that while at work.

Also, doesn't seem like a reputable source. Have a better one?

Where's the pressure to have more women as : active soldiers in war, trash workers, coal miners, police, power line person, truck driver, etc etc dangerous job. Not talking about the exception here and there... there are exceptions in pretty much all human endeavors... Im talking about real pressure to get to the very fair 50% . I genuinely want a future like that, yet no one seems to be worried about the need to do this, to cover those jobs too.

Not paying attention much, eh? Getting women into combat roles (which is the best track towards promotion) has been a push for decades. The DoD finally opened up all positions to women 2 whole years ago.

http://time.com/4134976/pentagon-combat-women/
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/us/politics/combat-military-women-ash-carter.html

Still ongoing today
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/08/08/us/politics/ap-us-training-female-marines.html

We live in a world where saying that Boys and Girls are different is a fire-able offence...

*sigh*

2+2=5

No, he was fired for saying girls can't do computer science very well because "biology" so we should stop actively recruiting them into the field. On top of that, one of his primary "suggestions" was to "reduce empathy". Another former Googler did a much bette job of arguing the stupidity of that:

Essentially, engineering is all about cooperation, collaboration, and empathy for both your colleagues and your customers. If someone told you that engineering was a field where you could get away with not dealing with people or feelings, then I’m very sorry to tell you that you have been lied to. Solitary work is something that only happens at the most junior levels, and even then it’s only possible because someone senior to you — most likely your manager — has been putting in long hours to build up the social structures in your group that let you focus on code.

Because everyone's a f***ing victim these days
. If not misandry then reverse racism. If not that then some other scheme by the illuminati to keep you down. Whatever happened to not getting the job because you (figurative you, not anyone here) suck?

Last edited:
I'm not clicking on that while at work.

Also, doesn't seem like a reputable source. Have a better one?

Not paying attention much, eh? Getting women into combat roles (which is the best track towards promotion) has been a push for decades. The DoD finally opened up all positions to women 2 whole years ago.

http://time.com/4134976/pentagon-combat-women/
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/us/politics/combat-military-women-ash-carter.html

Still ongoing today
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/08/08/us/politics/ap-us-training-female-marines.html

No, he was fired for saying girls can't do computer science very well because "biology" so we should stop actively recruiting them into the field. On top of that, one of his primary "suggestions" was to "reduce empathy". Another former Googler did a much bette job of arguing the stupidity of that:

I guess at some point I will re-read the 'anti-diversity manifesto'

I didn't read anything shocking, or really anti much of anything.. maybe I read something else?!

Good, good on the military I hope that ideal 50% happens soon, yet I doubt its the same incredible push for shitty jobs, is it? honest? the same? for real?.. no, right?

Huh. I must have missed that when I read the memo....

The word recruit doesn't appear in the memo at all. Please quote the section where he says we should stop recruiting women in the field.

Here is the one sentence out of ten pages about empathy.:

De-emphasize empathy.
  • I’ve heard several calls for increased empathy on diversity issues. While I strongly support trying to understand how and why people think the way they do, relying on affective empathy—feeling another’s pain—causes us to focus on anecdotes, favor individuals similar to us, and harbor other irrational and dangerous biases.

So evil..... am I right!? God forbid we actually think about and consider the consequences of these diversity initiatives.

I guess at some point I will re-read the 'anti-diversity manifesto'

I didn't read anything shocking, or really anti much of anything.. maybe I read something else?!

Good, good on the military I hope that ideal 50% happens soon, yet I doubt its the same incredible push for shitty jobs, is it? honest? the same? for real?.. no, right?

The goal isn't a 50% mix of male and female. Not realistic either, since a greater % of females than males fail the physical tests (same requirement for both sexes). The goal is for your sex to not prevent you from being the best soldier or marine you can be. The services prefer, for several reasons, for the branches to look something like the nation it serves, or at least not vastly different from the nation as a whole.

Also, yes, this is a major push in police forces across the country. It makes their job harder when they're not perceived as part of the community because they don't look like the community. Again, that doesn't mean they're lowering standards (though, separate physical requirements for the sexes is still pretty common for police forces).

So evil..... am I right!?

No, the word I used was "stupid". Not just that paragraph, but the whole thing. Again, I point to the already penned rebuttal from someone that actually worked at Google.

Rebuttal to manifesto
A 2nd essay on tolerance in general

Last edited:
No, the word I used was "stupid". Not just that paragraph, but the whole thing. Again, I point to the already penned rebuttal from someone that actually worked at Google.

I prefer to read for myself and come to my own conclusions rather than being told what to think. Thanks for the link though. ;-)

I prefer to read for myself and come to my own conclusions rather than being told what to think. Thanks for the link though. ;-)

I didn't tell you to do anything, other than implicitly telling you not to misquote me.

I would suggest re-skimming the manifesto and questioning the basic assumptions it makes. Because the logic follows from the premises. The problem is the premises, they are false. As such, the argument isn't illogical, it's built on a false foundation.

Then I suggest thinking about how this screed would be received by coworkers this guy views, at best, as exceptions to their race/sex, and at worst subpar workers sitting at the desk that's properly owed to their biological superior. Imagine how that impacts the team.

Last edited:
I didn't tell you to do anything, other than implicitly telling you not to misquote me.

I would suggest re-skimming the manifesto and questioning the basic assumptions it makes. Because the logic follows from the premises. The problem is the premises, they are false. As such, the argument isn't illogical, it's built on a false foundation.

Then I suggest thinking about how this screed would be received by coworkers this guy views, at best, as exceptions to their race/sex, and at worst subpar workers sitting at the desk that's properly owed to their biological superior. Imagine how that impacts the team.

You missed the point entirely.

I suggest you read the memo, think, then come to your own conclusions rather than regurgitating someone else's summary of the document. Your interpretations of what the document contains would seem to indicate that you haven't even read it.

Back