Google Employee behind Anti-Diversity Memo Is “Exploring All Possible Legal Remedies”

If you're just looking at the chart, than you could certainly interpret the data that way. But, it would be better to look at the entire paper/blog/whatever you want to call it. The facts presented are that women are pursuing upper level math courses more than their male counterparts, at least at the high school level.

http://www.aei.org/publication/2016...gh-school-boys-are-better-at-math-than-girls/

This is a recent trend.

And look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_intelligence

Wiki said:
In 2000, researchers Roberto Colom and Francisco J. Abad conducted a large study of 10,475 adults on five IQ tests taken from the Primary Mental Abilities and found negligible or no significant sex differences. The tests conducted were on vocabulary, spatial rotation, verbal fluency and inductive reasoning.[33] Roberto Colom in 2002 found that males' IQs were 3.16 points higher on the WAIS IIItest, but that there was no difference on the general intelligence factor (g) and therefore explained the differences as due to non-g factors such as specific group factors and test specificity.[26]Responding to findings by Richard Lynn in 2002, researchers Roberto Colom and Oscar Garcia Lopez proposed that g factor is the variance of correlation among different IQ tests and not the sum of group scores published by Lynn in his studies.[34] So measuring variance of Colom's study of 4,072 high school graduates, they found that females outperform males on the inductive Primary Mental Abilities reasoning test, males outperform females on the Raven's Progressive Matrices and that there is no difference on the Culture-Fair intelligence test and therefore concluded no difference in general intelligence.[34]

I read his post (at least what I could find) and it didn't seem that bad at all. Go read it before jumping on the SJW band wagon. On background, he was in Harvard’s doctorate program in systems biology before becoming a Google software engineer.

He posited that women (generically speaking) are not biologically pre-disposed towards technology / sciences / aggressiveness, etc. which leads to less competitiveness as compared to their male counterparts.

My takeaway from it is that he's not a women-hating or bashing pig, but rather the typical tech geek (who may be on the autism spectrum) who answers a question with an answer - not taking political correctness into account at all. I've met and known a lot of engineers and scientists that are 'matter of fact' straight shooters like that over the years, very Spock-like in their candor. But people often like to read their own biases into the answer (before even reading the original source material) and start calling everyone a racist or misogynist or whatever

That being said, being employed in certain states (that "at will") and companies, he should have been aware of his own vulnerability, and not be surprised he got canned. If you know you work for a left-leaning SJW company, but you lean right (or just like to speak your mind), you should have the common sense to keep your mouth shut, just do your jerb and cash your checks.

Lol - feminist sexism.

The guy's main argument is men are judge by status so they take higher paying less fulfilling jobs. Women want enjoyable lives so they are willing to take less pay for the same work because less is expected of them. He goes on to point out that this applies to heterosexuals only, because gays..yeah. The idea is that women take lower paying, lower ladder jobs because that is what they want is just insane. He states that four in ten mothers choose to take time away from work, as if that is a choice. He makes the assumption that men and women are offered the same kinds of choices in life. Spoken like a person who has never encountered real world inequalities.

He states in his memo that wage gap is a myth. It's not a myth. On a whole women are paid .79 cents for every dollar a man makes doing the same work. Even for me to have to explain why the memo is full of shit and bad validates it. I should not have to. If there are women only positions so what? Non-white only recruitment so what? It is activly trying to increase diversity. In a perfect world it would not matter - but the world is not perfect. Study after study shows attractive people are offered jobs over more qualified obese people. White men are offered positions over more qualified non-white/non-male candidates. You can't expect everyone to do the right thing, that is why we have laws and guidelines for hiring practices.

At Google, men are 69 percent of the workforce. 80 percent of the tech positions are held by men and 75 percent of the leadership roles are held by men. Men in tech are not having a problem. The problem comes when men cry reverse discrimination. By ignoring a very real sexual harassment issue in the industry and calling it "perceived realty." The problem comes when men only apologize for being sexist assholes when they are caught being sexist assholes. The problem comes when you circulate a memo full of "science" why white men are better than everyone else at a company under investigation for huge pay gaps in gender.

This is evidence that more males take an interest in the subject and thus study it and do better, not evidence that women are less capable at learning and performing well at mathematical subjects.
No it is not. It is evidence that on average, men score better at the math SAT test than women. Why this is the case either requires much deeper research, or is the product of opinion.

I personally stopped using Chrome and Google long ago because of their embrace of radical racist and sexist policies. I use Firefox and Edge as an alternative and use the Bing search engine. I encourage other like minded individuals to do the same...
Mozilla foundation is just as bad.

The interesting thing about threads like these are the left and right leaning opinions that often crop up in them, making it perhaps somewhat easier to gauge individual slants, at least from a stereotypical point of view. The more difficult task though, is trying to figure out who gets stuck in the middle, right smack dab in the center of the asylum, and the impact (if any) all of this has on them.

Mind you, this is in a world where men currently can and do get their panties in a bunch, both rhetorically and literally speaking. Sad and hilarious, at the same time.

Which brings to mind what Adam Sandler once said years before (or was it his mom?): "THEY'RE ALL GOING TO LAUGH AT YOU!!!"

One does have to maintain a sense of humor, you know :)

i was thinking, it'll be pretty hilarious when all this gender madness reach the olympics :p
It won't be long. Transgender men will be competing against women, and women will no longer win any events. They may need to have new categories in sports events for fairness: XY chromosome, XX chromosome, and hodgepodge.

It won't be long. Transgender men will be competing against women, and women will no longer win any events. They may need to have new categories in sports events for fairness: XY chromosome, XX chromosome, and hodgepodge.
The idea that transgendered men will compete against women is just stupid. They might as well allow women on roids to compete, because that would be a fair match.

It is evidence that on average, men score better at the math SAT test than women. Why this is the case either requires much deeper research, or is the product of opinion.
The validity of standardized tests has already been deeply researched and universities have been moving away from using them for years and the tests that are being used have been redesigned. Don't believe me, however, listen to David Coleman instead:
The real question isn’t about why the scores went up or down, but whether or not the results tell us anything valuable about a student’s achievement and abilities. They don’t. [http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/nail-biting-standardized-testing-may-miss-mark-college-students/]

Even David Coleman, president of the College Board, the organization that owns the SAT, has for some time now been bashing his own test and promising that it is going to be substantially rewritten.

The vocabulary portion is silly, he says, because the words are too esoteric for everyday use; the essay is problematic because it doesn’t value accuracy; the math section isn’t focused enough on concepts that matter; and in a recent interview with the New York Times, he said that the newly designed exam will be focused on “things that matter more so that the endless hours students put into practicing for the SAT will be work that’s worth doing.”

What other way to interpret that but to say that now kids are wasting their time with the SAT?

As an interesting footnote, since I noticed someone mentioned James Damore's PhD at Harvard, he listed his PhD as an achievement but didn't actually complete the program. He earned his Master's at Harvard, which means that he was incapable of completing his comprehensive exam. What that means, for those of you who haven't been through a doctoral program, is rather than failing a student out of the program they'll exit you into the workforce.

The idea that transgendered men will compete against women is just stupid. They might as well allow women on roids to compete, because that would be a fair match.
Yes because millions of men are rushing to go on hormones and have their painful sex re-assignment surgery to win a gold medal...

I completely agree, but it's already happening.
Yes because millions of men are rushing to go on hormones and have their painful sex re-assignment surgery to win a gold medal...

It's already starting at lower levels.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/03/female-athletes-crushed-by-women-who-were-once-men/

The issue isn't why they have re-assignment surgery or that it isn't needed to medically help their gender dysphoria, the issue is that their body's growth on testosterone is very different than a woman's who doesn't have those kind of levels of testosterone.

Hence the idea using roids (synthetic hormones) to make the playing field equal to those who have those levels of hormones naturally.

I did notice how you went straight for the argument that i'm implying that men are trying to cheat and take shortcuts (by dressing up as women and claiming to be transgendered). I did nothing of the sort. You are ignoring basic biology. The reason why many sports have women and men in different competing categories is that women cannot compete fairly with men because of very different muscle growth thanks to male biology, especially when it comes to competitions of strength and speed (which is almost all the sports).

So being a biological male naturally producing testosterone is equivalent to a woman on roids.

The issue isn't why they have re-assignment surgery or that it isn't needed to medically help their gender dysphoria, the issue is that their body's growth on testosterone is very different than a woman's who doesn't have those kind of levels of testosterone.

Hence the idea using roids (synthetic hormones) to make the playing field equal to those who have those levels of hormones naturally.

I did notice how you went straight for the argument that i'm implying that men are trying to cheat and take shortcuts (by dressing up as women and claiming to be transgendered). I did nothing of the sort. You are ignoring basic biology. The reason why many sports have women and men in different competing categories is that women cannot compete fairly with men because of very different muscle growth thanks to male biology, especially when it comes to competitions of strength and speed (which is almost all the sports).

So being a biological male naturally producing testosterone is equivalent to a woman on roids.
except part of the testing that goes on is a specific hormone level so a trans woman has to have the hormone level of any other woman competing - Trans folks have to go on hormone therapy for a lifetime - it's not just reassignment surgery and boom your a man or woman - a man going through it would lose muscle mass due to the hormone therapy so the only realy argument is increased lung capacity which i can see as potentially unfair in specific competitions - but I think it would be sport dependant. A trans woman would have no advantage in say, archery or bobsled

i was thinking, it'll be pretty hilarious when all this gender madness reach the olympics :p
Did you watch the 2016 Olympics? There was a pre-surgery transgendered competing in one of the women's track and field events. Didn't win, but was competing at that level.

Guys, archive groebuck's post, please, it is the greatest example going right past deep end there is.
Lol - feminist sexism.

The guy's main argument is men are judge by status so they take higher paying less fulfilling jobs. Women want enjoyable lives so they are willing to take less pay for the same work because less is expected of them. He goes on to point out that this applies to heterosexuals only, because gays..yeah. The idea is that women take lower paying, lower ladder jobs because that is what they want is just insane. He states that four in ten mothers choose to take time away from work, as if that is a choice. He makes the assumption that men and women are offered the same kinds of choices in life. Spoken like a person who has never encountered real world inequalities.

He states in his memo that wage gap is a myth. It's not a myth. On a whole women are paid .79 cents for every dollar a man makes doing the same work. Even for me to have to explain why the memo is full of shit and bad validates it. I should not have to. If there are women only positions so what? Non-white only recruitment so what? It is activly trying to increase diversity. In a perfect world it would not matter - but the world is not perfect. Study after study shows attractive people are offered jobs over more qualified obese people. White men are offered positions over more qualified non-white/non-male candidates. You can't expect everyone to do the right thing, that is why we have laws and guidelines for hiring practices.

At Google, men are 69 percent of the workforce. 80 percent of the tech positions are held by men and 75 percent of the leadership roles are held by men. Men in tech are not having a problem. The problem comes when men cry reverse discrimination. By ignoring a very real sexual harassment issue in the industry and calling it "perceived realty." The problem comes when men only apologize for being sexist assholes when they are caught being sexist assholes. The problem comes when you circulate a memo full of "science" why white men are better than everyone else at a company under investigation for huge pay gaps in gender.
Actually, fuck it, i will do it. Addressing each of retarded points would take too long (the wage gap for the same work one is brilliant on it's own), i've got The International to watch.

The validity of standardized tests has already been deeply researched and universities have been moving away from using them for years and the tests that are being used have been redesigned. Don't believe me, however, listen to David Coleman instead:

As an interesting footnote, since I noticed someone mentioned James Damore's PhD at Harvard, he listed his PhD as an achievement but didn't actually complete the program. He earned his Master's at Harvard, which means that he was incapable of completing his comprehensive exam. What that means, for those of you who haven't been through a doctoral program, is rather than failing a student out of the program they'll exit you into the workforce.
Not necessarily... There are other reasons beside failure for not completing his PhD program. He may have financial problems. Like Bill Gates he may have felt he was already prepared enough to pursue his career goals without the Phd. I can completely understand if he was sickened by the hypocrisy of the PC/SJW culture infecting academia today...

One should not automatically infer he was intellectually incapable of completing his Phd program without more information...

Citing David Coleman as a source does not prove anything other than outlining a single point of view. From my point of view David Colman is a political activist masquerading as a educator. Common Core is an abomination...

Lol - feminist sexism

Wage Gap Counter Argument: Women earn 79 for every dollar men earn. When truly compared for the identical work (not just job title, but hours worked, education, past experience, overtime, etc. ), they the gap is under 5%. You don't have to agree, but do you know the difference between a earning difference and a pay difference? Because the number you quote is based on the total payout and no attempt to normalize based on the above factors is made.

Wage Gap Counter Argument: Women earn 79 for every dollar men earn. When truly compared for the identical work (not just job title, but hours worked, education, past experience, overtime, etc. ), they the gap is under 5%. You don't have to agree, but do you know the difference between a earning difference and a pay difference? Because the number you quote is based on the total payout and no attempt to normalize based on the above factors is made.

You forgot that groebuck put "on a whole" in their intentionally dishonest statement (hello, key trait of "the left" these days), so when you call them out they can either safely backpedal or change the subject entirely.

I didn't say anything about his intellectual capability, you inferred that. I simply pointed out to you and others who have not gone through a doctoral process that a master's is awarded once you don't pass your comprehensive exams--whatever the reason for not passing them. FYI, financial reasons will not prevent someone from completing a doctoral program. No reputable program will push someone out after they advance for financial reasons. Generally, doctoral students don't even pay for their education. We provide numerous stipends for RAs, TAs, and once past advancement there isn't tuition to pay anyway.

I understand a bulk of you haven't pursued your terminal degrees and that's your choice, but please either learn from those of us who have or at least don't argue the points you don't understand about the process.

Regardless, none of what you wrote explains why he lied on his linkedin profile--he does not hold a PhD from Harvard he was merely a doctoral candidate who was unable to complete it and awarded a Master's on the way out. Make of it what you will.

As for your ad hominem against Coleman, the point of the article is that the person in charge of designing and disseminating the SAT declared the methodology faulty. If you want to disregard his opinion that's your prerogative but it's a silly position to take when the person in charge of a test says there are problems with it.

Also, that article was written four years ago. The tests have already been re-designed and normalized as some of us have mentioned previously. Using results from old tests is less than useless. All of the top universities have already moved away from depending on them, which you can verify for your own edification.

Of course, it's all a liberal conspiracy. Harvard is in on it, a liberal indoctrination institution. Why didn't I see that? Oh yeah, I'm part of it, too, because Orange County CA is a liberal bastion in general and UC Irvine is well-known for its leftist policies. Just a big pit of liberalism we are! Of course, if he has a doctorate from Harvard it's evidence of his intellectual acumen, as is his internships at Princeton and MIT. But once its found out that he lied about his background it's actually the case that none of that matters since they're not reputable institutions of higher learning. Hopefully I'm getting your reasoning straight...wouldn't want to malign your coherent processes.

Regardless, none of what you wrote explains why he lied on his linkedin profile--he does not hold a PhD from Harvard he was merely a doctoral candidate who was unable to complete it and awarded a Master's on the way out. Make of it what you will.
I don't really care about his character nor care for character assassinations. He could be a mass murderer, it doesn't make his points any less valid.

So why even address this point?

HAHAHA, ok your absurdity has no bounds.

So degrees matter when someone with them affirms your pre-conceived notions, but are irrelevant when a degree holder contradicts them.

Institutions of higher learning are for liberal indoctrination--except when someone you agree with has attended them.

And the whopper of them all: credibility doesn't matter so long as you agree with the statements being made

HAHAHA, ok your absurdity has no bounds.

So degrees matter when someone with them affirms your pre-conceived notions, but are irrelevant when a degree holder contradicts them.

Institutions of higher learning are for liberal indoctrination--except when someone you agree with has attended them.

And the whopper of them all: credibility doesn't matter so long as you agree with the statements being made
I never said that degrees matter. You might be responding to someone else.

I never said that institutions of higher learning are for liberal indoctrination. However it is safe to say that the political slant of professors definitely do lean towards the liberal side of things.
I can point out college courses which allow students to recieve a degree in social justice. If things were fair and balanced, without a slant, where is the conservative nutjob classes that are equivalent?

4 year stems degree is all the higher learning i needed, so i attended classes, but it was a different time back then. I don't think your single point of view should be considered anything other than anecdotal.

It has nothing to do with agreeing with statements or opinions. I could completely disagree with someone, but still agree that the points they brought up were valid.

The fact that someone has a degree or not has certain amounts of credibility depending on the topic. Exactly which degree do you depend on to be considered credible when it comes to diversity programs at work? Because the only degrees i could think of that would cover that would be better gotten in a clown college.

Sex Discrimination & Work Situations
The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.
The discrimination at google (and many other "progressive" places) is against males, I don't even know how can you claim that with a straight face, that recognizing the discrimination that is happening is discrimination :-D

Just by expressing his "opinion" he fostered a hostile work environment. What woman at google is going to want to work with him? How do you even say you are an equal opportunity employer when you have senior level engineers writing dissertations about how woman are inferior and circulating it publicly?
And you don't understand the text, nowhere did he conclude that women as a group are inferior. And even if it did it should be taken as a compliment by the women who are actually good at it. If someone would tell me that people like me are statistically inferior at my job, that would make me proud because I know I'm good at it despite coming from a group where that is unusual. Or are you suggesting that women are infants who have no self-esteem who must be propped up externally to achieve something?

This is evidence that more males take an interest in the subject and thus study it and do better, not evidence that women are less capable at learning and performing well at mathematical subjects.

It would be more interesting to filter these data by later field of study, but I don't know of any data like that.

Compare the math abilities of women and men who have both taken an interest in and studied mathematics. You know, math majors, computer science majors and engineering majors.
And congratulations, you successfully debunked diversity politics. That's exactly why you can't find 50% women in tech, because they're not interested in it.

I read his post (at least what I could find) and it didn't seem that bad at all. Go read it before jumping on the SJW band wagon. On background, he was in Harvard’s doctorate program in systems biology before becoming a Google software engineer.
I actually think that his essay is extremely polite as far as anti-sjw thinking goes. I don't think there would be a way to express these things any less offensively. There is absolutely nothing hurtful or discriminating or even factually incorrect in it. Everyone up in arms about it either
  1. Didn't read it at all
  2. Only read the summary pushed by media
  3. Read it but didn't interpret it accurately because of their pre-existing biases. (which is ironic since it's mostly about pre-existing biases)
  4. Or worst case scenario read it, but are misrepresenting it on purpose because they have a political agenda

And congratulations, you successfully debunked diversity politics. That's exactly why you can't find 50% women in tech, because they're not interested in it.

I'm not talking about diversity politics or the merits thereof, I'm simply talking about the subject of the thread.

An awful human being suggested that other human beings in his surrounding were biologically inferior to him based solely on their gender, and he was fired for it, which is exactly what you would expect to happen at any company.

Thankfully the bad old days of outright gender, race, etc. bias in the workplace are behind us. You simply can't do this stuff in 2017 and expect to keep your job.

There are many things that can be said regarding the merits of diversity hiring, and even I think it's gone too far on occasion, but the data is solid on this one. Diverse organizations perform better, as diversity of opinion, knowledge and background get fed into their products, resulting in products better suited to the marketplace. There has been lots of research on this topic, and the results really aren't debated anymore in scientific circles. It's settled science.

But that's not really what this story is about.

120369ed-e3b7-451b-8c9b-11cf870e4764

6c242bfe-223e-4815-8dac-5200e8b615d5

I'm not talking about diversity politics or the merits thereof, I'm simply talking about the subject of the thread.

An awful human being suggested that other human beings in his surrounding were biologically inferior to him based solely on their gender, and he was fired for it, which is exactly what you would expect to happen at any company.

Thankfully the bad old days of outright gender, race, etc. bias in the workplace are behind us. You simply can't do this stuff in 2017 and expect to keep your job.

There are many things that can be said regarding the merits of diversity hiring, and even I think it's gone too far on occasion, but the data is solid on this one. Diverse organizations perform better, as diversity of opinion, knowledge and background get fed into their products, resulting in products better suited to the marketplace. There has been lots of research on this topic, and the results really aren't debated anymore in scientific circles. It's settled science.

But that's not really what this story is about.
In your opinion, what makes him awful? Please cite his work in context if you could.

Lol - feminist sexism.

Right, you can quote all the current data you want, it doesn't tell you anything about this experiment that's only just begun.

I mean, just look at how long it's taken for Women to take-over the majority of the votes in this country. They've been solidly in the lead form Reagan onward, but it took 60 years of people telling their daughters they can do great things with their votes.

http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/resources/genderdiff.pdf

A real scientist doesn't draw conclusions when there's no data yet. And this will take 40-60 years to generate real multi-generational results, which is just a decade or two than the amount of time the tech industry took to become male-dominated. His quick-to-judge using existing data tells me that he's no scientist.

AND YES IT COSTS MONEY TO OPEN THOSE DOORS. THESE WELDED_SHUT DOORS DON'T JUST OPEN THEMSELVES. Not to mention consequences are in-order for people who like their male-dominated world, and continue to whine.

There's no intellectual difference between men and women. The only difference is how teens/young adults are turned away from industries that try to keep the club all to themselves (yes, I also think male Nurses have the same issue, but we don't seem to care as much. We can only handle so many fights at a time).

Not being able to fight all your battles at-once shouldn't be an excuse for giving-up entirely. If we did that as our country policy, the US would be a pussy on the world stage.

Last edited:
There has been lots of research on this topic, and the results really aren't debated anymore in scientific circles. It's settled science.
[citations, please]

Diverse organizations perform better, as diversity of opinion, knowledge and background get fed into their products, resulting in products better suited to the marketplace.
Man, the whole topic here is that there is no diversity of opinion and knowledge in those so-called "diverse" organizations. You either agree with the company bias or you get fired, and you have no issues with that at all.

[citations, please]

Man, the whole topic here is that there is no diversity of opinion and knowledge in those so-called "diverse" organizations. You either agree with the company bias or you get fired, and you have no issues with that at all.
According to the reports coming out, there are a lot of people in Google who agree with what he wrote yet they haven't been fired. Therefore apparently Google *does* tolerate diversity of opinion, specifically some of the things he opined about, yet the way he packaged it violated their workplace standards.

According to the reports coming out, there are a lot of people in Google who agree with what he wrote yet they haven't been fired. Therefore apparently Google *does* tolerate diversity of opinion, specifically some of the things he opined about, yet the way he packaged it violated their workplace standards.
How many of these people actually expressed their opinion beyond answering an anonymous survey? And if we're going by a stray interview or two then these interviews do state that they have to keep their opinions to themselves.

Also, that is as inoffensive way of expressing your opinion publicly [within the company] as you can possibly get. If that violates their workplace standards, then it is clear they are not tolerating any disagreement beyond silence. Though, of course, firing only happened because Google are caught up in another public issue over some group suing it over alleged wage gap or something, so this memo story came at very fortunate timing for author, he would probably just be quietly shamed into resigning otherwise in worst case, or got Google to silently adjust in best case.

Who knows...I can only go by what the author himself claimed and that was he had received numerous emails of support and that people were posting on G+ about the topic. Their names were smudged in the articles, but the platform is not anonymous.

As to the offense level of what he wrote, generally the person being offended determines the level not the person doing the offending. You agree with what he wrote a priori so of course you find it inoffensive. Those of us who know the science better found it repulsive in its sheer audacity in lack of academic rigor, regardless of the claims.

Well, as he mentioned in one of his interviews, this document had been around for quite awhile on Google. It's mainly when it went viral when things went wrong.

Also, let's talk about the whole hostile workplace. Apparently the following is acceptable:

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/08/you-are-being-blacklisted-outside-google.png

As for his sources, this wasn't written for a doctorate thesis. It was posted on a board about controversial opinions within google where he was apparently asking for help to clarify his position, and to change his position.

And, I think a lot of the issues many of us have against the whole "diversity" topic is not diversity itself, but the massive false portrayal of the document and it's contents, some, which can be seen even in this thread.

Lol - feminist sexism.

Ok (trying hard not to explain in very colorful language what I think of you based on your post here) I don't think you read his memo at all or you didn't attempt to read it without whatever left-leaning hypocrisy that is instilled in a great number of our youth. He states tendencies of factual real world circumstances. Easiest example is that men tend to be stronger than women. Simple biological fact. However it in no way means that EVERY man is stronger than EVERY woman. I have met many a male that would lose to a slight breeze. If you actually try to understand his view point you would quickly see he is speaking to the underlying issue, Why aren't there more women venturing into the field? He doesn't say they aren't capable in any form be it intelligence, physically or some asinine sexist reason. He touches on TYPICAL behaviors and how they do not parallel ones typical of the field. He even goes so far as to give reasonable ways to combat this, so much so as changing the positions to better suit these traits. He is actually attempting to help fulfill Googles goal by addressing the underlying issue rather than using a quota which has no real benefit in a fair and non-discriminatory work environment. If he were the sexist pig most of you defaming individuals claim, he would have only complained of the practice and whined rather than offer alternative means. He does make the attempt to meet them halfway by acknowledging their efforts as well as commenting on their practices that have created a hostile work environment of oppression.

Just because you have one belief does not mean all others will agree.

I actually think that his essay is extremely polite as far as anti-sjw thinking goes. I don't think there would be a way to express these things any less offensively. There is absolutely nothing hurtful or discriminating or even factually incorrect in it. Everyone up in arms about it either
  1. Didn't read it at all
  2. Only read the summary pushed by media
  3. Read it but didn't interpret it accurately because of their pre-existing biases. (which is ironic since it's mostly about pre-existing biases)
  4. Or worst case scenario read it, but are misrepresenting it on purpose because they have a political agenda
Ok like button is not enough here... is there a LOVED it button.

Back