Google Earth pro for free.. no strings attached. Almost.

B00nie

[H]F Junkie
Google released the Google Earth pro version for free. Or so it seems untill you see that it wants to install 'an updater' program that comes attached to 'new privacy rules' that basically state you're agreeing to install spyware on your computer.

I did a ctrl+f for "rape" and it didnt show anything.

Joking aside there is some odd language in there.

So they're not REALLY installing Spyware... I got the impression that you were installing Google Earth, and getting some third party tag along for free, which isn't the case...

If you use google services, they've probably got all that already...

So they're not REALLY installing Spyware... I got the impression that you were installing Google Earth, and getting some third party tag along for free, which isn't the case...

If you use google services, they've probably got all that already...

No, REALLY Google maps is spyware if/when you have to agree to a privacy statement like that. The automatic updater was also a 'lol wut?' moment. Feels like going back to Win98 times and installing free software off the web lol.

Google Earth. Read the privacy notes: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ they openly tell you they're going to data harvest all your computer use for marketing.

so pretty much the same as Facebook and a million other companies/services.

I would bet good money that the TOS on Google earth, and just Google in general is no different than the TOS of sites/services we use every day..if your that worried about it, turn off your computer and rip the Ethernet jack out of the wall ..oh, and throw your cell phone in the ocean also. ..because most every app on a smartphones spies on your every move 24/7

If you use anything that has a 'Google' label on it, you are giving up your information every time you use it. I figure that with my gmail account and my Chrome browser, they already know about as much as they are going to harvest from me, so adding Google Earth Pro isn't much of a compromise especially when I had the free version installed. I'm not that interesting to company's databases, so my info generally just evokes a big yawn. :D

google said:
"the people who matter most to you online,"

I hate ALL buzzwords, mostly because I'm not one of the people getting paid millions to think this shit up, but I REALLY hate how "matter" has because a buzzword.

"People that matter to you", "things that matter to you", "events that matter most to you."

I can't wait for this buzzword to go away so I can hate new, fresh buzzwords.

I need to stop using Chrome, I guess.

Yea, I've already accepted that Google knows more about me than I do. As long as they don't find my wife's sexy time folder or use my CC without permission I don't care. Welcome to the 21st century.

Everyone who uses the net has a folder with everything you do online and your phone... or as much as they can find which is a lot. Where is the folder? It's on probably more than one hard drive for sure backed up 100 times or more growing all the time.

If a question was asked that went something like this, "What do businesses really want?" The answer is to be inside of your mind knowing your inner thoughts and desires.

Last edited:
Back