Google Duo Is Now Accessible from the Web

cageymaru

Fully [H]
According to reports, Google Duo is now accessible on the web. By heading to the Google Duo website, users should be able to place video and phone calls within their web browser.

There's no tedious setup to get started with Duo on the web--no phone number authentication or QR code scans like with other Google products. You just need to be logged into your Google account. You can, of course, choose to answer Duo calls on your phone instead of the web (you'll get a browser notification if you're logged in).

Eh, I hardly want to talk to people on the phone so why would I want to add video to the mix.

My brother uses Duo to talk to my parents so they can see all their grandkids, etc. Nice to see people instead of just hearing them on occasion. Obviously Skype and Facetime are alternatives depending on the platform.

My brother uses Duo to talk to my parents so they can see all their grandkids, etc. Nice to see people instead of just hearing them on occasion. Obviously Skype and Facetime are alternatives depending on the platform.

I have no siblings, no children and my dad won't even answer an email so this is not something I will use. I also don't have a camera for my desktop.

I have no siblings, no children and my dad won't even answer an email so this is not something I will use. I also don't have a camera for my desktop.

Yeah, a camera is a silly thing to have on a computer. At least one that is not covered in tape :p

I have a microphone, but it remains unplugged unless in active use, just in case.

Yeah, a camera is a silly thing to have on a computer. At least one that is not covered in tape :p

I have a microphone, but it remains unplugged unless in active use, just in case.

Pretty much the same here. Although, my mic input on my laptop is still connected but the laptop is only used on vacations so not much of an issue.

What are these intarwebs chat holes you youngsters speak of? Yell into my ear cone...

Personally, I'm looking forward to finally getting around to trying this in a few years, then have Google mothball it 2 months later.

PASS.
10 people have my number, and i have enough problems when one of them call me once a week.

Last incoming call = 5 days ago
Last outgoing call = February 17
Last social media interaction = never

And "they" say i am the one with problems.

Personally, I'm looking forward to finally getting around to trying this in a few years, then have Google mothball it 2 months later.

Yep it's why I mainly use SMS still.

Folks tried to get me to use Signal but that is hopeless. Instant messaging that sends and receives with a 2-24 hour delay isn't that much use.

Google Chat->Google Hangouts->Google Duo? why do they keep changing names and killing off old versions? just to confuse us?

at first i was thinking.. did google just buy DUO.. and feeling sad

then finally realized it has nothing to do with DUO

confusing name

According to reports, Google Duo is now accessible on the web. By heading to the Google Duo website, users should be able to place video and phone calls within their web browser.

There's no tedious setup to get started with Duo on the web--no phone number authentication or QR code scans like with other Google products. You just need to be logged into your Google account. You can, of course, choose to answer Duo calls on your phone instead of the web (you'll get a browser notification if you're logged in).

Soon as I said I'm new to Duo the first thing it did was asked me to authenticate via SMS to my phone. :rolleyes:

Back