Google Desktop 2.0

Komataguri

2[H]4U
Anyone using this?

ITs a pretty nifty little doodad, however I'm annoyed that can only be docked on the left or right, and can not be left floating on your desktop behind other windows.

I like it, with one small complaint. It can't provide me with Canadian weather, which is annoying.

SirKenin said:
I like it, with one small complaint. It can't provide me with Canadian weather, which is annoying.

It seems to be a resource hog, to.

My entire system was seriously bogged until closed it.

SirKenin said:
Sure it can, I'm looking at the weather for London, ON right now.

My major 3 complaints about it are.

1) Bogs my system down. Wihch is suprising.

2) You can't dock it horizontally.

3) You cant have it, either horizontal, or vertical, just floating BEHIND windows. It has to be docked and steal precious desktop space...and make maximized windows forced into odd aspect ratios.

Komataguri said:
1) Bogs my system down. Wihch is suprising.
Aha! But that's because it's actually indexing. Once it has finished I bet that will smoothen out.

hugo said:
Aha! But that's because it's actually indexing. Once it has finished I bet that will smoothen out.

I'm not that stupid :p

It was bogging long after it indexed :p

It was bogging long after it indexed.

That was actually one of my gripes with v1.0. I had noticed that occasionally, it would take up a large amount of CPU, which caused things to slow down. That was rather irritating, so when I reformatted a couple months back I didn't install it :(

I don't notice it taking up any system resources at all, save for 14k of memory or so. I have plenty to go around though.

You can also make it autohide when you're not using it, just like the taskbar. That's a nice feature. I just drag it onto my second monitor and leave it though.

Elmo187 said:
Just went into the options and added my postal code.
Doesn't work for me. It says the zipcode or city/state is invalid.

Back