Google Assistant Is Now Bilingual and New Smart Home Devices Are Available

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Google Assistant functionality has been expanded to cater to bilingual families. From now on a consumer will be able to choose from two languages and freely switch between both while conversing with new smart devices. Many new manufacturers have announced smart devices that will feature Google Assistant functionality including thermostats, lighting, home security, and even appliances such as vacuums. Of course Android will get the bi-makeover also.

You can now speak two languages interchangeably with your Google Assistant. If it's easier to make plans in English, ask, "Hey Google, what's the weather like today?" If you're craving tunes from your favorite German hip hop band, just ask "Hey Google, spiele die fantastischen vier." Currently, your Google Assistant can understand any pair within English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese.

I already have a smart phone and try to block ads at my firewall. I don’t need more botnet devices.

does bilingual mean Jive, common black folks (what the fuck are they saying slang, etc) vs. New Yorkers?

Well this is great.
Now I can speak any of the languages I know to it :D
But imho the japanese is by far the best language to use with it, it seems to pick up commands soo much easier :)

However Japanese and search results for Norwegian or English pages is a bit.. non working :p

It just means Jeff Bezos can use his echos to spy on his servants at home.

This is great, if I ever have a corporate surveillance device in my home it will be able to spy on us whether it's me speaking English or my wife speaking American.

does bilingual mean Jive, common black folks (what the fuck are they saying slang, etc) vs. New Yorkers?

She is their lead linguistics programmer.

jive.jpg

This is great news! Google can now spy on you in your home regardless of what language you speak.

Where I live this is a must for market penetration. I'd be happy to get a device that can translate Spanglish for me now as I have difficultly learning new spoken languages.

Back