Google and Android have lost it

nb14

Weaksauce
Google have gone the wrong route with both android and the Nexus line IMO.

So many things to talk about that im disappointed about but these are just two.

1. The colour options are just ridiculous, and they have been for years.White back and black front? The panda look is hideous. Why no Gold option worldwide at launch? Its so simple.

2. No real multitasking (side by side windows), especially on the new Pixel tablet, i mean this is an essential.

I feel like Google has wasted the last two years of andoird development, without much happening.

1. The colour options are just ridiculous, and they have been for years.White back and black front? The panda look is hideous. Why no Gold option worldwide at launch? Its so simple.

2. No real multitasking (side by side windows), especially on the new Pixel tablet, i mean this is an essential.

I feel like Google has wasted the last two years of andoird development, without much happening.

1. Nexus 5's white option is exactly the same, so that's not new.

2. This is an underlying limitation of Android that would require a lot of work to change. Getting it done properly would require major architectural changes. This is why Samsung's split screen implementation is so buggy.

Thou shalt not have a true multi-tasking user experience (at the presentation level) in a non-desktop form factor.

Ever.

:D

There's a certain irony when an iPad mini 4 can do side-by-side multitasking, but a flagship Android tablet can't.

The Pixel C still looks like a fine tablet if you're willing to accept that limitation. It's just an illustration of why multi-window hasn't been an OS-level feature on mobile tablets until the iPad -- making it really work (as opposed to Samsung's mostly-works solution) requires deep integration and a broadly supported, easy-to-use framework.

I will say that the camera performance on the Nexus 5X and 6P is promising. And I won't lie: I kinda want that mint-colored 5X.

I'm cool with both those "problems." I like all black/dark phones and have never cared to do split screen/windows on my Android phones or tabs, even on Samsung tabs that added it in. Plus there's always apps that fill that void and work well if need be.

Thou shalt not have a true multi-tasking user experience (at the presentation level) in a non-desktop form factor.

Ever.

:D

Blackberry 10 has it (2 years ago), and it's great, well, if you don't need google play services :eek:

There's a certain irony when an iPad mini 4 can do side-by-side multitasking, but a flagship Android tablet can't.

Sure Google will flip on the feature when it's good and ready unlike the half ass limited split view gimmick on iOS 9 on two shipping devices.

Was checking out the iPad Mini 4 as a possible replacement for my iPad 2 but the washed out display is a POS and iOS 9 is laggy and buggy. Can't even do something as simple as displaying a web page without it spitting out gibberish. I applause Apple though for the terrific marketing selling these high margin half ass products to dumbsumers.

20150926_204858_zpsqjqepxxm.jpg

How to make a Mi7chy post:

1- Pick a product you have an agenda against.
2- Claim that you are interested in purchasing the product, even though your posts are so biased against it, you are labeled as a shill for a competing company.
3- Turn down the brightness on the display of said device.
4- Make sure you take the worst picture possible, including a giant light reflection on the display.
5- Pretend that your bad picture and manually lowered display brightness were the devices issue.
6- For added effect, find a webpage that is having loading issues on their server and claim that it's a local problem on the device.
7- Make general accusations of device features being buggy with no sources. (Make sure you don't mention your preferred device because it might be the buggiest and most hated software in the industry).
8- ?????????????
9- Moto G.

Sure Google will flip on the feature when it's good and ready unlike the half ass limited split view gimmick on iOS 9 on two shipping devices.

Was checking out the iPad Mini 4 as a possible replacement for my iPad 2 but the washed out display is a POS and iOS 9 is laggy and buggy. Can't even do something as simple as displaying a web page without it spitting out gibberish. I applause Apple though for the terrific marketing selling these high margin half ass products to dumbsumers.

*snip*

Draws perfectly fine in iOS 9 on my original iPad Air. If you're going to lie and exaggerate, you should at least make sure people can't debunk your claims with a quick screenshot. And I've seen the iPad mini 4's display in person... it's just dandy.

Tx3vLNe.jpg

Would've preferred iPad Mini 4 with A9 or at least A8X and at least iPad Air 2 level display. Too bad Phil Schiller lied on stage about it being the same as iPad Air 2 but smaller. Original iPad Air isn't a consideration since it's a DRAM deficient reloading POS and doesn't full support iOS 9 features. And, iPad Air 2 has display distortion from holding the back and speaker vibration defects and the A8X is slower than A9 in iPhone 6S. iPad Prosumer will be the only decent non-dumbsumer iPad but at that price I'd probably get the Surface Pro 4 instead.

2- Claim that you are interested in purchasing the product, even though your posts are so biased against it, you are labeled as a shill for a competing company.
4- Make sure you take the worst picture possible, including a giant light reflection on the display.
5- Pretend that your bad picture and manually lowered display brightness were the devices issue.
6- For added effect, find a webpage that is having loading issues on their server and claim that it's a local problem on the device.
7- Make general accusations of device features being buggy with no sources. (Make sure you don't mention your preferred device because it might be the buggiest and most hated software in the industry).
8- ?????????????
9- Moto G.

This....is....GENIUS!!! :D

Pretty much this for every single post that he wrote.

8- ?????????????
9- Moto G.

Lol, spot on. 9 should have Samsung too though.

8- ?????????????
9- Moto G.
You forget:
A) deny Foxconn/Honhai isn't an electronics manufacturer
B) suggest that the only electronic component of any electronics is the CPU/SoC
C) claim Taiwan is communist
D) say that Sprint isn't a CDMA carrier

Folks, let's get this thread back on track, please: the consensus here (well, except for one person) is that the Pixel C feels a bit undercooked because of Android's lack of native side-by-side multitasking, and that you're better off getting either an iPad or a Surface unless you're really big on Android Marshmallow.

You guys forgot one:

- HTC is a POS (they aren't BK yet?)

Surprised someone paid me $90 for my POS HTC Thunderbolt but probably because it's bootloader unlocked and rooted for free WIFI tether.

You guys forgot one:

- HTC is a POS (they aren't BK yet?)

Surprised someone paid me $90 for my POS HTC Thunderbolt but probably because it's bootloader unlocked and rooted for free WIFI tether.

With exception to the developers edition m8 that I had a very good experience with, I think we found something we can agree on. :D

And back on subject I think the new tablets aren't bad if you buy them with that expectation. If I needed split screen or deeper functionality I would go for a surface pro 4 too. For $500 and me being a stock android kind of guy, I think they could have done worse.

You forget:
A) deny Foxconn/Honhai isn't an electronics manufacturer
B) suggest that the only electronic component of any electronics is the CPU/SoC
C) claim Taiwan is communist
D) say that Sprint isn't a CDMA carrier

Listen dude... don't start. Every single one of YOUR posts could be broken down the same way.You and him are two turds from the same bowl.

The whole mobile world hasn't progressed much in the past year or two. In terms of software, there are some cases where it's clearly regressed.

Who wants a Lollipop?

Listen dude... don't start. Every single one of YOUR posts could be broken down the same way.You and him are two turds from the same bowl.
I actually want you to take a moment here and actually prove this. Other than not being anti-any-company, I have no idea what your beef is with me.

Google continues the trend if seeking awesome hardware with shitty software.

Wat? Gold phones are fucking obnoxious

1. you lost all credibility in posting.

2. have working side by side windows on my G4... Used it once to see how it works & never used it again...

3. k thx bai

Alright, i may have been a bit quick posting this. I have gone back and looked over what google has shown us and its not as bad as i first thought. I really wanted touch ID in last years Nexus and felt like the Nexus 6 was a big let down.

I still stand by the fact that the Pixel Tablet should have side by side window multitasking

Alright, i may have been a bit quick posting this. I have gone back and looked over what google has shown us and its not as bad as i first thought. I really wanted touch ID in last years Nexus and felt like the Nexus 6 was a big let down.

I still stand by the fact that the Pixel Tablet should have side by side window multitasking

They are working on multitasking. It isn't quite ready yet unfortunately. In some of the early preview builds of Marshmallow you could enable multitasking. It will probably come in an update to Marshmallow or the next version of Android. They just want to get it right.

20150926_204858_zpsqjqepxxm.jpg

Wait wait wait, so when your beloved google flips on a feature when its good and ready, thats okay, but Apple takes 8 years to add lowercase letters to the keyboard and thats a deal breaker?

Keep being you, brah. Its good for soul.

So much hate in this thread.

I'm right in expecting Google to have try side-by-sdie multitasking ready by now, people have been asking for it for a long time and it has been a logical step for along time.

They should have more colour option available, its not that hard to do!

The next big android update will be telling on the future of android. Current Marshmallow has brought android to where it should have been last year IMO. Hopefully alot of development in the works for the near future.

TL;DR something-something Android and Google have totally lost it because no "gold option". lmao.

backbutton

Wait wait wait, so when your beloved google flips on a feature when its good and ready, thats okay, but Apple takes 8 years to add lowercase letters to the keyboard and thats a deal breaker?

Do you know what's involved to make the keys show lower/upper case vs proper multitasking that includes background multitasking that iOS lacks? A child can code up the former in 5 minutes.

Do you know what's involved to make the keys show lower/upper case vs proper multitasking that includes background multitasking that iOS lacks? A child can code up the former in 5 minutes.

http://youtu.be/vn_PSJsl0LQ

Seriously though, what I said still stands. You'll defend something taking forever if it's on android, but god forbid Apple take that long. I'm curious what your thoughts are on things that the iPhone 6S has that android doesn't. I'm sure you have a perfect reason as to why it's okay android doesn't have it.

It has taken Samsung years to finally get that to work without lagging like a mofo. Heck, that app viewer was still laggy on the Note 4. But we don't care about that, we would rather have lag and some barely useful feature!

I'm right in expecting Google to have try side-by-sdie multitasking ready by now, people have been asking for it for a long time and it has been a logical step for along time.

This is a must have feature in expensive tablets that are being marketed as productivity devices.

Back