Goodbye HardOCP - Hello Intel

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by FrgMstr, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cmdrmonkey

Cmdrmonkey Gawd

So it wasn't a prank.

Good luck at intel Kyle. I've really enjoyed this site and bought some great products that served me very well based on your reviews and recommendations.

FrgMstr likes this.
  2. Link

Link Gawd

After all, all good things must come to an end.

FrgMstr likes this.
  3. Vader1975

Vader1975 Gawd

Out of curiosity did you have to move for this job?

FrgMstr likes this.
  4. Thorax

Thorax Limp Gawd

I find that a strange way to beg for a reach around

:)

Spartacus and FrgMstr like this.
  5. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

I have already been prepping myself mentally for that too.

alxlwson, J3RK, FM_Fixxxer and 6 others like this.
  6. TorxT3D

TorxT3D Gawd

damn, its april 2nd and no statement retract? oh man.. congrats though, we all gotta grow and change some day.

Scottw and FrgMstr like this.
  7. prime2515102

prime2515102 [H]ard|Gawd

I'm actually using a GS right now. I had an XT but i'm not sure what happened to it.

FrgMstr likes this.
  8. TheRealEpicengr

TheRealEpicengr n00b

So what is my vintage [H]ardOCP Ratzpad worth now? I'm sure the value just went up.

FrgMstr and erexx like this.
  9. STEM

STEM Gawd

Actually I'll happily take the current speeds if they can price match AMD :p

Lateralus and FrgMstr like this.
  10. Arikirah

Arikirah n00b

Well, I finally made an account just so I could post in this thread.

I've been coming to HardOCP on a daily basis for the past 15 years or so. I built my first computer 8 years ago based largely off of information and reviews from you guys here. It was a nice 2500k build which is still chugging along today. I'm going to greatly miss visiting HardOCP and reading up on news whether while walkng up, taking breaks from work, or just while watching TV.

You and the community at HardOCP have had a large impact on countless people's lives, and I wish you nothing but success on your new adventure at Intel

hurleybird, IKV1476, DejaWiz and 2 others like this.
  11. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

Best of luck Kyle. Thanks for all the great articles and the awesome forum.

FrgMstr likes this.
  12. Edgar

Edgar 2[H]4U

Uhhhh damn it. I honestly thought it was an April fools joke. Good luck to you Kyle. Hope it all works out well.

FrgMstr likes this.
  13. Grimlaking

Grimlaking 2[H]4U

Kyle is going from running his own company and having a say in every facet of what happens, to being a cog in the wheel of a multinational company. Outside of his limited scope his ideas and innovative trial plans will fall on otherwise deaf ears that will give a polite nod then promptly delete or 'file' said ideas. Though not in every case.

Hopefully the income is there to offset the reduced responsibility. Really for Steve I see this as more of a sabbatical rather than a retirement. I'm fairly sure he will get some time in at Intel before feeling restricted and coming back to the H hopefully with a new nest egg and retirement benefits filled out so he can relax and enjoy running the H as a side business that doesn't have to sustain him and his family.

I can say this. Working for Intel means he has access to a world of benefits and perks he didn't have running his own company. And living in the US those medical benefits are a HUGE deal. And Steve is getting up in years. This may just save him having to bankrupt himself for medical needs as he gets older. A fiscally wise move.

14. mr_zen256

mr_zen256 2[H]4U

As the cold dark reality this wasn't some sick demented April Fools joke seeped in, I've come to the realization there literally is no other tech news site that compares to the [H]. It was utterly unique in that the content didn't just cover consumer and enterprise electronics. The [H] provided such a diverse range of tech topics from the aforementioned electronics to medical tech, aeronautic and space tech, military tech, robotics, gaming and software, and so much more! I have found no other site that offers such a dynamic range of content, including the always incredibly comprehensive hardware reviews that really set the industry standard in quality.

I have tried finding another tech site that could offer the same eclectic mix of tech news, reviews and community but have failed. I am crushed about this news...

Take care and best of luck in your future endeavors, Kyle.

Shadowed, FrgMstr, pendragon1 and 3 others like this.
  15. 5150Joker

5150Joker 2[H]4U

I think you may need to see a doctor because you switched from calling him Kyle to Steve.

primetime and scojer like this.
  16. Kalabalana

Kalabalana [H]ard|Gawd

Hey if you need to get rid of any hardware let me know...
    Cough RTX cough

17. Grimlaking

Grimlaking 2[H]4U

DOH yea I totally did my bad.

18. {NG}Fidel

{NG}Fidel [H]ardness Supreme

End of days is upon us

Wade88 likes this.
  19. Lich King

Lich King n00b

So does this mean this site will shutdown? Or no more news feeds from the main page?

20. TheRagnarok

TheRagnarok n00b

Whelp, TechPowerup and HardOCP are my daily go-to's for tech news.
    My daily routine will have to change! GL and have fun!

21. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

is Genmay still around?...are the old mods sticking around the forums?...who's the company that Kyle sold the forums to?...

22. Nobu

Nobu 2[H]4U

Yes, yes, the boogieman.

23. Scottw

Scottw Limp Gawd

April 2nd and no change... well then. I've been around since before my messageboard account date. It's been fun you all. Best of luck Kyle.

24. STEM

STEM Gawd

Anyone remember this?

FrgMstr likes this.
  25. stryder2720

stryder2720 [H]ardness Supreme

Hell yea, Kyle! Go get'em!

FrgMstr likes this.
  26. bobzdar

bobzdar [H]ard|Gawd

Good luck Kyle, I've been here since very nearly the beginning (before the forum crash in the early 2000s), I'll miss it and all of the good work you guys did over the years. It's a sad day, but I applaud taking the lesser traveled road and not selling (out) the site like so many others did when they decided to move on. Some of them are good sites still but once Tom and Anand left their sites they were never the same and others disappeared completely. Luckily there are other good sources out there, but I always felt, for me, [H] had the final word. That was largely down to your final say, and without that it wouldn't quite be the same even though the other contributors on here did a great job.

FrgMstr likes this.
  27. eldertru

eldertru Limp Gawd

upload_2019-4-2_19-27-15.png

/sigh... it was the only one on the list worth going to -- soon it'll be replaced with [H]ardMothBalls

Thanks again for the ride. it was just yesterday I was doing my pencil trick on the Tbirds. Best of Luck to the Hardocp staff.

ChadD, eclypse and FrgMstr like this.
  28. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

im a little insulted that WTFTech is above the [H]...

29. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

Goddamnit fucking goat cock, well I see it wasn't a hoax, cocksmoking cunt asshole. Even though the FP is gone, cum guzzling queen, dick licking pole greaser, the [H]Forum is still open for business. The only tech forum I can let my Tourette's needledick bugfucker out and not get banned.

Happy trails Kyle.

scojer, coynatha, c3k and 3 others like this.
  30. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

AC285855-0714-47FE-B2E6-7E73A83EE061.gif

fuzzylogik, alxlwson, c3k and 10 others like this.
  31. Malecoda

Malecoda Limp Gawd

I just wonder how long it is going to take before I stop instinctively checking the site. How long does this condition last?

coynatha, Shadowed and FrgMstr like this.
  32. Dman014

Dman014 [H]Lite

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:cry:

I have been coming to this site since I was in middle school 99/2000 .... I.... Don't know what I'm going to do. It took me a week just to post this, just in shock.

I am getting old, everything is changing.

eclypse, Shadowed, PerfectCr and 2 others like this.
  33. PerfectCr

PerfectCr Gawd

End of an era. I'm gonna miss it. Shame [H]OCP news can't stay up and running somehow.

pendragon1 likes this.
  34. eclypse

eclypse 2[H]4U

[H]ard for life! Probably my first forum ever and I've been around since 94-95 and my last forum... lifer!

35. PoTTeR83

PoTTeR83 Limp Gawd

Man this is the only site I've visited on a regular basis for probably about 15 years. Gonna miss it. Good luck and have fun Kyle!

36. Phaethar

Phaethar [H]Lite

I'd been holding out hope that it was all a cruel April Fool's joke. Alas, that was not to be.

Like many others, I've been visiting this site almost since the beginning. Every build I've done going back to 1999 has involved advice and research that started here. Lots of forum lurking as well (see my huge post count). I remember following along these forums about 9/11 as it was happening here in General Mayhem before it was spun off. I've OC'd every system I've built in some way, and it's all started here. It's been my homepage for years, and something I've read nearly every day for a long time now. It really is the end of an era.

Best of luck in the future Kyle!

pendragon1 and FrgMstr like this.
  37. D-Wiz

D-Wiz [H]Lite

Well, this sucks. Been coming here since the last century. Now what where do we go. Tom's has always sucked, Anand's got bought out and went to shit, WTFtech was never worth my time... um... Its not like any other site does real world playable benchmarks and tells it straight, sooooo.... well, guess I'm done with hardware and news.
    Seriously Kyle, end of an era. Even if there are no new articles, you should give the front page to cageymaru since they always had the best contributions.

greenman and FrgMstr like this.
  38. FM_Fixxxer

FM_Fixxxer Limp Gawd

IKV1476 and Dan_D like this.
  39. stiltner

stiltner [H]ardForum Junkie

Good Luck Buddy. It seems like forever ago that we met down in Dallas and had a smoke.

While you laughed that I was wearing shorts and a tshirt in October.

Its been a long fun ride, and I'm glad I was here for all of it. Maybe silent in many ways, but I got to enjoy many things because of this place and it holds a place near and dear to my heart because of that.

o7 to the best of the best.

FrgMstr likes this.
  40. SnowBeast

SnowBeast [H]ard|Gawd

No Shit!! I just got home from work at 5am and BOOP! Here I am. Fuck me. I gotta go watch that fucking Digital Jesus or Jay2fucks now. Techpowerup......uugggggg....rather have a razer blade ran across the nether region.

FrgMstr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.