Goodbye HardOCP - Hello Intel

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by FrgMstr, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostin3d

lostin3d [H]ard|Gawd

While many had hoped this was an April fools and know it all well to be real here's an April Fools that many like myself wish were real to help cope with the reality of it. Cheers Kyle!

upload_2019-4-1_18-22-13.png
    At DrinkTanks we try to innovate products to make your experience better when enjoying an ice cold one. Introducing the Self Contained Un-Tethered Beer Apparatus otherwise known as the S.C.U.B.A system. This system will not only turn heads but you will be able to carry 5 gallons of your favorite beer or cocktail. This bad boy is vacuum insulated and auto-regulating so you can set it and forget it. Available now

Bring the Party, Not the Cans

APRIL FOOLS now go enjoy a beer

FrgMstr likes this.
  2. Dan_D

Dan_D [H]ard as it Gets

Fixed that for you.

3. Puterguru

Puterguru 2[H]4U

Is Kyle's left hand where I think it is in that pic? :D

FrgMstr likes this.
  4. Puterguru

Puterguru 2[H]4U

You know I just had an awesome idea. At least I think it's awesome. Would like to see what the boss man thinks.

Every April 1st, fellow [H]'ers around the country take a picture of themselves at their local Hooters and post them in a thread. To say thanks to Kyle.

What do you guys think?

FrgMstr likes this.
  5. Sharps97

Sharps97 Limp Gawd

Still can't believe it. It was an amazing journey and I hope this new one works out well for you!

FrgMstr likes this.
  6. Elf_Boy

Elf_Boy 2[H]4U

Don't be a crap to the same sex either :) Intel is a progressive company after all.

FrgMstr likes this.
  7. dub77nj

dub77nj [H]Lite

Good luck Kyle and all that sappy crap. This just confirms what I always knew, the world wide web was just a fad. I'm going back to my gateway computer, dialup and usenet.

FrgMstr likes this.
  8. Kellsindell

Kellsindell [H]Lite

Still feel like it was last year y'all put on the [H] event in deep ellum. It's been fun.

FrgMstr likes this.
  9. kilroy67

kilroy67 Gawd

It didn't hit me until recently how much I really miss the HardOOCP front page until now, the reviews and just day to day stuff. While not as active in the forum as some I have been a member since 2001, so almost 18 years. One of the first things when sitting down having some dinner was go to HardOCP to check for a review or just to read tech stuff or what not. Sadly I still havent not found a replacement as good as HardOCP, and something tells me I wont. So thank to Kyle and the guys for making this such a awesome site!! Good luck Kyle, look forward to seeing you on the forum and Twitter!!:)

dali71, bigmac11, Templar_X and 5 others like this.
  10. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

theirs no reason we cant get the same news in a slightly different way right here in the forums still....most of the better stuff became discussions here anyway

Unibomber13 and FrgMstr like this.
  11. AlphaQup

AlphaQup Limp Gawd

We're going on 41 pages now... and everything has already been said, yet I'll echo the same sentiments.

Thank you Kyle and the ENTIRE [H] crew, you guys have been invaluable to me both on a personal and professional level more so then you know. Seriously.

I'm not a 15-20 year guy like some folks here (I ain't that old :p), I'm at a mere (almost ish) 5 years, but I'm bummed you're stepping down just the same. DAILY reader and then some.

Time to change my homepage to the new tech news page, and not mash F5 every 20 minutes at work looking for more tech industry juice. Going to be a hard habit to quit! Haven't been able to break it yet since your initial announcement, give it some time...

Wish you the best of luck in your new role man, kick Intel's ass into gear and give me a reason to upgrade multiple components in my system (y) (Chi feel?)

EDIT: I hope your new role takes you to Des Moines at some point, us Iowans do more then just grow corn here :ROFLMAO: I got the beers!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    FrgMstr likes this.
  12. Spun Ducky

Spun Ducky Gawd

Ironically I discovered [H] my first time in college even a good few years before actually making an account. Now over a decade later I am a student again getting another degree while still browsing this site. I always came here for no bs numbers and the internet troll level honesty. Good luck at Intel, are you by chance going to be at the Hillsboro Oregon campus?

FrgMstr likes this.
  13. Stinky2

Stinky2 n00b

I don't usually don't post in forums. I think I have posted twice in 20 years. ( I had to create a new account just to post now ) But I have visited Hardocp almost every day. Usually multiple times a day. I will miss the Hardocp.
    Good luck with your new career!

Trixar, pendragon1 and FrgMstr like this.
  14. grifter_66

grifter_66 Gawd

Well Kyle, if you're ever traveling through Reno, Nevada for any reason and have a bit of time shoot me a PM, I'll buy you a beer before you move on.

FrgMstr likes this.
  15. Thorax

Thorax Limp Gawd

I know, right ?
    I have personally seen soy beans, milo, and millet in those flat fields....don't even mention the hogs, cattle, and chickens.

kidding :) (kind of)

I'd much rather hang out in Iowa than most places in California.
    Just because loads of people live in Cali does not make it a pleasant place to be.

primetime and FrgMstr like this.
  16. JosiahBradley

JosiahBradley [H]ard|Gawd

If you're ever in Santa Clara, hit us up for a silicon valley shindig. We can meet in the abandoned Intel parking lot on Sundays. So long and thanks for all the fish!

FrgMstr likes this.
  17. Darth Ender

Darth Ender Limp Gawd

intel will never get any love (and as little money as possible) from me. Take all you can from them i guess. it's not like they've acquired it without resorting to underhanded schemes and backroom deals at the detriment of all their competitors over the years. Can't wait for all the fun that will go down when they start doing the same in the gpu space.

18. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

Smooches.

ricson and fuzzylogik like this.
  19. Elmy

Elmy Gawd

You going to be at the Hillsboro Campus? You should come out to PDXLAN for the fall event if you are. :)

FrgMstr likes this.
  20. FM_Fixxxer

FM_Fixxxer Limp Gawd

So, I'm sure this has been asked 100x over, but where do we go to fill the void now? I've been reading this site daily for 18 years, and obviously it is my only go to for anything tech news worthy due to the writing and Kyle's no nonsense reviews. I can't even begin to think of everything that I've purchased and been happy with after reading about it on this site, and being happy with my product.

That said, I wish you all the best on your new adventure Kyle. Cheers sir.

FrgMstr likes this.
  21. ChristianVirtual

ChristianVirtual [H]ard DCOTM Mar 2016,Aug 2017

So ? How was the first day ? Onboarding worked well ? How is food ? Any secret roadmaps/price lists to share ? :cool:

FrgMstr likes this.
  22. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

I really wish Intel would come to all the Microcenters and have like a product demonstration, cool giveaways and or discounts, talk about the future of CPU's or GPU's ... maybe show off some really cool top secret stuff.

I live in Kansas City, we never see anything like this here yet I'm sure the midwest accounts for billions in tech sales in every sector. It's always the big well established shows that get the attention and they are always on the east or west coast or overseas.

Would love to see some grass-roots style venue stuff.

FrgMstr likes this.
  23. Az Syndicate

Az Syndicate Limp Gawd

It's April 2nd now. Today we find out this was all a greatly planned and executed April Fools Joke! I mean I hope that is the case. I am still going to get my hard news, right?

Please?

pendragon1 and FrgMstr like this.
  24. STEM

STEM Gawd

consumerreports.org

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    FrgMstr likes this.
  25. spine

spine 2[H]4U

I'd imagine it started with him doing his favourite thing:

Signing a big fat Intel NDA!

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :D

nEo717, FrgMstr and ChristianVirtual like this.
  26. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis 2[H]4U

PDXLANs are canceled. Vector got hired by NVIDIA. He is replacing Uncle Tom.

STEM, FrgMstr and Elmy like this.
  27. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

HardOCP is coming back, baby! Announcement from Kyle here.

IKV1476 and FrgMstr like this.
  28. exlink

exlink [H]ardness Supreme

I knew what the link was going to be, but I clicked it anyway.

ricson, Lateralus, IKV1476 and 3 others like this.
  29. Parja

Parja [H]ardForum Junkie

Kyle, let us know when you finally break yourself of introducing yourself as, "Kyle Bennett, HardOCP.com". :D

FrgMstr, eclypse and The Mad Atheist like this.
  30. jonathonball

jonathonball [H]ard|Gawd

Enjoy the sell-out life.

FrgMstr and The Mad Atheist like this.
  31. SvenBent

SvenBent 2[H]4U

OK its April 2nd.

The joke is over...

You can come out know Kyle

Kyle ?

Kyle ?

Kyle.......

nEo717, FrgMstr, Lunas and 2 others like this.
  32. bwanaaa

bwanaaa [H]Lite

really STEM?!

So, I'm sure this has been asked 100x over, but where do we go to fill the void now?
    consumerreports.org

Last edited: Today at 3:32 AM

Is anadtech the only place left>?

FrgMstr likes this.
  33. TheRealEpicengr

TheRealEpicengr n00b

Its April 2nd so this is real right... or do we get the same 2 weeks on the back end since this sick joke started 2 weeks before April fools day, so April 15th? Or is that how long we give Kyle being able to stand being under some corporate thumb biting his tongue.

FrgMstr likes this.
  34. wudini

wudini [H]ard|Gawd

Good luck bud!

35. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

Anand sold out years ago.
    There is no place left to go.
    We will forever swim in a pit of marketing deception, fudged benchmarks, powerstrip unboxing videos and shills swinging for their team. smh

RIP Reliable Information

36. Spartacus

Spartacus [H]ard|Gawd

Feel like I just got dumped by my long time girlfriend.
    My girlfriend Kyle. :bigtears:

Best of luck in the new gig Kyle!

Thanks to the whole [H] team for many good years!

FrgMstr likes this.
  37. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

Guru3D is still ran by most of the original folks. Not sure of many others besides that though.

FrgMstr likes this.
  38. Hashiriya415

Hashiriya415 [H]Lite

Congrats and tell Intel what kind of CPU we want. 20% improvements and not these 5% kiddo CPUs.

FrgMstr and scojer like this.
  39. aliaskary77

aliaskary77 Limp Gawd

lol thats what i was thinking, how long can Kyle and Intel put up with each other? Maybe that's why its mothballed and not sold....jjuuuust in case :p

also, if Intel uses a cooler as a reservoir in another demo, I'm sure Kyle can get a Hooter's logo sponsored for it and have it chilled with beer. :D

FrgMstr likes this.
  40. Ultra Wide

Ultra Wide [H]ard|Gawd

Best of luck to you at your new job! (y)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.