Goodbye HardOCP - Hello Intel

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by FrgMstr, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STEM

STEM Gawd

He doesn't like Threadripper because NUMA. I think the guy is pitching for the blue team :ROFLMAO:

FrgMstr likes this.
  2. Jawadali

Jawadali [H]ard|Gawd

Congratulations Kyle!

It sounds like you'll be a great fit, and will still have the opportunity to do what you enjoy.

As many others have mentioned, [H]ardOCP was probably the last major hardware site that was under the original leadership, so this is certainly the end of an era. However, this transition sounds like it will be positive for the enthusiast community at large.

Keep telling it like it is, and best of luck in your new role!

Jawadali

FrgMstr likes this.
  3. Gulkor

Gulkor [H]ard|Gawd

Congrats Kyle for awesome job!

I've been reading reviews on Hardforum's for 12 year, Joined when I was 20, I'm 33 now, I've been reading reviews, I knew I wasn't getting basied Review on PC Part's, I'm sad see Kyle go, Chance change something such as working for Intel and Giving us (me) better gaming cpu's and hopefully gpu's,

I'm happy its about time, Company's such has Intel and Amd are listening us, For Intel Offer Job Kyle, Is big honor, Atleast I know when I do buy Intel Cpu for Gaming, I know Kyle in one way other, Had play and his hands help, us Gamers/High End PC Lovers, Good Gaming Product.

Intel see's (Personal Thought's) Kyle Honest Review, and no Basied on one company or other, just good or bad product, I am very happy for you Kyle, I wish you very best. It gives me hope, Knowing Kyle is Thinking of us gamers and High end PC's people.

I''m sad see Kyle go, I hope This Site Stays same and dont change, I love HardForum's, I'll be crushed if Hardforums is no more :( , I love buying on forums and I love all people on forum's, Everyone is great people, And Kyle and reviews always helped me get best money for Performance, And Same goes for Every Member on here.

I hope site stays same and no members leave, because you're awesome and wonderful people.

Kyle Thank you for years of reviews and being very cool person, Thank you for all time you've spent doing reviews for me and members here. I miss ya doing reviews, Breaks my heart and is day come April 1st.

FrgMstr, Mystique and Flogger23m like this.
  4. Hallucinator

Hallucinator Gawd

The most memorable posting in the forum I have ever read was by Kyle about that PC parts store called Monarch going down the hole, ripping-off many buyers right before going out of business.

FrgMstr likes this.
  5. grifter_66

grifter_66 Gawd

There were two sites with great communities that have been part of my daily browsing for 15+ years. Both died in 2019... I'm not even sure where to go anymore when I open Chrome now.

FrgMstr and Flogger23m like this.
  6. Angry

Angry Limp Gawd

My Chrome will never be the same.

upload_2019-3-26_7-4-13.png

(Im still in slight denial)...

drescherjm, Lateralus and FrgMstr like this.
  7. termite

termite [H]ardness Supreme

I am apparently the outlier.

I have always had Hardforum. com bookmarked and would go to HardOCP from here.

Again congrats Kyle.

Algrim, scojer and FrgMstr like this.
  8. BloodyIron

BloodyIron 2[H]4U

I WANT MY

I WANT MY

I WANT MY HARD OH SEE PEE!

Skull_Angel, J3RK and FrgMstr like this.
  9. Endgame

Endgame Limp Gawd

Now is your (or another forum members) chance to found an unbiased review site. Call it }S{oft|PCO... or something. Granted, I have no idea how you would pull traffic in this day and age, but a dedicated person could, uh, probably figure it out.

FrgMstr likes this.
  10. Motley

Motley 2[H]4U

I was joking about Jayztwocents, because of the crap he was talking about Kyle, the guy's a douche.

scojer likes this.
  11. nightanole

nightanole [H]ard|Gawd

Day 2, still have to fight the urge to not via instinct check tech news via typing H...

jeffj7 and FrgMstr like this.
  12. thewarden00

thewarden00 n00b

The closest I can think of is GamersNexus, but I'm not really comfortable saying they're up to the same standards. At the very least I appreciate their stance on the ethics of paid reviews.

otg and hondaman like this.
  13. Verado

Verado Limp Gawd

Jesus signed the NDA :(

otg likes this.
  14. Dayaks

Dayaks [H]ardness Supreme

To be honest, that didn’t seem to stop people from bashing RTX. There was a negativity train after launch.

15. TonyZ

TonyZ Limp Gawd

Its gonna be funny to see what Kyle has to say when Zen 2 just kicks the shit out of Intel's blue balls...

16. LazN

LazN Limp Gawd

So... where are people going for tech news now? I've always checked HardOCP and Anandtech.. What's the HardOCP replacement?

fadedlogic likes this.
  17. Lmah2x

Lmah2x Gawd

wccftech is the only site now that is reputable. No, but seriously PCPER is still alive and kickin.

18. STEM

STEM Gawd

Tom's Hardware is always a good place to start. Well written articles, no bias, just scientifically accurate facts, and most importantly, no shilling. Then there is always Anandtech, though if you look in the comment section of any given article, they tend to borrow Fudzilla readers. Alternatively, you could kickstart your own site. Work it slow, then just add to it :)

19. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

I expect AMD to do great things this year. I am looking forward to competition in the market to make the entire enthusiast community stronger, and I would never wish for anything other than that. Is that funny enough for you? :)

AceGoober, Fleat, Algrim and 12 others like this.
  20. Usual_suspect

Usual_suspect Limp Gawd

As new as I am to posting, I've been a lurker on this site since 2005. Hardocp.com is literally the first site I go to the second I fire up chrome, and I've spent many work and personal hours browsing articles, reading the forums, and just getting a kick out of a lot of the comments I've read through the years on this site. I'm sad to see you going Kyle, but as is always said good things must come to an end, and in this case you're moving to a more lucrative (hopefully) career, and like everyone else here I will just have to look elsewhere, and hope and pray for reliable information. Thank you for all the years of entertainment, information, and by far best reviews you will be missed. :(

Edit: I'd also like to congratulate you Kyle! Hope everything works out for the best!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    fadedlogic, Angry and FrgMstr like this.
  21. Motley

Motley 2[H]4U

LOL you know Kyle will speak his mind, no BS guy. And tell Intel to suck it. Move back to Dallas and open his own company building PCs.

22. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

Bullshit lol!!

It's his JOB to hype Intel now!!! That's just the way it is.....he sorta did it for AMD years back ...it's nothing new for him and doesn't reflect badly in any way...he ain't gonna bad mouth Intel unless he leaves the company and really I don't see that happening

23. penn919

penn919 n00b

Before the inevitable April 1st reveal, I want to be on record siding with the april fools theory.

I've seen far too many pranks like this. Also, no intel press release/ official statement.

wyqtor and d0a0b like this.
  24. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

I see no reason why they would bother with a press release..

That would be his own job lol

25. penn919

penn919 n00b

They do for all thier other notable hires. Regardless, i'm going to need corroborating evidence.

26. Angry

Angry Limp Gawd

What NDA?

27. FrgMstr

This one.

1529950393tzg2sp55fq_1_1_l.png

otg, alxlwson, Ehren8879 and 3 others like this.
  28. Woody1150

Woody1150 [H]Lite

Seems kind of unlikely, since there was an actual job listing on Intel's site. I guess Kyle could have some how convinced someone to post such a position, but that seems a little extreme.

29. FrgMstr

Care to put your money where your mouth is? :)

AceGoober, bountycode, Angry and 2 others like this.
  30. penn919

penn919 n00b

The listing is pretty weak evidence. It wouldn't make much difference either way. Listings come and go all the time. He could've decided to make this annoncement because of the listing

31. Formula.350

Formula.350 [H]ard|Gawd

I think you've conveniently left out the part of the bet that outlines what you will LOSE if it turns out to not be a prank... lol
    Then again, you may be leaving that up to Kyle to make a request, so it'll be interesting to see what you have that he wants. Since you're asking for 2 things, maybe your computer and your car? :p

primetime, jeffj7 and FrgMstr like this.
  32. Darunion

Darunion 2[H]4U

If it were a joke and gone on this long that is PR damaging and well beyond "haha gotcha!" And it wouldn't have been Intel, it would have been Kyle going to work for Chris Roberts as a community manager.

Silentbob343 and FrgMstr like this.
  33. penn919

penn919 n00b

That's how it works

34. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

You're in denial. Beyond the fact that Ryan Shrout talked about working with Kyle at Intel there is the simple fact that this simply isn't something I see Kyle ever joking about, at least not to this extent. Let's also not ignore that Kyle's employees have made long posts saying good-bye and talking about their memories of getting hired to work for the site. The only "evidence" of this being a joke is even more flimsy than the job posting. April 1st is the start of Intel's (and quite a large number of publicly traded companies around the world) 2020 Fiscal Year.

otg, Silentbob343 and FrgMstr like this.
  35. captainyarr

captainyarr [H]Lite

This is the 4th time I've loaded up HardOCP looking for news today :(
    I haven't found a decent alternative, so I guess I'll just wait.

36. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

That's because they're all just playing along, duh!

upload_2019-3-26_13-50-0.png

Angry, TMCM and FrgMstr like this.
  37. penn919

penn919 n00b

There isn't enough reason for me to be "in denial". I'm just not conviced. Secondly, anyone planning a prank like this would have known to enlist the help of subordinates. Furthermore, 4/1 may be the start of the fiscal year...but it's also 4/1.

Shrout working with him is a bit more compelling though....

38. oldmanbal

oldmanbal [H]ard|Gawd

Toms: The Hardware site that said 'Just Buy It' for a $1200 2080ti card without any games using rtx at the time. That site's reputation died years ago when it became an ad apocalypse to view. Then again I don't watch fox news and half the country does so does it really matter what my opinion is?

To be fair, running a nuetral hardware review site without vendors to supply their products is ridiculously challenging. Unless you have some kind of massive ad revenue coming in from youtube or other sources, you simply can't buy the hardware, and/or get it in a timely enough manner to perpetuate that cycle. I've watched a lot of really good sites die over the years due to the inevitablity of being neutral. Hardware companies don't like neutral, they like shills, like Tom's hardware that will recommend their products even when it's the laugh of the internet.

trick_m0nkey, STEM, scojer and 2 others like this.
  39. jeffj7

jeffj7 [H]Lite

ya just Buy it put toms in the same catagory as the verge. This being a prank would be to much. Its like telling your customer to go buy somewhere else.

40. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

I have no idea how Kyle managed to stay afloat as long as he did. I know he is part of Inside VR and has a bit of ad revenue and affiliate links. Other than that, I have no idea how he made enough money to keep going.

otg and FrgMstr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.