Goodbye HardOCP - Hello Intel

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by FrgMstr, Mar 19, 2019.

1. zEcToR45

zEcToR45 [H]Lite

CONGRATULATIONS KYLE! I wish you the very best and hope to see you out there so I can shake your hand! :)

FrgMstr likes this.
  2. Jandor

Jandor n00b

Haha ! Missed the date ! Excellent April Fools !

zEcToR45 and FrgMstr like this.
  3. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

4. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

I wanted each of you to know that I have taken the time to fully read each and every comment.

5. Brackle

Brackle Old Timer

I wish you well on new job Kyle! I hope this all works out for you and your family.....And can retire one day and enjoy it!

As I have been a forum member for a very long time, it does suck what is happening, but nothing lasts forever....And let me tell ya it was good while it lasted! We might have not seen eye to eye on things, and hell I have received bans but I always stayed around.

Again good luck in Intel and kick Raja Kadori's arse for me for releasing that terrible Vega card! laugh

FrgMstr likes this.
  6. Gatecrasher3000

Gatecrasher3000 Limp Gawd

Just wanted to add to what everyone has already said, big bummer to see you go Kyle, and for the changes that will happen at [H], as things are not going to be the same.
    However, you got to keep moving in life, thank you for what you have done here and for the enthusiast community, and if you're ever in Ontario I will buy you a drink.

FrgMstr likes this.
  7. BoiseTech

BoiseTech Limp Gawd

Kyle_Bennett Can I have your threadripper machine? Pretty sure you can't bring that into your office @ Intel.

jeffj7, Angry, Slash3 and 8 others like this.
  8. Rvenger

Rvenger [H]ard|Gawd

Sorry to ask a stupid question. Why wouldn't Brent take the helm of ownership? Was that in the cards as a possibility? I understand that could be still a conflict of interest but just asking.

FrgMstr likes this.
  9. ryan_975

ryan_975 [H]ardForum Junkie

End of an era indeed. I discovered the [H] just after high school while trying to find anything I could about the new K7 that I was trying to talk my parents into buying for me for college (sadly the local PC builder told them I didn't need that much power and talked them down to a K6-2 450). Then life happened and I rediscovered it around the time dual-cores and SLI/Crossfire had become all the rage. Good luck and kick Intel in the nuts for us.

FrgMstr likes this.
  10. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

Thanks. Thank you for everything.

JayteeBates likes this.
  11. Gatecrasher3000

Gatecrasher3000 Limp Gawd

Well, after hearing the news, one thing that can be assumed is that the PC hardware gaming sector is going to grow even larger over the next few years.
    With AMD about to release their Zen 2 architecture, Kyle Bennett becoming a liaison between a chip researcher/manufacture and the enthusiasts community, and google now getting into the fight, the next upcoming years in gaming are looking very interesting.

*I know Google steaming service is not PC, but still brings more interest/investment into gaming, so that is good for us.

FrgMstr likes this.
  12. HardUp4HardWare

HardUp4HardWare [H]ardness Supreme

>>Strong interpersonal skills

Good luck with that. lol

I was going to post in this thread what a complete bastard you are KB, but everyone here know this and accepts you nonetheless.

Thanks for the site and all your hard work, I got a lot of help from the community and the reviews, etc.

Best wishes.

Starrbuck, Slash3, alxlwson and 3 others like this.
  13. notarat

notarat [H]ard|Gawd

Later Potater.

FrgMstr likes this.
  14. Fifth Horseman

Fifth Horseman Limp Gawd

I've been following almost since the beginning (before Kyle renamed the site to HardOCP), and to me it feels like I'm watching one of my kids getting married and leave the house. :( At least I'll always have my HardOCP t-shirts and my Ratpadz to remember this site. All good things must come to an end eventually, though to be honest I never though I'd see the day the [H] would close down.

Best of luck to you in your new role Kyle. I know you'll be around but the scene will never be the same without the [H]. :(

FrgMstr likes this.
  15. Stoly

Stoly [H]ardness Supreme

What about a Good Bye Giveaway?
    Thread Ripper
    Ryzen
    Titans
    RTX cards
    Vega cards

:D:D

16. hottubjohn

hottubjohn n00b

Congrat's Kyle!...Your presence will be sorely missed as will be your knowledge...Good luck and best wishes!

FrgMstr likes this.
  17. Accursed

Accursed Limp Gawd

I am crushed. While I'm certainly happy for Mr Bennett, and have been visiting this site long before I registered and started participating in the forums, It's going to leave a huge hole in my daily browsing of the web.

Mixed emotions. Gonna preserve my [H] gear a bit more now, gotta keep PC gaming great! ;)

FrgMstr likes this.
  18. BoiseTech

BoiseTech Limp Gawd

Would be awesome! But sorry threadripper is already spoken for. Plenty of other non Intel giveaway items though!

FrgMstr likes this.
  19. EQvet80

EQvet80 [H]Lite

Noooooooooo!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:......

Having one of those Sad-Happy moments.. Time to pop a test pill xD.. Been reading Hard Forums long before I became a member, sad to see you go man, but I'm happy for you doing what you enjoy.
    It's been a great privilege to have you here, and I'm sure you'll do great things where you're headed.
    Remember, 50% off Intel for Hard Forum members mmmkay? Haha Best wishes to you man!!

FrgMstr likes this.
  20. TheBuzzer

TheBuzzer HACK THE WORLD!

Kyle_Bennett
    Since you are bring hardocp down do you know which site I could go to that will have hardware news similar to here? I think many of us is going to have a empty hole that they will need to fill up once hardocp stops.

FrgMstr likes this.
  21. EQvet80

EQvet80 [H]Lite

Sadly I started my current job on April 1st 2012.
    Not as good as your job and I hate every minute of it :p That is all...

Starrbuck likes this.
  22. SvenBent

SvenBent 2[H]4U

23. Parja

Parja [H]ardForum Junkie

In my book, not taking shit from anyone and putting them to task for their BS is pretty strong interpersonal skills.

Starrbuck, CaptNumbNutz and FrgMstr like this.
  24. EQvet80

EQvet80 [H]Lite

You're going to be reading awhile :)

Starrbuck and FrgMstr like this.
  25. andrewaggb

andrewaggb Limp Gawd

I just hope you can bring some meaningful change to such a big organization. I suspect it'll be hard and frustrating and I hope you will have influence with the right people to make it happen. We're going to expect the GPU's to work out of the box, games to pick appropriate settings and warn if newer drivers are required, drivers to update easily, etc. Their machine learning products need to be supported out of the box by tensorflow etc, preferrably not with custom builds on some other site (cough AMD). Work as expected, without extra pain and hoops to jump through, at a reasonable price.

FrgMstr likes this.
  26. revenant

revenant [H]ardForum Junkie

Welp... A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! Best of luck to you Kyle. I think it's a damn smart move of Intel hiring you at this position.

FrgMstr likes this.
  27. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Congratulations and best of luck! Definitely not my favorite news, but hey, at least I can get some work done now while I'm supposed to be working. :p [H] forums have been an integral part of my work day at every job I've had since 2003 / 2004. I was working at MS Game Studios when I joined (though I'd been reading the site since the Voodoo / Riva 128 days. I'll drink a Scotch and smoke a cigar to you this evening my good sir!

FrgMstr likes this.
  28. PanzeR-

PanzeR- Limp Gawd

Was it you or steve (or both) that made that p4 pop?

FrgMstr likes this.
  29. thecold

thecold Limp Gawd

Kyle I wish you the best of luck. Enjoy the new endeavor and don't let the stress of change get you down.

FrgMstr likes this.
  30. hairytoez

hairytoez [H]Lite

Best of luck Kyle!

I realized that I've spent the better part of the last 15 or so years having my coffee and reading the front page every work day. One habit that's going to change that I don't want to.

FrgMstr likes this.
  31. mls1995

mls1995 2[H]4U

Holy crap, where do I go for reviews now? HardOCP has been my go-to site for as long as I can remember (longer than my registration date 12 years ago)

Congrats on the job though.

FrgMstr likes this.
  32. gesicht

gesicht Gawd

wow! congratulations. happy for you. i hope you can influence Intel to do whats right by us and not just be PR tool for them. i know you wont be happy doing that.

this is still a sad moment. i have been on hardocp since the late 90's as a teen learning about computers and overclocking, now i am in my mid 30's. i can say i built my own PC on my own at 14 years of age because of this site. a PII 266, how to find the right code on the box for the one with second gen cache chips for easy OC to 400mhz. i haven't always been an active part of the community but, i have read this site almost daily for what like 22 years. so many memories.

FrgMstr likes this.
  33. Enhanced Interrogator

Enhanced Interrogator Gawd

Kyle, there's a big debate happening right now on Shacknews as to whether you're a good guy, a bad guy, or an OK guy. Just thought you might get a laugh out of that because I think there's been similar discussions over the past 20 years on that website.

FrgMstr likes this.
  34. serious

serious Limp Gawd

congratz Kyle.

FrgMstr likes this.
  35. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

You're serious, aren't you?

36. ssnyder28

ssnyder28 2[H]4U

How about a 5 o'clock free crack giveaway

FrgMstr and EQvet80 like this.
  37. Aireoth

Aireoth 2[H]4U

As this looks less and less like a April Fools (and if it is, I'll eat my shorts on April 1):

Kyle and the [H]ard crew, its been great watching the ride. I've said it before and I'll say it (maybe for the last time) I have never been steered wrong using your reviews as the foundation of my purchases. Like many others I've read this sight daily since I moved out of my ancestral home in 2002, it will be sorely missed in my daily moments enjoying a cup of coffee, and a few drunken evenings.

We all know this place will change with being mothballed, only a few of us will be left standing at the end of a year. Ladies, Gentlemen, MF's, I may or may not miss you, but I sure will miss [H].

Best of luck Kyle, catch you on the flip side.

FrgMstr likes this.
  38. ioweyousomething

ioweyousomething n00b

Would it be Steve who would have this been posting back in 2003 (same timeframe) i would get a good chuckle out of it.

So now that we have 2019 and it's Kyle: what ever floats your Boat Sir!

FrgMstr likes this.
  39. jbltecnicspro

jbltecnicspro [H]ardness Supreme

Wow, this is... Wow. Funny to think how I've spent my youth and now adulthood on this website and forum. Long time members/admins have since passed away (Lethal, BillR), life has certainly changed. For me this will be the end of an era.

Kyle_Bennett - do you know if the old articles (I'm talking Radeon 9700pro old) will still be hosted? Believe it or not, every now and then I like to go read the old reviews to have that nostalgia trip.

FrgMstr and CaptNumbNutz like this.
  40. tdkuhl

tdkuhl n00b