Good Windows 7 image viewer/organizer?

TechJeff

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a good Windows 7 image viewer/organizer. What I would like is something that is as good as iPhoto on the Mac. Also, it MUST have the ability to "pin" the image to stay on top of other windows so whatever images I open are always in front of every other window.

I was looking at ACDsee and a few others but wanted to see what others thought or used for Windows 7 as a good alternative to something like iPhoto on Mac.

Thanks.

you can have a look at the Picasa Photo Organizer. Picasa is a delightfully easy-to-use and inexpensive program that seems to have been developed for who want to manage a set of digital photographs.

Last edited:
I use Lightroom for editing/organzing and Faststone Viewer for viewing. I'm not sure either one of those does what you want, but I highly recommend them for being great programs.

Agreed on Picasa...the new one (3.5) has excellent features....plus it's free.

Going on a cost basis, Lightroom can't compete...going purely for features Lightroom, probably has the upper hand, but I find that I only use a fraction of what these things can do.

Lightroom is hard for most to learn as well. It is much more powerful, but not as intuitive or easy and builds more on what a prosumer or professional photographer would use and be used to (proofing, rating, tagging, etc.).

Still excellent though, I use lightroom and it is fantastic for editing and library. But most of my family uses Picasa as it is easy and a very nice interface. I even like it still ;)

Back