Good website to purchase WC components...

keefusm

Limp Gawd
Hey gents,
I've recently been considering buying a Fractal Arc Midi Tower, and setting up a 240 radiator loop (W/ GPU and CPU block). I've been doing a rough pricing build on frozencpu.com, and it seems to be coming out to roughly $600 (seems a bit steep). Anyhow, my question is, is there another reputable site around that people often use? Is $600 in the ballpark of a good cooling setup, or am I right to think that it is a bit steep?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,
K

About 500-600 is right for brand new parts with a CPU and full-cover GPU. Those full-cover GPU blocks add to the expense fast.

Sidewinder Computers, Jabtech, Koolertek, and Performance PCs all specialize in watercooling parts.

Yea, it just seems mighty expensive for the abilities that are gained by cooling. I was picking pretty elaborate parts (like the blue cathode coil reservoir, compression couplers, etc.), so maybe I need to go for functionality over aesthetics. Then again, I don't think I would feel settled if it did not look aesthetically pleasing..

Such a conundrum... I also don't want to be one of those people who buy a water cooling setup on impulse, and then end up selling all the parts a month later...

I have put together a setup on jab-tech for quite a bit less (about $384 without the extra couplers, etc.), but it really is not inclusive of what I want (like the components I put together at frozencpu).

Anyhow, I'm going to keep looking at these sites, and redundantly do a gut check to see if I want to part with the funds.

I still have a lot of reading to do in regards to putting a proper loop together, and then planning thereafter...

Thanks for the advice.

The compression fittings and all those other aesthetics parts add up really fast. You can easily spend 100-200 on them alone, let alone the core parts.

petrastechshop is now owned by the person who runs sidewinder computers. It has pretty much died.

The compression fittings and all those other aesthetics parts add up really fast. You can easily spend 100-200 on them alone, let alone the core parts.

Phobya make some which are a third of the price of bitspower etc. They look pretty decent (just plain silver/black nickel, I hate how bitspower fittings tell you which company ade them and have that horrible gold crap on everything...it looks stupid) though ill see when the set i've ordered arrives. Compression fittings don't really give any benefit over simple clips, but they look much nicer :D

Go for function first, like rad, blocks, pump, res, and add all the fancy extras later. There's nothing wrong with straight barbs, you just need a bit more slack on the tubing....

When you have a bit more to spend later down the line, you can simply get some nicer rotary barbs or compression and clean up your loop that way.

Back