Good Website Template Subscription

Stormlifter

2[H]4U
I design websites at my company for clients and I really have been running into the issue where they expect so much of me but don't give me enough time to get it done. So I need some help with getting the graphical end done so I can implement it into a CMS or add other database-driven elements to it.

So I'm looking for a good website template website I can subscribe to and have a wealth of nice templates I can work off and modify to fit the situation.

wpremix.com ... look at the themes link (or similar down near the bottom). Good pile o' templates for the money. I don't do it for a living, but seems the fit well with helping you on the themes for the CMS side of things.

Hrmm I don't use Wordpress as a CMS, but maybe I should be? Hrmmm
I'll look into that. I use MODx and it's easy to take any template and make it work for it.
I'm looking at dreamtemplate.com and it seems pretty awesome.

Hrmm I don't use Wordpress as a CMS, but maybe I should be? Hrmmm
I'll look into that. I use MODx and it's easy to take any template and make it work for it.
I'm looking at dreamtemplate.com and it seems pretty awesome.

One thing you'll want to do is check the size of the rendered theme. I've seen themes that are over 400k. You can use YSlow for FireBug, or the following link:
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

If you know how to use Modx well I'd say stick with that 100%. It really does well in a host of areas from people I've spoken too.

My issue now seems to be choosing between WP as CMS (which is friggin' easy to get up and running) or hiring out work to use Modx instead (which seems like it MAY be a better choice; but if I save that time and money by using WP and deploy the cash in other ways I may be better off... oh to be able to travel many paths and THEN choose one.

I am in fact doing that... I'm doing one Modx and one WP site (both fully and completely and operating them on an ongoing basis)... at that point I'll "chose a side" and be there until they drag me kicking and screaming to something else (that is even shinier).

Back