Good starter kit? How about Corsair?

everyone seems to agree it is a great kit.

you can get the swiftech version without radbox for 170 on newegg

I got mine for LGA 775 installed yesterday. It's awesome so far. A snap to install and performance is great. It's whisper quiet, too. My temps with heatpipe/aircooling on this Prescott were 60C idle and 70-75C load. With Corsair's setup they are now 41C idle and 49C load. I certainly can't argue with that. The price rocks too, and it's a great kit for watercooling n00bs like myself. I can definately vouch for TigerDirect as they had my kit here in 2 days with regular shipping.

Why are you not sure of the 3/8" fittings and pump? The pump is great (I've got one myself), with a great pressure rating and good flow rating. 3/8" ID is fine for a lot of applications. If you're thinking that you need 1/2" ID, you don't, it's overkill for most. The main reason I prefer that kit is the color choices, green andblack vs the blue and copper of the normal Swiftech kits.

In then end it comes down to price and what colors you want... the swiftech block is supposta be a very nice block (from what I've read) and the pump is top notch (got one imy sytem and I love it!)

Pooky said:
Why are you not sure of the 3/8" fittings and pump? The pump is great (I've got one myself), with a great pressure rating and good flow rating. 3/8" ID is fine for a lot of applications. If you're thinking that you need 1/2" ID, you don't, it's overkill for most. The main reason I prefer that kit is the color choices, green andblack vs the blue and copper of the normal Swiftech kits.

Ditto here on the colors as my theme is black and green as well. My rig is finally complete and the Corsair looks great on my Lian Li PC65B.

Back