good, small, powerful mini-itx case (non-black)

jadeite

n00b
I have looked through newegg's cases for mini-itx and they are huge! It's disappointing they are even bigger than my SG01 micro-atx i have used for 10 years now. I was hoping for something smaller. Are there any good cases that fit these minimum parameters:

(1) compact size
(2) accommodates decent graphics card such as a GTX 760
(3) single 2.5" bay for SSD
(4) non-black. I have been waiting for them to go out of fashion for 20 years since Dell introduced the black PC, but instead they are like a cancer spreading.

Lian Li has got a lot of silver cases which fit at least ITX versions of the GTX 760 and alike. Silverstone's SG05 is available in white.

Yeah, the new Lian Li PC-Q21 fits your criteria. it's only 8.5L. I'll wait for the A4-SFX though.

Wow, very impressed with the recommendations. Appreciated. Yes, small volume is desired rather than footprint. Let me summarize the suggestions as I see them:

The Fractal Design Node 304 mentioned was my fallback idea if nothing better was found.
The SENTRY and A4 are great but not out yet as noted.
The Lian Li PC-Q21, PC-Q19A and Ncase M1 are also ideal and available now
The Rosewill Legacy U3 is larger than all others above, but accepts standard ATX PSUs

Wow, very impressed with the recommendations. Appreciated. Yes, small volume is desired rather than footprint. Let me summarize the suggestions as I see them:

The Fractal Design Node 304 mentioned was my fallback idea if nothing better was found.
The SENTRY and A4 are great but not out yet as noted.
The Lian Li PC-Q21, PC-Q19A and Ncase M1 are also ideal and available now
The Rosewill Legacy U3 is larger than all others above, but accepts standard ATX PSUs

The Node 304 accepts standard ATX PSUs. You only have to worry about things like PSU size if you insist on using modular PSUs.

With a standard ATX PSU, it's mounted so that the bundle of wires is at the FRONT of the case. This allows for 10.5" of card clearance (maybe even 11" if you smoosh things).

There's room for excess PSU cables to be stowed aboove the PSU if you remove the middle hdd mount, or you can leave the four drive bays installed and just pack the cables in ttight like this guy did:

DSC_6429.jpg

I was worrried about the clearance when I first bought the case, but it's really perfectly designed for standard ATX.

I can post a picture of my case if you want a clearer image.

Last edited:
So if the Node 304's 19.5 liter volume is acceptably small to you, you should check out the Thermaltake core V1, which comes highly rated by [H] and can accommodate large CPU coolers, large GPU's (up to 11.2 inches) and large PSU's with excellent airflow. It's a more versatile case than the 304 in my opinion. Plus it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

REALAN - great aluminium cases. Otherwise any 10L cube, like cooltek coolcube or so. I have one here with a gtx 960, and it works great, not to mention how good it looks.

I have a new in box Silverstone SG05 in white (SG05W-LITE) that I can't find a use for... If anyone wants it let me know.

I have a green and black DangerDen ITX case too.... Now that's a sweet case.

Back