Good site for e-mail hosting?

tuffgong

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm currently running a site which needs to house a couple of contact forms. The mail server (sendmail) is set to block all e-mail messages.

I want to use another service to use PHP's mail function via smtp or just regular mail. Are there companies that do this? I've seen a lot of mail hosting companies, but I only need a server to run the mail scripts, not to house e-mail accounts.

I was thinking of just setting up another server, but if there's a company that I can use just for this then I figured what the heck I don't mind paying a little bit per month.

Please let me know if my post is utterly confusing because I'm pretty good at that.

Thanks

Hmm not sure if that will work. Let me try to re-explain the situation.

I have a primary server, let's call it mainsite.com. this site uses qmail has has plesk aka plecrap installed on it. plesk requires all outgoing mail to be sent to an existent mail user on the server. My other option would be to allow mail to non-existent users, but that would open the spam flood gates.

Now, I COULD create a user on the server to allow emails to flow, but i host all of my mail on a separate server using the same domain name. mainsite.com so that could get ugly.

I want to run another server. We'll call this one mainsitemail.com which would only handle php and perl mail function requests. Can I just sign up for a hosting account something like bluehost to do this, or would it be better for me to just use my existing mail server or create a second mail server?

Again I know I'm probably complicating matters, but I want my mail server and web servers to only host my email accounts and serve web pages. I'd like to have all spammable contact forms on a separate server.

i am very happy with bluehost...I use google apps through my server and have an email address through gmail with my domain

Back